Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER
Well that was interesting.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Holy gently caress, how (and why) did they gently caress up Judge Dredd so bad?

Thankfully the more recent one is a SOLID action movie, check it out if you haven't

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Satisfaction Guaranteed posted:

Thankfully the more recent one is a SOLID action movie, check it out if you haven't

it's very simple

ask yourself: has sylvester stallone ever read a comic book?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I love you all

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
this is a good thread and we are all turds swirling down the toilet bowl of life

and tom b rady is a cheater

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Make this the background of TFF please

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Satisfaction Guaranteed posted:

Tom Brady's response is even better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aaubVlhNK4

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Roger Goodell's Terrible Horrible No-Good Very Bad Year.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

How many teams have never cheated? Is there a single one who hasn't had a PED suspension at some point?

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Traxis posted:

How many teams have never cheated? Is there a single one who hasn't had a PED suspension at some point?

the vikings have never cheated. we'd have won something if we had.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Raku posted:

it's very simple

ask yourself: has sylvester stallone ever read?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Sly is actually better at writing movies than acting in them. Go look at the IMDB. Dude wrote the screenplays for Rocky and First Blood.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Sep 4, 2015

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
He cheated, folks...technicalities won't change the facts imo

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Tato posted:

Tom Brady's response is even better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aaubVlhNK4

I always forget how awesome Armand Assante is when he's completely hamming it up.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

v2vian man posted:

He cheated, folks...technicalities won't change the facts imo

I love how people keep referring to the fact that nobody can prove any balls were even deflated as a "technicality" :allears:

If you don't have a murder victim there is no murder case guys, it doesn't matter how much you hate the defendant because he beat someone you liked in a fair contest

e:

Depicted here: a "technicality" (emphasis added)

loquacius fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Sep 4, 2015

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

loquacius posted:

I love how people keep referring to the fact that nobody can prove any balls were even deflated as a "technicality" :allears:

If you don't have a murder victim there is no murder case guys, it doesn't matter how much you hate the defendant because he beat someone you liked in a fair contest

e:

but seriously, he did have a preference but deflated footballs and was okay with his equipment guys breaking the rules

you do know and accept that right?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yes that is a technicality, I am glad even your homer brain can figure this out.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ehud posted:

but seriously, he did have a preference but deflated footballs and was okay with his equipment guys breaking the rules

you do know and accept that right?

It is fair to extrapolate that you feel the same way about Aaron Rodgers?

Which, of the two players in question, is the one which admits he prefers tampered balls?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

guys, it's perfectly normal for Brady to destroy his phones

don't question why he never destroyed any of his prior or following phones

or why he did it immediately after refusing to hand it over

there's nothing to be inferred from this

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Tom Brady posted:

Which, of the two players in question, is the one which admits he prefers tampered balls?

Rodgers has them inflated before inspection not after, the most subtle of differences, but still an important one.

What I'm trying to say is Aaron Rodgers is better than Tom Brady.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I also destroy 3 cellphones in a month.

Cuz

I'm a CELEBRITY!!!

:greenangel:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tom Brady posted:

Rodgers said he likes as much air as possible in the ball and then the officials let some out when they measure em. That's not tampering because the officials have the final say of what happened in that situation.

That is a lot different than having the balls measured and approved by officials and then having an equipment guy let air out of them after they were approved by the officials.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ehud posted:

Rodgers said he likes as much air as possible in the ball and then the officials let some out when they measure em. That's not tampering because the officials have the final say of what happened in that situation.

That is a lot different than having the balls measured and approved by officials and then having an equipment guy let air out of them after they were approved by the officials.

Yeah it is a lot different than the officials that monitor this ignoring a complaint about it because ?

And then allowing a team to compete in a very important game without addressing it because ?

Without making a stink about the integrity of the game which is paramount because ?

But oh, the integrity of the game is paramount, which we should believe, but ignored because,

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ehud posted:

but seriously, he did have a preference but deflated footballs

Say your speculation is correct, for the sake of this argument. Let's just assume it is. Even if that were true, he's allowed to have a preference for footballs being toward the lower end of the legal limit, which absolutely would account for (a) a guy calling himself the "deflator" and (b) the balls being the air pressure they were if you keep in mind the ideal gas law.

