Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tekopo posted:

*shoots you down like Indiana Jones while you twirl your spear*

well, yes

01011001 posted:

Ancient Greek helmets were renowned for their universal penetration so I'd probably rule them as magic as well.

if this is the joke i think it is, :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

There's like a bunch of chat threads on other forums and they are all for white noise and I dunno what you mean with posturing, brother, but I agree that Ettin must let go of the coward's way and let a thousand posts bloom even when they end being opposite.

I am okay with white noise as long as the chat threads are at least nominally about TG and people aren't just posting about posting/baiting other posters/ironic shitposting. Especially posting about posting. Posting about posting is the worst. (cf. this post)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

None of these kinds of posts happened if I recall it correctly, and even so, there are those who like posting about posting and baiting (heh) and while I am not one of them, I respect their tastes.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Let's post about broasting. Apparently it's a combination of breading and roasting. Is it real? Has anyone ever had a broasted item?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

FactsAreUseless posted:

Let's post about broasting. Apparently it's a combination of breading and roasting. Is it real? Has anyone ever had a broasted item?

I can vouch for broasted vegetables as delicious.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

inevitable 'bro' joke

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tekopo posted:

inevitable 'bro' joke
The Inevitable Bro sounds like an old conspiracy theory like the International Jew.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

[Old-time radio voice] Who is this mysterious figure, manipulating world events? None other than the Inevitable Bro, known around the world for his myste--

Bro: Wooooooo! Woooo! Beta Phi! Yeah! Yeaaaaah!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

FactsAreUseless posted:

[Old-time radio voice] Who is this mysterious figure, manipulating world events? None other than the Inevitable Bro, known around the world for his myste--

lol

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
If the world were ruled by a shadowy cabal of bros then the world would be a better, albeit dumber place.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Deleter posted:

If the world were ruled by a shadowy cabal of bros then the world would be a better, albeit dumber place.
Agreed, we could finally bring down Big Feminism.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

It depends. There are some bros that are more harmful than others.

A good rule of thumb to discern them is wheter they use gay as an insult.

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Agreed, we could finally bring down Big Feminism.

Big Feminism, the International Jew, and the Inevitable Bro on one page? What is this, Deus Ex?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

01011001 posted:

Big Feminism, the International Jew, and the Inevitable Bro on one page? What is this, Deus Ex?
No. It's GURPS: Cyberpunk.

Dec 26, 2012

I definitely need to pick up the International Jew sourcebook.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

paradoxGentleman posted:

this is correct

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I can tell which way the wind is broing.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

paradoxGentleman posted:

Thank you.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I can tell which way the wind is broing.
The beer kegs must be flowing
Because the bros just keep on broing
And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I'll take the GEP gun, for a silent takedown.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Error 404 posted:

I'll take the GEP gun, for a silent takedown.
The Deus Ex Non-Sequitur Post Meme

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Deus Ex Non-Sequitur Post Meme

Denton bros, best bros.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Paul Denton (in MJ12 medical facility): "Thanks for saving me, JC. But the truth is in another compound."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Wil Wheaton is making a TRPG show using a generic version of Green Ronin's Dragon Age RPG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Er6gDch9Lc

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

FactsAreUseless posted:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Oh boy, I love nerd man and special guests, other nerd men and women from media.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I kinda like Tabletop. That one game they are playing now, Dread, is interesting because it seems great to simulate an horror movie.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

I kinda like Tabletop. That one game they are playing now, Dread, is interesting because it seems great to simulate an horror movie.

Dread is a solid game, but had a big issue in that players whose characters get picked off early are just out. I've never seen a horror game get that right, but in a genre where characters are supposed to die a lot, there needs to be some influence on the game after death.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Wil Wheaton is making a TRPG show using a generic version of Green Ronin's Dragon Age RPG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Er6gDch9Lc

Didn't they have a Tabletop episode playing the RPG?

