Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

A detailed writeup/summary of mod drama might also be cool, for those of us who don't QUITE know all the details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

Someone always asks for it, so I guess it's my turn.

Everything and the kitchen sink mod?

Resonant Rise 3.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Is it me, or is one of those pets a nether portal?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Acne Rain posted:

The frustrating part is that I had only recently figured out how to make the tinker's bow into a murder machine

Do tell.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I don't know why I never tried it before, but apparently smelteries can be literally any dimensions, not just 3x3. My mind is racing at the possibilities, up to and including dong smelteries.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 13, 2015

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sistergodiva posted:

Yeah, my singleplayer game crashes on load.

Well, there were some issues with Omp-i on the server last night at least. Including but not limited to EVERYTHING being ore below Y level 30.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hey Rocko, do you have a mod list for Baby's First Space Race?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Technically, no. I have an old spreadsheet from when I was deciding what to add. Is that something special I have to put on Technic?

It would be good, yes. I want to suggest it to a friend but cannot do so in confidence without knowing what's inside.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

TheresaJayne posted:

There is a spawner under the haybale so if you have cardboard boxes you can box up that spawner and re-use it for mob drops and XP

Given the absence of Mekanism, use a diamond dolly for this.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I was going to post this earlier, but I'm dumb. Can someone break down the whole temperature mechanic in Tinker's Construct for me?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

This is possibly a silly question, but what do the stats in Agricraft MEAN?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I was thinking of whipping up a lightweight modpack to play with my 12-year-old cousin during holiday vacation (thinking ahead, I know). I was thinking Tinkers Construct and Ars Magica might be a good start. Any ideas?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

SugarAddict posted:

Iron chests or some other big chests mod.
inv tweaks (sort chests button)
Minimap of some kind
NEI (how to make stuff)
Extra-utilities
Gravestone
Nether ores
Enchanting Plus

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Those sound very good for sure, but I was honestly looking more for lightweight, fun things that a 9-year-old (I don't know why I thought he was 12) would enjoy.

Or, I guess, a lightweight adventure-y modpack with magic stuff.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 12, 2015

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Magres posted:

I've heard good things about VanillaQuest if he hasn't played Vanilla into the ground. HQM that runs you through vanilla start to finish

Not really the sort of experience I'm looking for.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

At the risk of sounding kinda dumb, how would I go about setting up some multiplayer Blightfall between me and one or two friends? I don't want to rent out a server or anything.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Maiden posted:

Best bet is one of you having the computer power and bandwidth to spare to host the server for yourself, with max 3 people, that's not much needed.

Right, but how do I host the server? I have no idea what I'm doing here.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Maiden posted:

Well I assume you know how to download it and install it.

I don't - that's why I've asked, twice now, how I would do such a thing as to set up a small Blightfall server. What am I meant to be downloading and installing? Blightfall itself? Some server utility? And furthermore, what port do I want to forward?

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 16, 2015

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

30.5 Days posted:

The server package is: http://servers.technicpack.net/Technic/servers/blightfall/Blightfall_Server_v2.1.0.zip

All technic packs that have a server download list it in the bottons on the right side of the pack page. You should be able to just extract it tot he folder you want it to run from and run start.bat or start.sh depending on OS.

EDIT: YOu want to forward whatever port it's running on, which is listed in server.properties after server starts.

Thanks! Just out of curiosity, how much worse WOULD Hamachi be? I'm not sure if I'm in a position to fiddle with ports, so it might come to that.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Glory of Arioch posted:

the main problem with hamachi is that it opens your entire computer to the guests on your network, not just one port

it'd be like they were plugged in to your router and with you at home

if you trust the people you're playing with not to try and hack your gibsons then it's fine

also you don't technically have to run a server, with hamachi (or other port forwarding) you can just start minecraft and hit the "OPEN TO LAN" button in the escape menu

however this means your friends can only play when you're playing

Excellent. Do I have to do anything in particular to make Minecraft use Hamachi's little virtual network, or will it just work?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Maiden posted:

They should be able to just type in your Hamachi IP

I called out Hamachi as bad because unless you want to pay like $25 a month, you're limited to 4 people per VLAN

Well hey, not a problem for me! And just to idiotproof things, that's the IP next to the power button icon in Hamachi, yes?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I know you can attach a ball of moss to, say, a stack of throwing knives to make it replenish itself, but is there any other way to replenish TiCon ammo?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sage Grimm posted:

Unsure if this works, but can you "repair" it by giving it the ingot it's made out of?

They're bone+flint in this case, with the business end being flint. Giving it flint did nothing, though I didn't try the Tool Station.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Is it me, or is the recipe for Ship's Helm hosed in Blightfall?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Speaking as someone who just wants to get Thaumcraft started in Blightfall already, where can I find some gold?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I think I'm starting to cool on Blightfall. Can anyone recommend a modpack with a magic/adventure focus? Ideally I'm looking for something with Ars Magica and Thaumcraft.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Mzbundifund posted:

Why is the crafting recipe for trash cans disabled?

Probably because there's an item with similar functionality in Thermal Expansion.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

SugarAddict posted:

OMP Sigma But I highly suggest you remove a bunch of useless mods from it and update others if you plan on playing solo.

Mods I recommend removing

Headcrumbs
Morph
Zelda Sword Skills
Darkness mod something (makes darkness really really dark)
Hats

and a few others I can't remember.

The gently caress is wrong with Hats? :colbert:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Magres posted:

How's Hack Slash Mine? I'm considering playing it while I try to get my friends to do Blightfall with me so I'm not all crusty and burnt out wrt Blightfall when we get rolling again

Given that it's still listed on Technic as running on 1.2, this should be informative enough.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Clairetic posted:

Watching people play games badly is like NTR.

Meaning what, exactly? 'Cuz I googled NTR, aaaaand apparently it's some kind of anime cuckolding fetish.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Are there any glaring problems I should know about with Steve's Carts?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Gettin' real tired of these interminable load times, Minecraft. I mean, I don't know what you're doing, but loading isn't it.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 29, 2015

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Blind Duke posted:

If you mean the startup load with the white screen and load bar at the bottom apparently there's a rendering memory leak with that screen. Use the minimize button on the top right of the window to prevent your computer from rendering it, which makes it load in like a minute

Should I minimize it while it's hanging, or restart it entirely and minimize?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Trip report: game not loading, except minimized.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Legitimately what the gently caress do I have to do to make this modpack actually load? It's a modpack for 1.7.10 and I'm trying to get it running so that I can get on a goon server. Do I replace Forge? Run a different version of Java?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

McFrugal posted:

Are you talking about Blightfall? You might want to check the client log to see where it's having problems.

I am not talking about Blightfall and also where would I get this client log, please and thank you.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Zebrin posted:

If you are using Technic, you can click on the modpack options, and then open next to the file path. There should be a folder named Logs. Should be in there. If not there, there might be a file called crash-reports that has what you are looking for.

A fine idea indeed if it were actually crashing, which it is not.

EDIT: The last thing that happened according to latest.log is "Sound Engine Started". Does that tell you anything?

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 29, 2015

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Did Blightfall mess with the poisonous potato generation rate or something? I just need one to finish my third paranormalist quest to find where all the flowers are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

CovertJaguar looks visibly upset.