To complete this theory, the reason Tom claimed to have never heard of air pressure before or whatever at those press conferences is that he freaked out when all these accusations started being thrown around and is Not Very Good At Legal Stuff. That was a blunder and he should have just said he liked his balls as close to 12.5 as possible. There. Thank you for helping me come up with this theory, Ehud. Good teamwork. :)

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yes that is a technicality, I am glad even your homer brain can figure this out.

lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

loquacius posted:

e:

technically there is no direct evidence that Hernandez shot anyone

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

yeah it is definitely sane to compare a person thats (potentially) murdered multiple people to a guy that by the admission of his own employer was only tangentially aware of the transgression he committed

when that transgression is being 'generally aware' that 'possibly' some air was deflated in some balls used in a game

yep

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Untrue: they have him dead to rights complete with murder weapon on the other two murders.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Stop trying to convince people of fact that do not want to be convinced either because they're trolling or delusional so this thread can die in peace you loving spergs

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

We can definitively say a person was shot

They have the dead body with a bullet in it and everything

That's the difference

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tom Brady posted:

Yeah it is a lot different than the officials that monitor this ignoring a complaint about it because ?

And then allowing a team to compete in a very important game without addressing it because ?

Without making a stink about the integrity of the game which is paramount because ?

But oh, the integrity of the game is paramount, which we should believe, but ignored because,

I don't understand how any of these words address my response to your question, whihc was about whether or not I think of Aaron Rodgers' large balls the same way as Brady's shriveled, deflated balls.

loquacius posted:

Say your speculation is correct, for the sake of this argument. Let's just assume it is. Even if that were true, he's allowed to have a preference for footballs being toward the lower end of the legal limit, which absolutely would account for (a) a guy calling himself the "deflator" and (b) the balls being the air pressure they were if you keep in mind the ideal gas law.

To complete this theory, the reason Tom claimed to have never heard of air pressure before or whatever at those press conferences is that he freaked out when all these accusations started being thrown around and is Not Very Good At Legal Stuff. That was a blunder and he should have just said he liked his balls as close to 12.5 as possible. There. Thank you for helping me come up with this theory, Ehud. Good teamwork. :)

why does every patriots fan talk like this

it's like weird, cutesy, patronizing language but it doesn't even make sense lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Tom Brady posted:

yeah it is definitely sane to compare a person thats (potentially) murdered multiple people to a guy that by the admission of his own employer was only tangentially aware of the transgression he committed

PaternoBrady didn't know

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

loquacius posted:

We can definitively say a person was shot

They have the dead body with a bullet in it and everything

We can also definitively say a team is cheating

Because they cheat all the time

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Stop trying to convince people of fact that do not want to be convinced either because they're trolling or delusional so this thread can die in peace you loving spergs

yeah we may be at the end of this thing

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Ehud posted:

weird, cutesy, patronizing language but it doesn't even make sense lol

Much like what dribbles past pats haters' gums!

fe, am I doing this right?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The way people view Coverups is loving amazing.

Close the thread. gently caress the Patriots.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

We can also definitively say a team is cheating

Because they cheat all the time

:allears:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ehud posted:

I don't understand how any of these words address my response to your question, whihc was about whether or not I think of Aaron Rodgers' large balls the same way as Brady's shriveled, deflated balls.

A variance is a variance and whether it is slightly more or slightly less doesn't matter.

You are the one that holds Aaron Rodgers in esteem. You just acknowledged that you think it is likely he tampers with balls, which is ok because he said he did.

The other quarterback in question? He at least has the grace to not admit to 'cheating'.

If Aaron Rodgers had been more successful in his career at this point, and thus, upset more people he would be under fire too. Goodell is an idiot, but he is smart enough to know which 'cheating' quarterback to target.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

PaternoBrady didn't know

Well, that was probably as close to an apology and acknowledgement as we'll get and you deserve credit for saying it.

I guess this is your credit, since I can't upvote you or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tom Brady posted:

A variance is a variance and whether it is slightly more or slightly less doesn't matter.

You are the one that holds Aaron Rodgers in esteem. You just acknowledged that you think it is likely he tampers with balls, which is ok because he said he did.

The other quarterback in question? He at least has the grace to not admit to 'cheating'.

If Aaron Rodgers had been more successful in his career at this point, and thus, upset more people he would be under fire too. Goodell is an idiot, but he is smart enough to know which 'cheating' quarterback to target.

this is a stupid post and a perfect way to end the thread

thank you

• Locked thread