Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005
SV was the only thing that kept me entertained for a while in this lovely game. Other eurotime content was pretty thin on the ground for a long time unless you were EG I suppose. Sad to hear the group has been headshotted along with BOS. End of an era for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Mythicmyth posted:

It would fix BNI but put an end to the biggest democratic experiment in the game which would mean less popcorn for the rest of us.

Don't think it'd fix them. Help sure, but when you've got the guy at the top consistently making terrible calls he's as much a problem as space democracy. First it was splitting deployments while Catch was burning and now repeating history it's deploying BNI to the test server while Fountain is burning. For a competition only he seems to care about. Fascinating to watch the drama though.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
So I heard mittens wanted 150K to make a book about spreadsheets. Can I get a jpeg of a book while I wait for the perfect book which will make literature obsolete?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

ChickenWing posted:

After reading r/eve for a bit...

MAN is dertydan ever goddamn salty

It's kind of sad how the eve community rises up to tell some writer dude to gently caress off because of space grudges. Not backing the project sure, but being rude to the dude who is doing something for your lovely community is lame. Eve players like to pat themselves on the back about how great the community is but that was some toxic poo poo.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I used to like vadj and spoke with him on TS a lot. Didn't hear any racisms, was never in the inner direkkktorate sanctums though.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

CainFortea posted:

He isn't doing it for the community. He's doing it for a 100k paycheck for like, 2 or 3 months of work.

Yeah he's doing it for a paycheck. But still the lovely dead gaem could still benefit a lot if people got over their reflexive grr goons.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

LemonDrizzle posted:

Elite: Dangerous did a kickstarter and is an actual game that exists and can be played.

Weird how ED looked like the low effort "me too" kickstarter until the fleshed out the pitch a bit.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
So I hear the last good poster in the cfc has stepped down and r/eve is in a tizzy. What is it with space games and drama anyway? Even space not-games generate mountains of it :yarg:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Oh man more drama. First Space Violence now Endie and some furry? What's going to be next on the chopping block of people/things that made CFC actually fun?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

the fact that someone used the word 'metrics' to talk about a video game guild made me literally lol

anyway If there is one space guild that should use imperial it's goonswarm

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

vyst posted:

The most annoying thing in this thread is you cocksuckers that think it's cool and edgy to fuckin triple and quad post in a row. Seriously collect your goddamn thoughts you mentally ill fucks

putting that much effort into your posting is mentally ill

also whats with calling everything mentally ill these days? in the new improved sjw goonfleet you can mad shame all day but you can't say rape train? that's some bullshit imo

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

vyst posted:

I'd gently caress a koala just to say I did

apparently they all have chlamydia so be sure to use a rubber

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

crew posted:

I wonder what this dream could be that Vince has

to have not sunk 10 years of his life into a dead gay game

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

Goons being super goony

Are you sure it's not "alien and ungoony"?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
You'd have to be mentally ill to think joining PL was a bad move. Where else would BAT get to use their many supers to gank goonies?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Otacon posted:

Looks like zkillboard is about to make EVE players even more risk averse by listing deaths by NPCs

Man I'm glad this wasn't around when I was playing. So many shameful deaths :negative:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

Darwinism aren't happy about losing caps to Horde.

Naming yourself after Darwin is just begging the eve irony gods to intervene. Sir Molle of BoB fame lost two loving titans in a week, one called Darwin and the next called Darwin's Revenge. Then all BoBs avatar pilots mysteriously had RL issues then BoB declared victory and hosed off home from their much heralded MAX campaign.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
So how does that cancer minigame rank on isk/hr?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Mechadestroyer posted:

The rewards are changed depending on how accurate you are, but at 50% accuracy rating you receive about 50k isk and 250 lp. Isk per hour wise it will probably in between level 2 and 3 security missions assuming a high accuracy. But I think the main draw here is that you can do it while sitting in station, you don't have to train anything and you're helping people.

Better than ship spinning. If they let you do it from any station that would be a cool thing to do waiting for form ups

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

ullerrm posted:

Sadly, posting in r/eve doesn't pay too well -- you'd need a second job.

Wanking bulls is more a hobby

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Viva Miriya posted:

he's not wrong though

He's not wrong but he was a bad ceo. Had a gimmick hateboner for euros but the gimmick somehow became real and euro tz got poo poo all to do and withered. Chased out corps that had stuck with us through incredibly bad times for no good reason. Gave ceo to kartoon. Didn't fire deadtear.

Darius has this huge rear end in a top hat persona but sometimes i think he forgot it was a persona. Goons have it better until mittani by far even if it's corporate and boring.

The Bob play was stuff of eve legends but the rest of his ceoship stank.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Denis posted:

I keep hearing this complaint about reddit bad posts disappearing. There is a setting you have that "auto-hides" posts with "x" number of downvotes, at least go into account settings and check what's there.
I'm not saying reddit is good or bad or r/eve also, but complaining about non existent problems is kinda stupid .

