Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Remember that MMO you kickstarted because it meant access to an endless tide of weirdoes?

This game delivers a torrent of crazy, month upon month, year upon year.

Back in 2012

Xutech: sorry I missed your call, I was away shopping - what did I miss
Prencleeve Grothmore: I've been talking to my Inteligence director.
Prencleeve Grothmore: If I do appear in your radio show, he would love to be there along side me.
Xutech: I'm sure the organisers will be happy to do that
Prencleeve Grothmore: Great.
Xutech: was that the other person on the shared chat in skype?
Prencleeve Grothmore: No, I added the wrong person.

*** Prencleeve Grothmore added Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski ***

Prencleeve Grothmore: Kajetan, this is Xutech.
Prencleeve Grothmore: This guy is my intelligence director.
Xutech: hello, i'm xutech
Prencleeve Grothmore: He might be afk.
Xutech: that's okay, I'm sure we'll eventually synch
Xutech: I keep all sorts of hours
Xutech: did you contact endie yet about his offer?
Prencleeve Grothmore: I don't remember getting an offer of him.
Xutech: he mentioned it on your thread
Prencleeve Grothmore: Let me check
Prencleeve Grothmore: My team suggested I ignore his offer. By contacting him ingame, I reveal my identity and I allow him to report my account to CCP who will ban it promptly.
Xutech: you should contact him via the forums then
Prencleeve Grothmore: Just did so
Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski: Hello.
Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski: I am the intelligence director.
Xutech: hi - good to meet you
Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski: You too.
Xutech: so, tell me a little more about yourself
Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski: I'm into computing, that's my main hobby. Hence entering an organisation based mainly on the web.
Prencleeve Grothmore: I'm in Kajetan's school btw
Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski: Indeed. That is how we came to know each other.
Xutech: so how were you chosen to be an intelligence director

Prencleeve Grothmore: When you control as many Spies as I do, you learn to trust nobody.

Prencleeve Grothmore: Although, there are people you trust more than others.
Prencleeve Grothmore: Kajetan is the most trusted man (boy) I know
Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski: And if anyone's identity is reavealed, it would be mine. And I'm quite good at making new ones.
Xutech: so, where did you go to find information about your role?
Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski: What do you mean?
Xutech: how old are you
Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski: 13.
Xutech: so, when you decided to become an intelligence director, where did you go to learn how to do your job
Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski: I went to James. He taught me many things. I knew a few tricks before, allowing me to become slightly more proficient, but most of my skill in this role comes from James.
Xutech: how did you convince people outside your circle of trust to take you seriously / help you
Prencleeve Grothmore: Is that one for me or kaj?
Xutech: whomever can answer it

Prencleeve Grothmore: I've been attemtping to join/destroy the CFC for several years now (since I was 11 ) Somebody with such dedication must be taken seriously.

Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski: I joined him, and worked with him, but as intelligence director, I cannot really run around advertising our operation.
Xutech: what kind of investment have you had to place in your organisation and how do you reduce them
Prencleeve Grothmore: Time wise, many weeks. Money wise, I estimate around £650 - excluding the subscriptions and plexes I buy for my spies.
Xutech: costs, that is
Prencleeve Grothmore: We spend money on marketing and buying SA/Reddit accounts.
Prencleeve Grothmore: We also buy characters already in corps we need intel on.
Prencleeve Grothmore: We do most of our dealings with real currency, when needed we use RTM to generate ISK in short periods of time.
Prencleeve Grothmore: *RMT
Xutech: so if you buy plexes for your spies your costs would be even higher
Xutech: how do you afford all this?
Prencleeve Grothmore: Allowance from parents.
Prencleeve Grothmore: I sometimes make a small income from my blog.
Xutech: if you had been accepted into GSF, what do you consider your role would have been
Prencleeve Grothmore: I would of been a normal GSF member and would enjoy the GF culture.
Prencleeve Grothmore: *would have
Xutech: normally a person refused entry would have joined another group, what considerations led you to deciding to publicly denounce them?
Prencleeve Grothmore: They didn't understand that I wasn't just another 'pubbie', I had a passion to join the Goons.
Xutech: have you contacted other disappointed applicants?
Prencleeve Grothmore: No. Most other applicants were just looking to take advantage of the Goon's 0.0 space.
Prencleeve Grothmore: I didn't, I truly wanted to become part of Goon culture.
Xutech: Normally a saboteur would attack a group and then reveal their reasons, why did you choose to publically air your plans?
Prencleeve Grothmore: Attentiion is the greatest distraction.
Xutech: given your public campaign, why did you not decide to stand for CSM?

Prencleeve Grothmore: I'm under 18 and banned from the game.

Xutech: Given the kind of business professionals that are key members of the larger alliances, how do you think your team will stand up to groups of security professionals, business people, lawyers and IT workers?
Prencleeve Grothmore: We're not a 2 man band. We have 3 divisions with 3 men in each one, we have a Test director who is spying for us.
Xutech: sure, but you must admit there's a disparity of experience and power.
Prencleeve Grothmore: Yup, but I can assure you, nobody can save Test now.
Xutech: what would you define as success against Test?
Prencleeve Grothmore: A formal and long-term seperation from the CFC.
Xutech: how many members of Test are there?
Prencleeve Grothmore: Thousands.
Xutech: And how would they separate from the CFC?
Prencleeve Grothmore: When they realise they would be better off outside of the Coalition.
Prencleeve Grothmore: Xutech, do you much about VPNs and Virtual Machines?
Xutech: I mean - how would they prove they had complied with your requests and how would you prevent them from going back on their word?
Prencleeve Grothmore: I won't. They'll do that themselves.
Xutech: If a member of Test were to ask you why they should disentangle themselves from the CFC what reasons would you give?
Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski: Because if they don't, we will act upon our word.
Xutech: I don't think you understand. You mentioned that Test would realise they would be better off outside the coalition. How would they realise this?
Prencleeve Grothmore: We cannot tell you that.
Xutech: So you would not provide an argument, but rather an act which would convince them to leave.
Prencleeve Grothmore: Yes
Prencleeve Grothmore: Our actions will aid their final decision.
Xutech: wouldn't your concern be that any act, no matter how potent, would unify them instead of separating them?
Prencleeve Grothmore: When I say 'Our', I mean Raiden, The Assyrian Coalition (Me and my peoples) and NC.
Prencleeve Grothmore: We believe that may be the case, if so - we we'll collapse them and leave their enemies to take their space.
Xutech: But if that were the case, wouldn't they decide that sticking together would afford them a better chance of success?
Prencleeve Grothmore: That may be the case, however if Fountain was controled by Raiden, NC and Brick Squad and possibly even Russians, then surely this would allow for a much better attack on Goonswarm.
Xutech: That hasn't been the case so far, you must admit
Prencleeve Grothmore: Indeed, I cannot tell you how things will happen, however my people can make good predictions.
Xutech: Does this mean that your actual strategy is to work with the NC, Raiden et al?
Prencleeve Grothmore: Indeed.
Xutech: It would be difficult to claim their work and success as your own though, don't you think?
Prencleeve Grothmore: Why would I want to claim success? The end result is the same.
Xutech: But I mean to say that noone in the grandstand at a football match could claim they were affecting the game.
Prencleeve Grothmore: No, but we plan on collapsing the alliance on a live stream - after we've done our bit, Kajetan will signle to NC and Raiden.
Xutech: which member of Test has the power to disband the alliance?
Prencleeve Grothmore: The CEO of Dreddit.
Xutech: whose name is?
Prencleeve Grothmore: Montolio
Xutech: so, your victory condition would be for Montolio to log on and begin kicking corporations from the alliance
Prencleeve Grothmore: No, we have flexibility when it comes to that.
Xutech: it doesn't sound like it's necessary for any general member to vote to accede to your demands, only for your attack to work
Prencleeve Grothmore: We have a director onside as well
Xutech: and how would a director help you to succeed?
Prencleeve Grothmore: The auth system plays a key part in that
Xutech: go on
Prencleeve Grothmore: Kajetan is screaming at me in the call not to tell you, so I won't.
Xutech: it would be impolite of you not to answer my question
Xutech: besides, I want to see how clever you are
Prencleeve Grothmore: Its impolite to ask such question.
Prencleeve Grothmore: Clever enough not to tell you
Prencleeve Grothmore: Unless you wish to side with the Assyrian Coalition.
Xutech: I don't want them, I want to see what you are worth
Prencleeve Grothmore: That benefits me because?
Xutech: you already know the answer to that
Prencleeve Grothmore: I don't believe I do
Prencleeve Grothmore: I don't even know who are in-game.
Xutech: You must go away and think about all this now. Consider it a test.
Prencleeve Grothmore: You are an Admin of one of the popular Eve Online forums. You could be a help when it comes to public support, Kajetan is doing a background check on you right now.
Prencleeve Grothmore: Right
Prencleeve Grothmore: I've told you the wrong things today.
*** Conference call ***
Xutech: go on
Prencleeve Grothmore: I need to take a break, I have some things to do. Let me talk to you in 10-15 minutes. Is that ok?
Xutech: I need to go to sleep, it's 4am
Xutech: I will talk to you later. you have a lot to digest
Prencleeve Grothmore: Let us talk another time then.
Xutech: excellent!
Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski: Yes, it is rather early in Massachusetts.
Xutech: very much so
Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski: accord
Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski: *According to my research...
Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski: You are there...
Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski: Just showing how good my team is.
Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski: Or am i wrong.
Kajetan 'LoveHub' 'The gently caress' Champlewski: Still, goodbye for now...

I live in Australia, and Prencleeve is still here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I wonder how Ankhesentakempah's doing these days.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Doublestep posted:

that is some kugu quality posting right there

what is dead may never die :)

We didn't make you sniff glue, we just gave you the place to do it.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

101 new posts? New war? No it's just wank-filled posts about reasons why I aired my laundry on Reddit instead of handling this poo poo like a sensible person and not taking a big steaming poo poo on a bunch of innocent people just to get at one or 2 people I don't like.

I cannot imagine the world of bon mot popping philosophers who wait to delight your senses everyday.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I like Eonwe, he's like Bizarro world Mandozer.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

When confronted he faked emails from her parents saying "yeah lol we love you you'd be awesome at being our son in law!!".

What made you think they were fake emails? When I read the letter it seemed like her idiot father honestly thought they were star-crossed lovers.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Fermented Tinal posted:

Hypothetical here, you have a teenage daughter that probably spends a bit too much time online, but like most parents you are probably not entirely aware of what she does on her computer. Then you find out she has an adult male internet boyfriend.

What would your reaction be?

Well, I would think my hypothetical daughter was being groomed by some weirdo on the internet as a sex slave. Because I don't come from some sheltered homogenous farming town.

When I was shown the letter it was pretty clear that he thought his daughter was in love with some honourable guy and that it was his duty to welcome him into the family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Did I not mention the part where "ok hang on I found another email im reading it now" was said at least once, potentially multiple times as these "emails from ice dad" were posted 30 minutes plus apart

No, that was not mentioned to me by you or the person who showed me the letter.

• Locked thread