I think the generic version is supposed to be the system used in the Blue Rose revamp.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Loki_XLII posted:

Dread is a solid game, but had a big issue in that players whose characters get picked off early are just out. I've never seen a horror game get that right, but in a genre where characters are supposed to die a lot, there needs to be some influence on the game after death.

Just spitballing here, but what about this: when a player is killed, he joins forces with the opposition, be it via vampire bite, zombie infection or alien mind control.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

paradoxGentleman posted:

Just spitballing here, but what about this: when a player is killed, he joins forces with the opposition, be it via vampire bite, zombie infection or alien mind control.

That, uh, that's not how the game works.

Loki_XLII posted:

Why? Dread runs quick, and there's no rules against table-talk.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I know it's not how Dread works, I wad proposing an alternate way to play a horror RPG so that the poor sucker that gets killed first can still have fun.

But I was pretty unclear in my post, to tell the truth.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
I thankfully missed a lot of it b/c I don't post at EN World save to promote my stuff, but does anyone know the story of why the proposed "Damage on a miss" rule in 5E's playtest caused so much whining and moaning that the mods had to make an entirely new forum as a containment center?

I'm pretty sure the answer involves selective "realism," but even for D&D nerdrage that sounds bigger than usual.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Some really loud obnoxious people really hated it because it was a 4E holdover mechanic that would give fighters a vaguely cool thing and would invade any thread where it came up and were terrible to the point that it needed to be isolated from the rest of the forum. There's...really not much else to it than that.

Also, ENWorld is terrible.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
The first person to die in Dread is going to have to deal with the fact that they will be stuck watching three or four very slow games of Jenga.
However, Dread is still probably the best horror RPG out there.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

unseenlibrarian posted:

Some really loud obnoxious people really hated it because it was a 4E holdover mechanic that would give fighters a vaguely cool thing and would invade any thread where it came up and were terrible to the point that it needed to be isolated from the rest of the forum. There's...really not much else to it than that.

Also, ENWorld is terrible.

Why not ban the folks instead or threaten them with a ban? Too many of them? Were they members in good standing, or does ENWorld treat banning someone as the nuclear option?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Libertad! posted:

Why not ban the folks instead or threaten them with a ban? Too many of them? Were they members in good standing, or does ENWorld treat banning someone as the nuclear option?

Paging ProfessorCirno, ProfessorCirno to the blue courtesy phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Libertad! posted:

I thankfully missed a lot of it b/c I don't post at EN World save to promote my stuff, but does anyone know the story of why the proposed "Damage on a miss" rule in 5E's playtest caused so much whining and moaning that the mods had to make an entirely new forum as a containment center?

I'm pretty sure the answer involves selective "realism," but even for D&D nerdrage that sounds bigger than usual.

A few people more or less made it their hill to die on even if nobody was actually attacking that hill, and wouldn't shut up about it. It's just nerd obsessiveness. For a long time that subforum was 90% "THIS MECHANIC IS THE WORST" just repeated ad nauseam.

Libertad! posted:

All of the above. For awhile they were WAY more banhappy, and a lot of the banned posters ended up being 4e fans (though I attribute it at the time as being less due to mods intentionally targeting them and more due to mods not giving a poo poo; grogs were intentionally spamming reports at people they wanted to get rid of, same as they did in RPG.net at the time, and the mods were more then happy to just roll with it to "stop the edition wars"), but nowadays it's really, really hard to actually get banned; the biggest rule is "don't rock the boat." Too many of the nerds pissing themselves over what was hilariously a relatively weak choice were also seen as the big respectable posters at ENWorld, to boot. Of course, the moderation rules make it a policy to defend intellectually dishonest posters and to ensure they're allowed to repeat the same BS claims everywhere, but disallow calling them on it, AND ENWorld was always the biggest website for the "AD&D1e -> 3e" fans, so ENWorld's 4e population was never big to begin with and quickly ended up ditching it.

• Locked thread