Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

On a 2-3 player server, will I run into problems if we just mine whereever? Should we get seperate age to mine in?

Using ftb infinity.

Is there any mod pack that has a lot of stuff but is more coherent? It's really annoying to have like 3-4 different types of energy, a lot of different looking versions of bars, etc.

Would be cool with a mod that still has a lot of the cool machines and automation but maybe cuts out a bit of the redundant stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

StealthArcher posted:

Why hello there.

I'm guessing that is a mod/pack?

Searching for "minecraft mp" isn't really an option and reverse image search yields nothing. Care to elaborate?

Edit: OMP-i I'm guessing?

How intensive is this compared to FTB infinity?

Playing mostly with my younger brother who has my old computer. But FTB infinity worked ok for him with settings turned down.

Sistergodiva fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 14, 2015

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Awesome! Seems like just the thing I was looking for. I might be stupid, but where can I get the server download for it?

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Sorry, but does anyone know which mods I shouldn't add to the servers mod folder? Any other stuff I need to drop into the server folder?

Or does anyone have a pre-made server folder for omp-i?

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

StealthArcher posted:

I used to have a zip hosted ready to go on the server itself, but it, and lot of stuff has been removed while I rework everything for the new version :(

I'll have a new server zip after the big update is done, but best i can say is hope one of the two other guys I gave it to show up.

I know for certain InventoryTweaks and some other stuff has to be removed, but i haven't done it in forever at this point.

Yeah, I just started it single player. GF doesn't have patience for me troubleshooting for long.

Going to see if I can just dump this world onto the server when you update later. Thanks.

New tool system threw me off, nice to actually have to use it. Felt really loving redundant when you have vanilla tools as well in infinity.

Sistergodiva fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 14, 2015

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Thanks!

We had a great time with the mod. But I'm not really sure how tool progression works.

Is there any specific mod I could check out to understand how the tools and tiers work? Or is it custom for this pack?

Like, I can make stone and flint pick axes and then the next tier is obsidian?

Iguana says you need to use a smeltery, but I could use a normal furnace to smelt copper and stuff, so it's tweaked?

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Light Gun Man posted:

I'm honestly not sure how it works because I found a treasure chest with a thaumium pick in it pretty early and bypassed a lot of it :v:

My advice is that you can use mob heads on tools to upgrade their mining level. I think you're supposed to start with flint stuff and either level it up via use or skulls until copper maybe and then get into iron / steel / whatever else above that as usual.

Yeah, the stuff I found was vanilla tool, which are disabled in this pack.

I think I realized that I need to use a smelter, not for the ingots, but the tool parts themselves, going to try that.

Right now I'm having major problems moving my single player world to the server.

Moving the save for the world and renaming the folder world makes the server actually run it. The problem is that some mods are apparently missing. Like all the tinkers construct items will be gone, and trying to craft them will be impossible even though the result shows up in the crafting space. The log is full of "Skipping Entity with id"

Guessing I need to move some folders from outside the save folder, but not sure which.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Got it down to these errors when trying to run my SP world on my server. I have moved everything I could think of from the SP folder to where it should be in the server folder.

Maybe one of you wizards can see a pattern in this?

code:
[01:43:57 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id TileNode
[01:43:57 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id TileNode
[01:43:57 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id forestry.Swarm
[01:43:57 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id tile.projectred.exploration.lily|0
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id TileNode
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id forestry.Swarm
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id ToolStation
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id binnie.tile.metadata
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id binnie.tile.metadata
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id CraftingStation
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id PatternHolder
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id PartCrafter
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id tile.projectred.exploration.lily|0
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id forestry.Swarm
Tried starting it with a .bat instead but I get the same problems.

Everything seems to work fine except that all the tinker items are gone and I can't craft them.

Is there a .bat I should use to load the mods properly?

Sistergodiva fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 15, 2015

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Demiurge4 posted:

I just want to give a shoutout to the guy who made Baby's First Space Race. I'm visiting my aunt and her 9 year old and his friend are really big into Minecraft. I managed to get them set up with the Technic launcher because all they've played so far is some repulsive collection of pay to win public servers with vanilla. After they got their bearings, the absolutely ridiculous ore gen rates has them running around like coked up puppies screaming their heads off. It's so bad that they are actually flipping out and doing cartwheels on the floor in excitement every time they discover something new.

After they settled down I spent a few hours teaching them Tinkers Construct and they're really taking to it. Great modpack :3: Gave up trying to make them follow the quest book though.

Started a server for me and my 10 year old half-brother with FTB infinity. At first he wasn't really getting into the new items. Until I showed him my automated Steve's cart tree farm-coke oven-macerator setup. Also helped that we found a portal gun in the first chest.