That works if you just want to bask in the majesty of your own posts. But if you want a discussion there are a couple of problems
Only mega spergs do that
It'll still get shoved at the bottom
Reddit is just a bad format

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Also if EO are going to paint themselves as the chill bros in this drama, explain why you keep bobfrommarketing around please? Does he make good space wool?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

YouTuber posted:

Berious why are you so mad guy? It's Sunday you should be more chilled out on Sundays.

Just asking questions

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

YouTuber posted:

Also which bobfrommarketing are you talking about? Regular or underscore Bob. We have two, you need to be specific.

I know there are two and they are both in PL just to be awkward, not gonna say which one because i don't want to slander an innocent guy. Shits confusing. I was hoping he'd given the character away or something

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Xolve posted:

So- for clarification.

The greater Goonperium publicly hates BFM who's totally a pedo on the sole grounds of a post from a girl on the internet (and have gone at lengths to exclude him from other in-game orgs), yet the Imperium is endorsing Xenuria for CSM, who may or may not have tried to get a 12 year old boy naked on webcam and is well beyond heinously creepy for a lengthy list of other poo poo?

Unless of course this is some hilariously awful way of trolling CCP IRL and pointing out how worthless the CSM is at anything except helping sustain large space coalitions through the horrible ebb and flow of 'change'.

BFM admitted it for all to see on the goonfleet forums. Even made up an email supposedly from the dad who was meant to be cool with it. Please don't defend child sex grooming because the dude makes good space wool

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

YouTuber posted:

Well if she was 15 he wouldn't be a pedophile he would be a hebephile which is entirely different.

*nods sagely*

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

do you guys remember when BFM had the ship in game named Icelandic Teenager

I bet he used it for ramming

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

like im god drat trying to play squad and people are telling me how hard eve goons are owning themselves while im on steam and like

how do I turn down people self owning

but I want to play squad

so if you could wrap up your self-own quicker than normal

thatd be good

What is this steam group i like drama and goons

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

i just looked at that xenuria guy's twitter

all I know is that he makes naked Fallout 4 models that look pregnant and he seems really concerned with nipples

good choice eve online people

:cheers:

He is super groady. The rabbit hole never ends with that guy. I think goons should not vote for him in their space election even if it will troll ccp. They should write in bernie sanders

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

CashEnsign posted:

Goons posting BFM pedophilia stories in this here thread again. Crops up every 3 weeks or so. Boy how the days go by.

Couple more days and we should get some good Suas' titan posts, then possibly some Remdick,jpg if we get an especially good season.

Yessir I love me some Remdick.jpg, really good postin' thar.

Remedial was the best ceo

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

crew posted:

Just pointing out that people are tried, convicted and sentenced in the court of public opinion for imagined greasiness that no one seems to have any evidence of (sion), while people with actual documented greasiness are tolerated, even celebrated elsewhere by the chillbros of ISRAD and the larger PanFam/ EVE community in general.

Dude also kept a violin on a chair for display purposes. He didn't play. Deadtear's greatest trump after losing a titan to SMASH was booting that fool.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Ok hello I was the one that got bfm nuked from goonfleet and then years later here: Bob from marketing never touched the girl. what he did instead was groom (literally groom, look it up if you don't know the gross connotations) a mentally unwell 14 year old. When confronted he faked emails from her parents saying "yeah lol we love you you'd be awesome at being our son in law!!". He bragged constantly about his anime convention conquests and his viola chair. Anyone not retarded when talking to him came away feeling kinda greasy from the presence.
ps he convinced the crazy icetroll child to hold up signs saying "property of bfm" while obviously naked (but covered)

This is the real bfm story, he's not a legal pedophile because as far as I'm aware he never touched a child despite efforts, but it's a lot easier to say "oh yeah he's apedophile" than it is to loving explain the actual horrorshow he really is every time he comes up.

The viola chair is the most damning thing imo, thats the interior decorating of a complete rear end in a top hat. Thanks for the writeup goonsire

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Archenteron posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/685244467213897728

A concise summation of the past two months or so of posting ITT.

Stay strong, Eonwe.

I'm a good boy poster

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Shitposts, piled high

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

scandoslav posted:

don't forget never-been hangers-on

Hi

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

Goons are just pubbies who paid $10

I think you'll find that 10 dollars makes us brothers

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Man I'm getting a hankering to ruin some pubbies online experiences. Does miniluv still exist? Can people without a million bumper, scout, DPS accounts contribute to ruining days?

Berious fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 1, 2016

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

DisgracelandUSA posted:

We kill 1.1t in a month, and people still wonder if we exist :smith: WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO FOR YOU TO NOTICE US, DAD?

Yes, we're still a thing. You can bring a single character and still participate and be useful. Some of our best members only play 1-2 characters. Read the recruitment thread, go get a solo kill and post it up before applying on GSOAR.

I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna ruin a pubbies day.

Is blaster catalyst still enough to ruin a highsec miner? I haven't played for ages. Could probably fly bigger but I'm concerned about saving the environment and efficient ruination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Khablam posted:

You could have this stupid non-argument, or you could watch Boat doing Kerbal's again.

He's down one ship, and one Kerbal already.

I can't think of anything more annoying that watching Boat try to Kerbal. That would set my autism right off.

• Locked thread