Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718547

once again, another forum demonstrates a better way to discuss politics online that D&D, "duhbate and duhscussion", as everyone else calls it when they talk about forums to grandma (probably). while D&D has a 69,420 page thread about which president candidate looks better in a gray suit and other pussyfooting topics, byob gets right to the heart of the matter. think you can hang? then why don't you go post in that thread, or make your own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

p.s. this thread is xylo approved

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
here's where you can hang: from a lamppost, you forums fascist !

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Exclamation Marx posted:

here's where you can hang: from a lamppost, you forums fascist !

as someone who still has a stickied thread in this subforum, i demand you respect me

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
:smugmrgw:

Spooky Forum Ghost
Mar 9, 2015
D&D needs to rely less on megathreads. Bring back the 'Current Events' vibe. I don't want to be the one to start new threads though.

Well, cya

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

More White Noise posted:

D&D needs to rely less on megathreads. Bring back the 'Current Events' vibe. I don't want to be the one to start new threads though.

Well, cya

that's a real conundrum, especially if everybody feels the same way you do, more white noise :(

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

More White Noise posted:

Well, cya

Be the change you want to see in the world, or don't.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i liked your bfc thread psl it was a Good Job

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

bring back lf, complete with the avatar stylesheet that slowed my lovely-rear end computer down to a crawl whenever I decided to read some threads there (I invariably regretted it) *nostalgia*

alternatively hire some posters from freep and stormfront to come here and stir some poo poo up

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Aliquid posted:

i liked your bfc thread psl it was a Good Job

thank you. unlike that one though, this one is totally serious. well not the "byob is better at politics than d&d part", but more the "d&d people should post in that byob thread (and maybe others too)" part.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I'm here to hang

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

I think the word you're looking for is "chill"

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
trigger warning: byob thread

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
y'all seem like good folks, 4 stars would chill again

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!
Posting in a thread that is not problematic.

(That's Grad School for "chill.")

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

pig slut lisa posted:

i vioted for pat buchanan :shrug:

:dogbutton:

TURN IT OFF!
Dec 26, 2012

pig slut lisa posted:

D&D has a 69,420 page thread about which president candidate looks better in a gray suit
We should hang in YLLS.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

pig slut lisa posted:

p.s. this thread is xylo approved

Claiming that something is approved before you ask for approval is a pro-tier debate technique.

I approve.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Good Lord Xylo your av :gonk:

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

System Metternich posted:

bring back lf, complete with the avatar stylesheet that slowed my lovely-rear end computer down to a crawl whenever I decided to read some threads there (I invariably regretted it) *nostalgia*

alternatively hire some posters from freep and stormfront to come here and stir some poo poo up

you say this like D&D isn't populated with freep and stormfront

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms_S3sd5JzU

:rznv:

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

if herman cain ever runs again i have it on good authority that rznv will be his campaign song

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Badera posted:

you say this like D&D isn't populated with freep and stormfront

Could be I'm reading the wrong threads, but I'm seeing mostly a spectrum going from "left-wing democrat" to "full communism now". Maybe my memory's playing tricks on me, but it seems to me that sa used to have a much greater variety in politics going from Maoism third worldism (lol) to honest-to-God catholic sedevacantists (double lol) back in 2007/08 or so

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Could be I'm reading the wrong threads, but I'm seeing mostly a spectrum going from "left-wing democrat" to "full communism now". Maybe my memory's playing tricks on me, but it seems to me that sa used to have a much greater variety in politics going from Maoism third worldism (lol) to honest-to-God catholic sedevacantists (double lol) back in 2007/08 or so

Both those guys still post here.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
your*

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

More White Noise posted:

Well, cya

You're pining for a forum that hasn't existed since 2004. It ain't coming back.

Bring back DPPH too

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

We merged D&D and LF, and then the communists won.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

please take all LF discussion to QCS, where Ralp wants it :mrgw:

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
l

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
f

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
what is the correct ironic distance for that thread, in fathoms

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I donut understand the thread title.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Byob sucks

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

site posted:

Byob sucks

nice. it's immaturity like this that makes d&d the kids' table while the grownups discuss the issues of the day in the chill blue and lavender forum. ever heard of an ad hominem, well guess what buddy go look in a mirror it's you.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im a strawman ur-fascist, and i dont even give a gently caress

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
There is only one God and Muhammed is His Prophet, OP. Allah akbar.

Mods, ban this haraam piece of filth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
no mods no masters

• Locked thread