Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Remember that time dbrb played archeage and wouldn't shut up about being an eve spacelord and then got another archeage officer kicked out of goonfleet and goonrathi because he was mad at the other officer over fishing in a video game?

I do that was equal parts funny and pathetic

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Who did what now

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ullerm and fruitnyogurt are unironically good posters and I like them

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'll post more indepth making fun of him later I'm at work tho

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ilu ullerm

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ullerrm posted:

I'd advise you to think very carefully in future before making statements like this in a public forum

:v: :blush:

:henget:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mitsuo posted:

Nobody likes a pedant... except boat apparently

You

I like you too now

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There are a lot of words here unfortunately

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I hardly post in imp zone at all actually

I follow my own shitposting star

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have no idea what's actually going on but if anyone used VR as a part of their argument for or against something you are hosed up

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

goattrails posted:

I've dogfighted a lot in SC. Its a game.
Not a MMO yet, but a game.

:catstare:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Reverand maynard posted:

Alright, I'll bite.

EG does things things that are literally impossible at an alliance level because some goonswarm line members are loving useless. Our doctrines are limited by our player ability and we have never had any sort of culture that promoted competency at a line member level. You will never get kicked for being bad at eve and so everything that gets done, from harpy fleets to tengus to loving supers is restricted by the lowest common denominator, which happens to be really loving low. EG and reavers are the only groups that are tight knit, selective enough, AND have enough members which enables them to form actual fleets with complex doctrines.

The biggest problem really is that mainfleet by and large sucks dick, and people telling you to join sigs or squads to have fun doesn't really solve that problem. If I see a all-all ping go out, I have no way of knowing if the FC is pants on head retarded or not (other than prior experience) because there really isn't any mechanism to prevent criminally stupid people that think untanked algos are a good idea to fight worms with. And even if the FC is good, any wonderful idea he has is again limited by the competency of his members. If I see a reavers broadcast however, I know its going to either be led by asher or the FC will have his seal of approval so I don't have to join with trepidation wondering if the FC has any idea how probing works.

Look at the revenant kill thing. I wasn't there but I'm going to assume EG was fairly outnumbered but were stomping dicks because it was fleets led by oxygen composed largely of karmafleet retards and only half the people were in the right ships. You can't really just say GET GOOD FAGGOTS when its impossible to do so without drastically changing the alliance.

There is also this idea that people become too good to on on mainfleet ops because of these reasons. Instead of making fleets better by filling crucial roles in fleets to support the FC such as scout, being logi anchor, or otherwise taking any sort of initiative during fleets, its just much easier to join EG, reavers, hole squad or any other group that is selective because god drat sometimes you just get tired of no one else giving a poo poo. There is an alliance wide brain drain where good pilots leave mainfleet behind so they can fly in groups where they know the other pilots don't all suck. You can only go on so many bad fleets led by incompetent retards before you say gently caress it and stop showing up and go elsewhere for fun

Is it annoying that EG gets toys like nightmare doctrines? Kind of, but I mean our alliance isn't good enough to use ishtars for fucks sake. The only real way to fix this is by doing alliance level deployments like the one that laz did a few months ago, and just fighting a lot of other dudes alongside the same pilots every day but I think the leadership is fine with the GET GOOD niche being filled by EG and reavers.

This is a lot of words probably 99%of people are going to scroll past btw

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dbrb is bad and dumb

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:eyepop:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CashEnsign posted:

When are you going to tell the Space Court story? This thread turns into "Fitting Corner with Flanders" without some good drama (not VR poo poo.)

i basically am demanding court, but in space, to let kimsemus back in the internet guild for a fake spaceship game that will never come out. im doing this because dabigredboat got him kicked out of this internet guild because kimsemus attacked fishermen in defiance of the unofficial fishing pact that dbrb and some of his friends basically made up in a game that is even shittier and dumber than EVE

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lots of ownage going on

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
seriously ANOTHER person bought me an av? Thats 3 in a week

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Klyith posted:

I'd advise you to think very carefully in future before buying avatars like this in a public forum.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

That owns and I'm glad of a fellow goon loving angry idiot goons out of money with me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

masteen posted:

I want to be mad at those faggots in FCON for loving up our fun this year, but I honestly think that there has to be more to it.

Excuse me while I don my tinfoil cap.

