Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Welcome to the TG chat thread! This is where you go if you want to take a derail out of another thread, you can't find a fitting thread for what you want to post, or you have TG questions.

Here is something to start you off: What game have you been wanting to start a thread for and why haven't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Why isn't there a thread for the classic game "EVERLASTING: BOOK OF THE UNDYING?" Is it because it isn't a game, but a spiritual experience?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Wait, didn't we have a thread for this already? Admittedly, I like you better than FactsAreUseless.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Apparently the latest version of Feng Shui is delivering PDFs, but it's called "Feng Shui 2" even though I was pretty sure there were two editions before this one?

Ettin posted:

Here is something to start you off: What game have you been wanting to start a thread for and why haven't you?

I haven't finished my TG Shovel Knight manuscript, that's why.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.
Second edition was basically just a reprint by a different publisher IIRC.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tulul posted:

Second edition was basically just a reprint by a different publisher IIRC.
Yeah I think it might havef fixed some errata and such, but it was the same game, while 2 is a significant change.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

Wait, didn't we have a thread for this already? Admittedly, I like you better than FactsAreUseless.

Do not disrespect my BFF, Facts Are Useless.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ettin posted:

Lamentations of the Flame Princess.

Didn't actually read it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Plague of Hats posted:

Apparently the latest version of Feng Shui is delivering PDFs, but it's called "Feng Shui 2" even though I was pretty sure there were two editions before this one?

I haven't finished my TG Shovel Knight manuscript, that's why.

Yeah, this one is an actual redo of the system instead of sort of an expansion and add-on.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Whybird, if you're reading this, you won the Play By Posting contest for your entry, Waystation Paradiso. You're owed your prize, but I need information to give it to you. Not to pressure you, but, if you don't respond by the end of the month, I will give the prize to the runner-up.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Besides ebay, whats a good place to get the old school D&D box sets?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Those seven days without the chat thread were truly hell.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tekopo posted:

Are the pearl clutching edgelords not good enough?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tekopo posted:

hail satan

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
Something I'm surprised doesn't have a thread and, indeed, has barely any mention at all on TG is Spellbound Kingdoms. An elfgame where swinging from a chandelier is a mechanically advantageous thing to do because it gives you Do Cool Stuff And Reduce Damage Points, and where calling someone a dickhead mid swordfight is also mechanically advantageous because it reduces theirs. The combat styles are diagrams of maneuvers that you move through as you fight, so you can try to predict and counter an opponent. The fluff is cool as gently caress, too. The aristocracy literally have a stranglehold on emotion, because in this world having enough passion actually legit gives you magic powers. The peasants have their passion beaten out of them in childhood. Love is forbidden. The nobles have badass powers because they are allowed to feel. The players are the resistance, who do daring acts of passionate revolution and get real stronk while doing it.

It's loving awesome and you should all check it out.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

Did we have an argument or something?

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
It kinda already has a thread (that it shares with FFG's other Star Wars games) but I'm waiting for Armada's first wave to hit and hoping it will get a thread of its own. It's a great game and I want it to do well so I get to play with sweet star destroyers and blockade runners and make spaceship noises while rolling dice with other nerds.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

One is work, the other is pleasure

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

FishFood posted:

It kinda already has a thread (that it shares with FFG's other Star Wars games) but I'm waiting for Armada's first wave to hit and hoping it will get a thread of its own. It's a great game and I want it to do well so I get to play with sweet star destroyers and blockade runners and make spaceship noises while rolling dice with other nerds.

I can't decide between Armada or Imperial Assault.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

I'm a Catholic whore, currently enjoying congress out of wedlock with my black Jewish boyfriend who works at a military abortion clinic. So, hail Satan, and have a lovely afternoon madam.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Perhaps it's out of context as I have never seen the film, but that scene feels really...wrong. It's just a secret agent killing a bunch of civilians in some pretty gorey methods. It feels like the secret agent isn't in control, nor does anyone else, of his actions especially considering his shock. Am I on point?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Covok posted:

Perhaps it's out of context as I have never seen the film, but that scene feels really...wrong. It's just a secret agent killing a bunch of civilians in some pretty gorey methods. It feels like the secret agent isn't in control, nor does anyone else, of his actions especially considering his shock. Am I on point?

Yes.
slight spoiler the church is a westboro baptist style hategroup. the agent is trying to investigate the main villain's connection to this group, which it turns out is only as a test for his super weapon - a noise that turns everyone who hears it into a raging monster with no inhibitions.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Don't speak with me please.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Covok posted:

Pretty much what Error said. The agent gets in a fight earlier in the movie and doesn't kill anybody, even after a gun was pulled on him.

I mean, yeah, it happens to the Not-Westboro Baptist Church so the audience doesn't feel bad about them getting killed. But they're cultists! Every RPG player knows that cultists' lives have no inherent value.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Don't speak with me please.

Don't Speak

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

It's based on a Marc Millar comic so yeah, there are tone issues. It's kinda good overall but it veers between "fun action adventure with class commentary" and "buckets of blood everywhere".

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

"with gook subs"

Classy.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Fuego Fish posted:

"with gook subs"

Classy.

Huh?
Where does it say that?

E: oh, the uploader description. Ugh.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 7, 2015

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
I always wondered if we could call in some fencing/HEMA people to compete in a Riddle of Steel tournament. It'd be incredibly hard to get started but the fights would be amazing.

E: Or Blade of The Iron Throne, since that one's actually in print.

Bendigeidfran fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 7, 2015

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Serious question: Why aren't there more Junji Ito comic with Dickbutt edited in? He's got so many great reaction shots.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

Flaggy posted:

I can't decide between Armada or Imperial Assault.

I haven't played ImpAss, because I kickstarted Dungeon Saga and I'm getting more dungeoncrawler in a couple months than I'll know what to do with, but Armada is pretty great. The movement system is cool, the dice are more consistent than X Wang, and star destroyers are rad as gently caress. I haven't really done any fleet building yet, but even just the basic box is a great game.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FactsAreUseless posted:

Serious question: Why aren't there more Junji Ito comic with Dickbutt edited in? He's got so many great reaction shots.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Please stop.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Flaggy posted:

Besides ebay, whats a good place to get the old school D&D box sets?

There's a decent set of links here to what you might be looking for, mostly to Amazon. And I think there's an OD&D thread in Trad Games that might have people willing to sell to you?http://www.waynesbooks.com/dungeonsdragons.html

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Who wants to live forever?

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Not me, if I have to listen to you two dorks shitpost at each other.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Ettin posted:

I'm just trying to keep the mood light, he's just being weird (er than usual) for some reason. :iiam:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ettin posted:

This reminds me, I have a suggestion that I've been meaning to share. When this thread inevitably turns into another shitposting circlejerk, instead of locking or gassing it how about just turfing out the people making GBS threads it up?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What is a shitposting circlejerk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Kai Tave posted:

This reminds me, I have a suggestion that I've been meaning to share. When this thread inevitably turns into another shitposting circlejerk, instead of locking or gassing it how about just turfing out the people making GBS threads it up?

What do you mean "turfing out"? Like, banning, or suspending, or...?

• Locked thread