Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

They're all in different regions, and Doom forbids people to cross regions. So long as the Frank Castle of Arcadia never meets the Frank Castle of Greenland or whatever, then who cares if there are multiples?

Everyone secretly having a double in every country is a pretty amusing premise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

I'll accept this only if James Howlett and Hercules rule this part of Battleworld together as husbands.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Happy Hippo posted:

What is that?

DC One Million. It's really, really good. All Star Superman is a stealth prequel.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

^burtle posted:

Doom is gonna smoke Ultimate Reed, and it is going to be SO satisfying.

For some reason I took that super literally when I first glanced at it and thought you were saying Doom will use him as a blunt.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I want a Cyclops that shoots shields out of his eyes. Shields from the shield diminsion.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
If they were going to retcon it anyway, why keep the solar power at all?

But yeah, that he charges up from the sun is a lot more unbelievable. Suspension of disbelief doesn't mean every random idea is equally valid.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm kind of surprised he didn't just cut the bullshit and fully transform himself into the guy he so clearly wants to be.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

TwoPair posted:

e: Also, Peter Quill really seems to be taking the fact that all his friends and loved ones are dead in stride.

Peter Quill? That's clearly John Constantine. :colbert:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It looks like he's just casting the teleportation spell.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Son of Rodney posted:

Haha so they'll not revive wolverine after all but he'll be some other dimension version? That's actually really clever.

This was Grant Morrison's original idea for bringing back the classic Aquaman, but Blackest Night got in the way.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Deadpool posted:

The only ones I've avoided are...X-Men '92...E is for Extinction...

Why would you ever.

I hated Extinction's art style when I first saw the preview, but it grew on me pretty fast.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Oh boy! I can't wait to see how fast this one gets canceled!

No, but I'm actually interested. I think this'll be good...before it gets canceled. :(

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh, that's good! drat, events have a lot of tie ins.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
"It's a refutation of them just finding another solution" is ridiculous when that's exactly what Doom did. Imagine if the Illuminati worked with everyone from the start and kept looking for alternative solutions instead of defaulting to blowing poo poo up.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Have Reed take over Speed's body, solve everything ever in less than an hour.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I wasn't in a good mood this morning but the joke at the end of EoE made me laugh.

BEAST WARS!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

BrianWilly posted:

Okay, just caught up on X-Men '92, and I have to say it might end up being my favorite tie-in of this whole event when all is said and done.

"You can play as Dazzler, but not me?"

That's because the game wasn't based on the cartoon that ended up getting made, but rather, Pryde of the X-Men.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I liked Fantomex MAX. He was kind of like Rick Sanchez mixed with James Bond in that.

Deadpool posted:

So is D-Man.
This is awful and wrong.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
More like D-Bag, am I right?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gaz-L posted:

For all the people touting Jason Aaron as a guy who lets his artists draw album covers, I'm not sure how "Two girls with medieval weapons making out while riding a solid steel werewolf that is battling a zombie army from across history in a dystopian wasteland" could be made more metal. So I think Gillen and crew have Aaron beat.

Sorry, it still doesn't beat

or

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Isn't the Spidey-Sense only supposed to go off with immediate danger?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mimir posted:

Secret Wars as a biographical graphic novel about a veteran's struggle with PTSD. Aren't we all, in our own way, fighting secret wars?

You see me now a veteran of a thousand secret wars....

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

TwoPair posted:

Please, if Nick Fury was on the job, there wouldn't have been all this hand-wringing where the Illuminati fight amongst each other about the ethics of world-killing. Fury would've started blowing up planets like the stone-cold bastard he is without a second thought.

It's hilarious that Fury was a gut feeling away from blowing Spider-Man's head off.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

moleman posted:

Burner is Adam-X. Seriously.

Well, now I need to read it. Adam-X is awesome.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Is the reason for the delays known?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

NowonSA posted:

If you don't mind refreshing my memory, what council are you referring to? I caught the vast majority of the lead-up to Secret Wars but I don't remember any council or organization of tons of Reeds.

Hickman's Fantastic Four.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Would you say you regret it infinitely?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
If there were 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers filling a complex, and the word "regret" was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles, would it equal one one-billionth of the regret you feel at this micro-instant?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
That was hands down one of the best single issues of a comic book I've ever read in my life. God bless Jonathan Hickman and Esad Ribic, that was a wild ride.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

I love the man but he cannot draw children. There's a panel with Sue saying something and it took me forever to figure out if it was her or Val.

To be fair, that's a common problem. Val is supposed to be like, three, but everyone draws her as a preteen at least.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Her backstory has a lot to do with time travel and negative zone stuff, right? Boom, anytime someone brings up her age and how she's drawn, there's your answer: Reed Richards saying "It's quite simple, you see, because of all that time fuckery-" and then getting cut off.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Or they could just move his birth closer to her's so she's seven and he's like, ten.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
They are in real life, too!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Mo'MILFs is the name of my rap album.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Edge & Christian posted:

You might be mixing up this with another story, I don't remember, but Mike Mayhew traced a portrait of the actual King of Spain and it was going to be used for a House of M cover, then the government of Spain went "hey don't trace a portrait of our king to promote a book about a supervillain taking over the world" and they pulled the cover and apologized and etc.

Here is a New York Post article about it since no comic book website bothers to keep their archive up.

Marvel also had the ghost of Princess Di becoming a member of X-Statix at one point, but changed it to a new character after the backlash.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Edge & Christian posted:

So yeah, people still shouldn't trace, the jury is out on snitching.

Snitches get stitches OR snitches get bitches. Vote now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Phenotype posted:

:sigh: I guess I'll just get used to living in a world where I'm right and everyone else is stupid.

It gets easier with-

Lurdiak posted:

It gets easier with time.

-drat it!

• Locked thread