Love the NEI, when he gets whiny asking me to do stuff for him because it's "too hard" I know he can see exactly how to do stuff and is just a lazy curled single child.

Yeah, he loves to skype and play minecraft with big brother. But gently caress the servers he plays on. The worst loving retarded 6 year old swedes you can imagine. Pay to be unbanned and I got a 30 min ban from the server for saying the swedish equivalent of "drat" in a private massage.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Demiurge4 posted:

It was kind of a major update, if you're playing single player you may be hosed.

Yeah, my singleplayer game crashes on load.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Demiurge4 posted:

You'll probably have to revert to the old version to play your singleplayer save. Ask StealthArcher about it if you don't have an old version backed up.

Yeah, I backed the whole mod folder up before updating. I was waiting for the new version anyways.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Turtlicious posted:

In Omp-I as soon as you have iron, twice cook it for steel Skip your way to the top of the pick tree.

Coal takes 4000c in the smeltery so don't be like me and waste lava there.

Got steel pick now, but still stuff I can't mine. What is the next step? See a lot of ores I can't find in the ground or mix up from others.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Light Gun Man posted:

How does temperature in the smeltery work, anyway? Need a bigger smetlery to get higher temps?

More temp = more time to smelt = mpre lava used.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

30.5 Days posted:

To be honest, after dealing with lorddusk, who's the only HQM Dev who even contributes anymore,I don't believe it's possible to fix HQM without open sourcing it.

I wonder if it's a thing where people who know that they would be left in the dust if they open sourced their stuff are the one that badly needs to have their stuff open sourced.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

CrazyTolradi posted:

Railcraft basically spawns water "springs" here and there, shafts of water that go down to bedrock level with a block at the bottom called "Water Spawner" which looks and acts just like bedrock except that it constantly has a water source block above it.

Water is the most renewable resource in minecraft, I wish some mod did this with lava instead.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Playing agrarian craft with a few friends. We didn't get any chickens from our eggs and still working on getting eggs from bees. Any way to get humanus/mortuus/spiritus scanned with thaumcraft without using a research table? So frustrating not being able to progress, since we split the mods up a bit between us. Heard that something in the farming quest was supposed to give chicken spawner eggs, but I don't want to do all the quests for my friend who is taking care of the farming, anyone know exactly what the reqs for that quest it?

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

So, Isn't magic farm 3 supposed to have quests? I don't start with a questbook and /hqm quest just returns "unknown command"

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Thyrork posted:

TFC talk: You absolutely should get a pal to play it with. Its a whole other experience with someone to share the load, and not in a "Anything can be fun in multiplayer, stupid." way either. Alot of TFC's mechanics are rewarding with cooperation, from farming to animal husbandry. The peak example of this being the smelting process for the more complex alloys.

So is anyone else unreasonabley hyped for "Blightfall 2.0"? I say unreasonably because I know its still going to be the same lovely minecraft combat, but man i cant wait to fight the world for my right to live on a world that very much wants me dead and turn it into a industrialized hellscape paradise for the colonists. :getin:

How stupid would we be to start blightfall today? We're really tired of our Agrarian skies map and blightfall seems really cool. I guess a full start would be needed for the new version?

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

SugarAddict posted:

Right click the arcane furnace with the golem. Then right click the golem with a bell, then right click a jar in the collection of jars.

Make sure you have attached an alchemy core to your golem.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Desperate Character posted:

I've never really tried using Harvestcraft before so I have a few questions about the trees with fruit you can get from seed bags.

1) Are the fruits that pop up once it sprouts the only ones you'll get from a tree or will more re-grow over time?
2) Do all fruits ripen over time and what effect does that have? I got an apple tree once and was surprised when one of the green apples turned red.
3) Is it possible to get fruit saplings back from trees/fruit or is it a one-time only deal? I noticed I only got the basic saplings when I cut them down.

Craft a tree-fruit with a oak sapling i think.

Also, they regrow, but there will be the same total ammount on the tree maximum.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

I feel a bit stupid. I have some food growing. Made a pick from flint and then prometheum, mined some iron and tin.

Not sure where I should go from here. Found the swamp and made rubber.

I died a lot trying to get to the swamp, made armor and stuff, but the flying taint particles own me.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

I am looking for a modpack that has realistic terrain gen. Something that is pretty balanced would be awesome, don't need a kitchen sink, but some stuff would be fun. Iguana tweaks and realistic terrain is like the only thing I really crave, because I like upgrading my tools.

Any modpack on a later version than what people usually use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Black Pants posted:

I don't think those things exist for anything beyond 1.7.10.

Also those are insanely vague search parameters.

Really, I just want something that has realistic terrain generation like one of the goons servers used, I am just not sure which is good and would rather just use a pack.