Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Does anyone know the name of the mod that lets you craft different things that have the same recipe? Like therm-ex iron gears and advanced generators iron frames both have the same crafting recipe, and MC eternal has a mod that lets you choose which item you want to craft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Arkitektbmw posted:

Aside from that, I've been having a blast with Minecolonies. It feels like what millenaire wanted to be. It's so good.

My experience with minecolonies is sometimes stuff gets stuffed in workshop shelves forever, or a crafter will just get stuck crafting sticks and there will be 64 stacks of sticks sitting on the shelf, or the fact that the stone smelter guy seems to make smoothstone one at a time. I had to turn off raids because 50 man barbarian raids every other night is tiring because the town can't defend against it on it's own even with every other building being a staffed guard tower.

And the villagers won't work until everyone in that raid is dead. And they can get lost. Several times I've went searching for them with admin mode and they were all deep underground wandering the caves because some of them fell down a hole. Did a "kill everything" command to get rid of them, then turned the raids off.

Also the random endermen events. If you don't have enough guards the mod will spawn endermen in broad daylight that will run around and kill THE ENTIRE TOWN if you don't kill it. Guards have to be in full iron armor to be able to go 1v1 vs a zombie and win.

At least the production buildings actually produce goods. Fisherman, farmer, chicken rancher, pig rancher, cow rancher, lumberjack, and miner work correctly. Lumberjack tends to wander really far away and get himself killed sometimes, the miner doesn't adequately light up the tunnels and doesn't seal off entrances so if he wanders into an area with monster spawner or a dark area with mobs in it, he's gonna die, and the next one that goes down there will die in the exact same place until you go down and clean it up.

It is still a work in progress but I agree that it's a pretty good mod and has come a long way.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Is it time to abandon twitch launcher and go back to technic launcher?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Black Pants posted:

If you don't understand how mods work though, Baby's First Space Race or FTB Academy are probably better places to start though because Blightfall throws you into the deep end as soon as you land. That said, if you like a challenge go ahead haha, but you're gonna have no idea what's going on.

Also as far as I know, Mojang has never actually stopped hosting every single version of Minecraft ever released (except maybe snapshots) so your pack launcher of choice (Technic, Twitch, GDLauncher, MultiMC - GDLauncher being the recommended one but you'll need Technic for Blightfall) will literally download everything you need to play whatever pack you have it install.

Mojang is however beginning to phase out old versions of minecraft. If you Try to run ye olde Yog Box which has thaumcraft 1 or 2, I don't know, you can install and run the game but there will be no sound or music because mojang made the sounds for that version unavailable for download, you will have to get your sounds and music elsewhere.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Between Overwolf and third party launchers probably not working anymore, this might kill off minecraft modding or at least a major portion of it.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Now we can play minecraft IN minecraft, and Doom in minecraft.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

McFrugal posted:

You could melt down netherwart and then centrifuge the alchemy essentia to get magic essentia out of it.

I think there's a few kinds of trees and other growables that have magic essentia? depending on your mods you may have to search though them.

Alternatively if you have a way of storing/retrieving XP or automated enchanting of books, you may just want to enchant books at minimum XP level and melt those for magic stats. If you have a mob grinder those will drop enchanted gear you can melt.

The best source of magic essential I've found is any mod with automated fishing that gives you things besides fish.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 11, 2020

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I thought I'd try generating steam using the high oven. It's really underwhelming, or else the 5x5x8 (?) Merkanism turbine I built to live off of it is overwhelming it. I think the high oven is 13 blocks high at this point. The turbine is just devouring the steam. I suspect something is wrong because I don't think I'm even getting what would be considered a bucket's worth of steam.

Are you trying to use a railcraft steam boiler to fuel a mek steam turbine? I think they have wildly different steam/energy conversion ratios.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
I think the "cryo stablized flux duct" doesn't have a carrying capacity, just instant transmission. And that might have been confusing something somewhere.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Black Pants posted:

You should play Blightfall.

I have a minecraft server that I haven't played on for 6 months, I'm really really really tempted to just rip out all the mods I have on there and put blightfall on it and start a blightfall server thread. I would need someone to be admins though.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
I'm about to put up a no :effort: blightfall server thread. Is there anything I should know before I get it out?

Edit: if someone wants to help me and/or if tartifett rehosts his blightfall modpack with updated mods and other stuff I could use that.

Edit2:
Blightfall server is up, post IGN in server for whitelist.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3950791

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 9, 2020

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Black Pants posted:

The whatnow? Updating mods on Blightfall feels especially dangerous.

Taffer made a clone of the blightfall modpack and it had updated mods for that version of minecraft, a bunch of which had quality of life updates, crash fixes, bug fixes, config tweaks, and other stuff. He doesn't have his improved blightfall modpack files anymore.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Kafouille posted:

I'm up to HV on the GT:NH official servers, been playing on and off for literal years at this point. Decided to build up in the middle of a lake, that way I don't have to worry about walls and stuff.

Are you sure you aren't roleplaying Snake by remaking Mother Base in minecraft like that?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Blightfall so far: I've pillaged almost the entire floating city, I'm refraining from killing everyone on there because I want to capture them in safari nets for cloning later.

I found out that capured and released custom NPCs despawn if you leave them alone. I tried to make a zoo. Didn't work.

I Also found out that the way I'm supposed to do tech power is to use a laser with all yellow lenses for yellorite to power a reactor and go from there.

Also progress is slow.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Qubee posted:

Where do I go to see available mods and their descriptions / what they add? Is there a website everyone recommends.

There was the twitch launcher that did that, but twitch launcher for minecraft mods are now dead they turned those features off and sold it to overwolf or something.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Bad news: Railcraft boilers now output pollution. A lot of it.

Like old thaumcraft pollution or what?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

dragonshardz posted:

Sounds like Pollution of the Realms?

Fun fact, you can pump CO2 from that into a greenhouse for faster crop growth.

Can you kill people or mobs doing this? or are undead mobs immune to CO2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Minecraft Modding: Direwolf > Overwolf