Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Numismancer posted:

We got koahi in the divorce so w/e

Why would you do this to us? Do you even read his posts in Sigmasquad jabber?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

crew posted:

If The Mittani is Stalin in space then I would say Endie is Lenin or Trotsky.

That might be all well and true, but I'm Lenin and have photographic proof.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Dalael posted:

I must be hanging out in the wrong channels because the few I'm in are all devoid any discussion, meaningful or not.
Which reminds me, if there a way to fix my jabber so I stop seeing all the connection/disconnection?

There is only one true channel and that is sigmasquad.

As for your question, it's in plugins, look for one named Join/Part hiding.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Zephyrine posted:

I decided to go through the SA archives in order to recover some old threads for historical reasons. This is what I managed to recover. I certainly missed a few threads but I did catch as many as I could. I excluded a few 2-3 post "Does anyone play Eve?" threads.

If you want to search for specific posts in a thread then go into the url and replace the zero in "userid=0" with the persons user id
(2006) GoonSwarm Recruiting! Galactic Dominion, Goon-Style in EVE Online.

I endorse this product and or service.

Found my first post, from the day before I joined Goonfleet and Gamma squad, and it is as terrible as I expected: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2021252&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=25#post314297208

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Maybe he's an internet archaeologist and wants to dig up more long-forgotten things, like you being a j4g.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Schlampa posted:

Eve Online 2010-2016: a jabber game where Goons are assholes to each other

Let's at least try to be accurate here.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

xutech posted:

What made you think they were fake emails? When I read the letter it seemed like her idiot father honestly thought they were star-crossed lovers.

Hypothetical here, you have a teenage daughter that probably spends a bit too much time online, but like most parents you are probably not entirely aware of what she does on her computer. Then you find out she has an adult male internet boyfriend.

What would your reaction be?

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 25, 2016

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Honestly, at this point I'm thinking about resubbing just to vote for Xenuria.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Uziduke posted:

Theta Squad, only squad.

Sigma Squad, best squad. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Uziduke posted:

Ugh, if it wasn't for Theta, I am not sure if I would still be playing EVE.

Sorting Hat was actually disturbingly good at its job back in the day. Jews went to delta. Weeaboos went to rho. Stoners went to gamma and sigma. Shitlords went to theta. Bad posters went to epsilon. Leftovers went to pi. Sure we can say it was completely random, but squad diversification was a direct result of sorting hat putting people in the right place for them.

• Locked thread