Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Ehud posted:

Brady claimed to Wells that he didn't know who the deflator guy was lol

The other guy: "Maybe he meant know as in like he doesn't know him that well."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alter Ego posted:

Honestly, at this point, what can the league do?

All this report seems to say is "Tom Brady probably did this thing". It would suck to lose a first-round draft pick or have Brady or Belichick suspended though.

I'm imagining a fine of some sort. Maybe a fine to Brady and one to the Pats, although it sounds like they're thinking it was mostly Brady.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Mods change my name to "come on help the deflator"

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Ehud posted:

Brady claimed to Wells that he didn't know who the deflator guy was lol

25 minute phone call with a guy he's never heard of

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Athanatos posted:

Whatever the gently caress they want.

Seriously, the line at the end is just lawyer speak for he did it, but we don't have 100% proof. Goodell's gonna give Tommy and the team such a fine.

pathetic little tramp posted:

I'm really impressed at how much disdain the equipment guys have for Tom Brady. They're the true heroes in this.

Yeah, how hard is it to find sycophants willing to work for the team for next to nothing? That's how every sports team works, what the hell guys, fire those zeroes and get some Patsfan heroes.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
As a member of a fan base obsessed with picking apart a condemning outside report I sympathize with the Pats Homers right now.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Anyone who says CBS is the station for old people is completely wrong

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

The Patriots are still Superbowl champs regardless of this report :getin:

Yeah, this whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

...I'll go kill myself now.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Athanatos posted:

25 minute phone call with a guy he's never heard of

a 25 minute phone call after the possiblybutwedonthaveanyproofGate news started to come out. What's wrong with that?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Might as well repost this here.

Wow. I remember how in the first week right after the AFC Championship game when all the damning information was flying that I came on here outright doubting the team, and said that if we were indeed guilty of the allegations that I wouldn't able to defend them. Of course then more and more information leaked out that seemingly pointed to the Pats being innocent so that by the Super Bowl I had no doubt in my mind that we were going to eventually be exonerated. And I've been thinking that for months now.

But the information in here is so damning that I have to accept that my initial doubts were right. Tom Brady is a cheater.

I am legit sad guys. :( Like so many of you I invest so much energy into this dumb sport so it only makes sense that I feel a good bit of it has been completely wasted. gently caress

Your avatar still owns, dude, don't fret. We've all been there.

My lovely football club has been piping in fake crowd noise for 2 years.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Rasczak posted:

Wait, 7th?

1. Broncos
2. Ravens
3. Steelers
4. Raiders
5. Washington (will be removed once the names is changed)
6. Titans (this used to be NE's spot but DGB+Perrish Cox launched them up.)
7. Pats
8. Cowboys (for those interested. An AP trade will put them at 5 easy)

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I wasn't expecting much when I heard there was no hard evidence, but the circumstantial evidence here is pretty strong.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

That Which Squeaks posted:

Brady gets suspended. Jimmy G comes in and lights it up. Tom sulks the rest of the season, gets traded, and the cycle begins anew.

Hail Satan.

The best of all possible futures.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Jerry guy on WEEI has moved on to "okay Brady did it but they won by a lot anyways and how big of a difference could an under-inflated ball make anyways?!"

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I hope the league does nothing about this. No fines, no lost draft picks no nothing. The fact that people all over the country snicker about Brady whenever the word "deflate" is ever said for all eternity is the best reward I could ever ask for. I just hope forever that whenever Brady is brought up as GOAT people just remember "Yeah, but he cheated". Helps me sleep

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Hey Aaron Rodgers did it (not that Brady did), but psh nothing happened to him!

:allears:

(http://v6.player.abacast.net/2099)

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The real takeaway is that the Pats are super bad at cheating and sometimes reverse cheat out of spite for Brady and he throws 5 TDs anyway.

They are real dumb.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Julian Edelman could be plugged into that system and do equal if not better than Tom Brady

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

After SpyGate the Pats went 16-0. After this they will go 16-0 and face gently caress the league again. Sorry guys.

18-1 actually

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Tom Brady cheats at football.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Who cares if they get punished we get to call Tom Brady a cheater forever and piss off people from Boston.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

Honestly, at this point, what can the league do?

All this report seems to say is "Tom Brady probably did this thing". It would suck to lose a first-round draft pick or have Brady or Belichick suspended though.

I don't care if the league does nothing, the important thing is that every time anyone brings up Belichick, the Patriots, or Brady as the bests of all time, they can immediately be laughed away as cheaters.

e: beaten x 2

Blitz7x posted:

I hope the league does nothing about this. No fines, no lost draft picks no nothing. The fact that people all over the country snicker about Brady whenever the word "deflate" is ever said for all eternity is the best reward I could ever ask for. I just hope forever that whenever Brady is brought up as GOAT people just remember "Yeah, but he cheated". Helps me sleep

Rad Valtar posted:

Who cares if they get punished we get to call Tom Brady a cheater forever and piss off people from Boston.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ross posted:

18-1 actually

But with the 1 coming at a different point of the season

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Tom Brady cheats at football.

he's literally Pete Rose

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

As a member of a fan base obsessed with picking apart a condemning outside report I sympathize with the Pats Homers right now.

I mean on the one hand, Pats fanatics still defend Hernandez.

On the other;

Blitz7x posted:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Pete Rose didn't cheat at football

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Troll account opportunity gone.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I'm imagining a fine of some sort. Maybe a fine to Brady and one to the Pats, although it sounds like they're thinking it was mostly Brady.

I like that they think Belichick knew nothing. :jerkbag:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Rad Valtar posted:

What stopped you before? Not like the first time something like this has happened.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Tom Brady is a cheater who plays the game of football

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Every Pats fan who brings up Rodgers is an idiot and missing the point., Rodgers overinflated the balls and gave them to the refs which is legal. He didn't tamper with them afterwards. Brady did.

And it looks kind of like Brady lied to Kraft and Bill because why else would they put their reputations on the line like they did in those press conferences? What an rear end in a top hat.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Knyteguy posted:

Hey Aaron Rodgers did it (not that Brady did), but psh nothing happened to him!

:allears:

(http://v6.player.abacast.net/2099)

I cannot believe Jerry. This is absolutely hilarious.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Tom Brady cheats at football and lied about it.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Ehud posted:

He is the radio version of every Pats poster in the last deflate gate thread.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tom Brady won't get suspended because the Patriots play the first game of the 2015 NFL season.

Bob Kraft will still be pissy.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Every Pats fan who brings up Rodgers is an idiot and missing the point., Rodgers overinflated the balls and gave them to the refs which is legal. He didn't tamper with them afterwards. Brady did.

And it looks kind of like Brady lied to Kraft and Bill because why else would they put their reputations on the line like they did in those press conferences? What an rear end in a top hat.

:lol: because why would they give a gently caress about the truth, of course they're going to go to bat for the best player in franchise history.

Unrelated,

Rad Valtar posted:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Ehud posted:

He's gone too far to be a Ken M type commenter, which makes me a little disappointed.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Aaron Rodgers is the scum of the earth

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Ozu posted:

Troll account opportunity gone.

https://twitter.com/the_deflator

Weak first attempt it's there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Ehud posted:

Now he's on the "He's been doing it forever, so it's fine" defense.

• Locked thread