I bet it's related to the bullshit name change from Clusterfuck Coalition to Imperium. It's CLEARLY geared to make us more palatable to the gaming audience as a whole. Less dirty words in our group name, contracting our massive cockprint on the EVE universe, expeditions into other games (all with developer support), and now this. We are having our goonish culture neutered so that Mittens and Company can take his little Internet empire into the mainstream.

I'm sticking around only because of the Special Group That Shall Not Be Named. At least OUR culture remains pure and hostile to all pubbishness.

so not only can this slack jawed idiot not figure out how to use a message board look at this loving post he made in MMO HMO

lmao imagine thinkng that you were better than someone because you paid $10 on the internet to post on a message board

"cockprint"

"goonish culture"

"pubbishness"

"faggots in FCON"

ok dude

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

masteen posted:

I'm so goddamn mad I posted this improperly as a separate thread. I apologize to the mods for my retardation. But anyway...

I want to be mad at those faggots in FCON for loving up our fun this year, but I honestly think that there has to be more to it.

Excuse me while I don my tinfoil cap.

I bet it's related to the bullshit name change from Clusterfuck Coalition to Imperium. It's CLEARLY geared to make us more palatable to the gaming audience as a whole. Less dirty words in our group name, contracting our massive cockprint on the EVE universe, expeditions into other games (all with developer support), and now this. We are having our goonish culture neutered so that Mittens and Company can take his little Internet empire into the mainstream.

I'm sticking around only because of the Special Group That Shall Not Be Named. At least OUR culture remains pure and hostile to all pubbishness.

gently caress you idiot

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
HURR DURR IM A GOON PLEASE DONT TAKE MY GOONISH CULTURE

:freep:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i paid $10

that makes me morally superior to pubs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

goattrails posted:

Not enough to be able to separate two distinct buttons from each other apparently.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nobody cares about any of that drama looks at this drama

this is from the Archeage forums, who is Gicer on SA and EVE?

so in the 3rd picture Gicer is advocating Doublestep be let back in the guild, the goon who tried to secretly sneak known pedophile BobFromMarketing back in the guild and also coordinated with him on IRC

in the 4th picture , "You seem to forget I was an EVE director for years", "Boat is a goon hero"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
does Gicer have any say in EVE goons anymore, why was he a director ever, and does anyone in leadership now think Boat is a goon hero

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its my turn for attention you fucklords

respond to my post

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vyst posted:

And we don't give a poo poo about your cat girl mmo pirate ship game.

you responded so obviously you care

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vyst posted:

No I mean you're probing us like we have a vested interest in your politics but we don't. Just wanted to clear that up in case you were confused

I didn't read this post

Hth

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vyst posted:

Oh ok. You're kind of like a poor man's Widestancer. Sad, really

What's a widestancer

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Widestancer? I hardly know er

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Narciss posted:

Oh boy, this again. First, I am autistic and on so many medications that no woman, man or child could turn me on so I have no monkey in this circus.

But if people are going to act like hysterical dh'oine over the BFM thing at least get some facts right.

Assuming what has been posted so far is correct and this girl was 14-15 and lived in Iceland:

1. This makes him at worst a hebephile not a pedophile. It is a not insignificant difference as this is a lesser mental aberration. If she was 15 she may, depending on development have passed out of hebephile range and this would be no aberration at all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebephilia

2. In America, for example, we incorrectly use the word pedophile for a man having sex with a 17 year old girl. Psychologists know that study after study (brain imaging, etc)show that men of all ages find females most attractive around age 16. But we have decided to protect these girls just as we have decided to protect many things by law. So that man with the 17 year old is breaking the law, but is not mentally aberrant.

3. The age of consent in Iceland is, indeed 15. So this BFM person was either legal or one year below legal and either non-aberrant or barely a hebephile.

So, in my opinion, BFM was a jerk back then and may be a jerk now, I don't know. Kicking him out was fine. But those of you acting like he was a baby-raper-murderer and Mittens can never be forgiven for even giving him the benefit of the doubt for a few days are being ridiculously over-righteous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe

Same

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Voyager I posted:

Link this please.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730&pagenumber=676&perpage=40#post446076159

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730&pagenumber=676&perpage=40#post446080444

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've also had $30 spent on avatars this week

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CashEnsign posted:

Also

Eonwe: irc.zulusquad.org:6667
Bunch of bitter ex eve nerds, mostly ex test, PL and a few goons. Shitposting is our way of life.

the #zulu chan?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Im glad of all this happening

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This game and eve goons sounds loving awful

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy