Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

I said come in! posted:

How long until we get a J4G in here?

Before the weekend is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

ullerrm posted:

If we can ban Jokine for negreps, surely we can ban everyone who plusrepped that picture.

BRB registering Loliswarm [POMF] and applying to GSF, mittani please to be accepting application

I'm expecting a corp bio along the lines of your masterpiece Catalyst fanfic, but with more me wanting to kill myself.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

So I take it the move op is going well?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I was trying to think of what could even possibly reliably kill un-catchable interceptors, and all I could come up with is pipe-bombing style masses of smartbombing battleships parked on the gates so when they try to exit they get torn to shreds. I'd love to Rohk out with my cock out.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Kalenn Istarion posted:

The real secret to making good, tender ribs is that you get fresh ones from the butcher, then boil them to tenderize the otherwise relatively tough meat before they go anywhere near a barbeque.

This statement makes me irrationally angry. I weep for all of you poor Euro bastards that have no clue what actual, good, honest to god BBQ is. It should really only involve a few very basic things. Meat, real hardwood smoke, and lots of time. A light handed approach to seasonings/rubs is acceptable, so long as their flavor profiles are complimentary to whatever meat it is you are BBQing. Sauces are a very regional thing, and can be wonderful if done right, but those are best left to people that know what they are doing.

This is a brisket I made this weekend. It was literally only a beef brisket, a ever so light slathering of hot sauce to help the rub stick, and the rub, which is just sea salt and coarsely ground Telicherry black peppercorns. Smoked over oak and mesquite wood.

Huge_Midget fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 11, 2015

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

If you think this

is better than this

then I weep for you and your terrible opinions, and likely life choices.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Holyshoot posted:

BBQ for breakfast :barf:

You've obviously not tasted the glory that is smoked brisket and potato hash.

Or you hate smoked sausage with your eggs.

Or used leftover pulled pork in eggs benedict.

:getin:

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Xolve posted:

...or just make Heavy Interdictors immune to nullifiers- instantly that whole class of ships is useful again (outside of tackling supers).

I've been saying that since Fozzieceptors were inflicted upon us. Give hictors a script that makes their bubble kill interdiction nullification so those loving things actually have to engage. Better yet, also make the hictor bubble decloak poo poo.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Goon. Goon never changes.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

So PLEX and gametime are on sale on Amazon, and I happened to also notice that Aurum is also on sale, for 91% off. Think it is worth it to buy some cheap, or is this CCP admitting that they are charging way too drat much for skins?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

ullerrm posted:

Unrelated: With Burn Amarr canceled, would anyone be interested in doing some Jackdaw gangs? Basically, fat Cawkfleet with more tank, more DPS.

I'm down, got a fit that you like you'd want to share?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

"130 new posts in the EVE thread in a few hours, what the hell happened?"

:frog::goon::holymoley::killdozer:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Luigi Thirty posted:

Suas has been gone over a year and BOS went to rudderless poo poo without him.

Did he permanently win EVE via cocaine overdose or other intoxicant methods?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Hey :ullerrm: a few pages ago I asked about your ideas for fitting a Jackdaw for the modified Cawkfleet roams you were talking about, did you ever post a fit because if you did it was buried in 20 pages of :spergin:

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I feel like this entire thread has turned in The Room and the waiting for Sov changes is Lisa and we're all Johnny. YOU'RE TEARING ME APART!

Oh hai thread.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Rhymenoserous posted:

Merge topgoon and space violence and put ullerrm in charge against his will.

Unironically this.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46aRYr0IZi0

Goddamn drifters are stealing our thunder and our killmails!

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Uziduke posted:

Maybe the drifters have tech to stop the clone transfer.

You know the drifters probably shunted her clone transfer into one of their own bodies. Totally going to get a Locutus of Amarr thing going.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't know why :ccp: just hasn't gone the route of treating your pod as a type of ship, and the implants would be modules for the pod. It presents the neat solution of being able to now have implants that are still destructible upon death, but tidies up the whole medical vs jump clone debate. Have high grade snakes installed in pod (x) in YA0, have a pod of learning implants installed in pod (y) in Jita, have cheap combat focused implants in pod (z) wherever you the current warzone is. That way if you die in a pod with implants those implants go poof, but if you are in a pod with no implants nothing is destroyed. Now you have an actual (plausible) explanation of why implants get destroyed. Bonus points if :ccp: could then actually make implants a potential loot item.

Also since I'm rambling I might as well also chime in on interdiction nullification. I also favor the mechanic that hics get a special bubble script that makes their bubble cancel any and all forms of nullification. That leaves the slightest risk that a gate camp might actually catch people that have previously traveled with impunity. Bonus, it actually makes hics useful again outside of capital fights.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Wtf did I just read on the past two pages?!? Are we at war?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I feel like we are caught in some kind of recursive loop of meta gaming. I can only imagine how confused the average redditor is.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Glory of Arioch posted:

we have forsaken our obligation as curator of eve online

with great space power comes great space responsibility

I'd say we're overdue to hatefuck some shitlords then.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

So what's the over/under before the reddit circlejerk crew's posting gains sentience and turns on them? I imagine it will look like this.

Huge_Midget fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Dec 2, 2015

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

loving :lol: if anyone ever thinks Star Shitizen will ever be out of alpha/beta, let alone ship. The only thing Chris Roberts is shipping is 50 million dollars worth of cocaine to whatever non-extraditing county he inevitably fucks off to next year.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Wulfling posted:

It's all about the movie. You can see him get visibly angry at people asking questions about the game when he wants to be talking about all the mocap he's done.

He's gotta get his wife's movie career off the ground if he ever hopes to get laid again. Also I think he misses Freddie Prinze Jr's musk.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

What I don't get is when the hell it became acceptable/standard practice in the gaming industry to basically have people pay for the privilege to be a beta tester? I guess I'm just an old gently caress but paying a company for early access to the beta which then guarantees you the actual game by an actual launch date is one thing, but paying stupid amounts of money for something that has no firm release date just seems like the epitome of loving dumb. Is it really just a case of gaming nerds are the loving worst people ever?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Dalael posted:

While we're on that subject, when did it become acceptable for gaming companies to make virtual items that cost as much as a AAA title? I'm sure the two are related.

I think that's called the EA effect.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

MOBAs are poo poo tier games for poo poo tier players, hth.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Well the last dozen pages of this thread have proved a few things.

1.) Goons are terrible
2.) See number 1

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

So how do people feel about Project Discovery so far? I think it's not a terrible minigame to play while you are Ishtar ratting. One question I have though is where can you find how many Analysis Kredits you have accumulated?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Hobold posted:

Whats this bullshit that :ccp: wants to remove auto drone aggro across the board? The gently caress man.

Well if you really want to see what happens when you piss off everyone in Deklein I guess this is the way to do it.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Glory of Arioch posted:

meanwhile on sisi

hel-p im going too fast

What dark sorcery is this?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Jesus god I hope those shitlers can get their act together for once and actually give us a good old fashioned war. When was the last time anyone seriously tried to assault fortress Deklein? I want to see the Theta ratting fleet war machine deployed for homeland defense.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

darth cookie posted:

Historically speaking, they get bored before we do. We have some truly broken people who actually enjoyed siegefleet, remember?

Hollow Talk posted:

How many of those people still log in?

darth cookie posted:

All of them.

We have weapons grade autists on our side. God forbid Mittens ever sounds the Horn of Goondor, we'll be rolling multiple cap fleets 24/7.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

rocket_Magnet posted:

At this stage I think the imperium gets more excited at even a whiff of an invasion than the invaders do.

gently caress yes we do. I have 5 billion isk worth of ships in YA0 that I'd love to insurance fraud use for homeland defense.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Convince me not to blow my entire amount of liquid assets (all 3.2 billion of them) on skill injectors to knock out JDC 5. 36 days of training for one skill makes me want to kill myself.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

This one is for the EFT warriors out there :ullerrm:

With all the bullshit roaming Dek these days (mainly Svipuls, intys, and the occasional T3/blops), what is a good ship/fitting to deal with these shitlers, assuming you don't get dogpiled? Seems guys like CowWarrior and other heroes of Deklein are using Ashimmus and Vigilants, both of which I have in my hanger. I'd like to be able to chase the rabble out of JU- and get some tears in local too.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

So have we lost the war yet? According to Reddit we've had our poo poo pushed in and we're bleeding corporations faster than we can RMT their assets, and Mittens has sold us all out to fund his next boating excursion. I just want to know ahead of time so I can firesale all my assets at the appropriate time.

Also they really have short memories when it comes to fighting us, don't they? We haven't even sacrificed a Titan yet to the whelp gods to kick off this war yet, so it's still just a skirmish by goon standards. Once a Titan or two dies, shitposting reaches critical mass, and Mittens gives a state of the goonion, then it's officially a war.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Between meetings all day and taking care of my 6 month old once I got home, I haven't checked the Eve thread in like 24 hours.

300 new posts?!?

:captainpop:

Wtf happened?

Apparently our "valued allies" happened.

Has the Horn been sounded yet? Let's turn this into a good old fashioned grudge gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Dalael posted:

Read Elysium on Jabber. Mittens said his SOTG tomorrow (or whenever he does it) is some Horn of Goondor level poo poo.

Oh god please please please sound the Horn. Let's get our warboner on.

• Locked thread