Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This game is amazing - lowering taxes makes you unpopular, increasing housing subsidies makes you hated, Russia and America declare war against each other every other week, Korean war is absolutely inevitable, Cuba loves to conquer Mexico, and Iran tends to beat the crap out of invading US armies (that nearly always declare war on Iran as soon as the game starts).

Also the most efficient way to force people to make concessions is to get them drunk. Muslims can't offer other people anything to drink, making Muslim countries the Hard Mode.

The Geo-Political Simulator somewhat got worse between the first and third iteration (I don't really remember what the difference between GPS and Rulers of Nations is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I demand that you spend the next game loving the assorted athletes and artists of your country.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

corn in the bible posted:

I'm not sure that's how any government works, but... sure. Ok. Game over.

Being accused of high treason apparently made you pretty popular!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

corn in the bible posted:

The world leaders' names not randomly generated, and usually are just changed a little bit from the real person. so it's a little questionable to call the dude Slobodan.

And yes, the newspaper writing is... well, it's something, anyway.

Only few major countries have their leaders hand-crafted (lol) to resemble real world persons, 99% of the world might as well be randomly generated. And it's not only persons that's wrong, standing laws, statistics, political parties, organizations - everything tends to be pulled out of somebody's rear end.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

YeOldeButchere posted:

That's "Steppe Wolf: The Coin, The Sabre & The Pigeon"! Show proper respect, you sub-Bulgarian sack of meat!

Anyhow, I think that the Serbia-talk makes it obvious the Balkans should be the next destination in this wonderful journey.

Goal for the next pass through the game: Recreate Great Old Bulgaria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Why the utter gently caress do all the Icelandic people have Swedish names. Did I miss something and we got colonized at some point? It can't be that this shoddy game didn't pay attention to the details of the country, can it?

nobody gives a poo poo about your lovely rock

• Locked thread