Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Oh, man. I remember playing through the Well of Wishes for the first time as a kid. Gently gliding through the water and OH gently caress GIANT SCARY FISH SWALLOWED ME WHOLE! :gonk:

Swim swim hungry :neckbeard:

edit
I really like the description for the inchworm. It's fits very well.

Poil fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The five straight minutes of "YAAAYY DOPEFISH :neckbeard:" was adorable :D

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
http://www.dopefish.com/

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

oh, hello Dopefish :D :gonk:

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
In case the video wasn't 100% clear, Dopefish is king of my heart.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The dopefish swims in all our hearts.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Since there's so many of them, it's pretty hard to actually explore the level completely and, as you saw, makes some areas just impossible to get out of. So I don't have a high opinion of the level and I'm glad Keen never swims again.

Also, hope my commentary doesn't come across as too :rolleyes: in comparison to Deeds' incoherent mess. But it was 3, getting on 4 in the morning, so I was just nodding, in both ways. :v:

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Crosspeice posted:

Also, hope my commentary doesn't come across as too :rolleyes: in comparison to Deeds' incoherent mess. But it was 3, getting on 4 in the morning, so I was just nodding, in both ways. :v:

I actually dug your sleepy annoyance as a foil to Deeds' sleepy drunkenness.

Glad to see this game LPed, I was always too dumb to beat it as a little kid.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Dopefish also shows up in SiN Episodes (all one of them).

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dopefish!!

Poil posted:

Oh, man. I remember playing through the Well of Wishes for the first time as a kid. Gently gliding through the water and OH gently caress GIANT SCARY FISH SWALLOWED ME WHOLE! :gonk:

also this

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hey, did you know? You press ctrl to move faster in the water.

I found that out only a few years ago.

So beat this level as a child in the slowest possible speed.

On Hard.

I'm broken.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Any LPer which makes fun of ChibiSoma (even while drunk) is a good LPer.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

:frogsiren: MY GIRLFRIEND WARNING :frogsiren:

Part 6: im not mad

And there we go. I like Keen 4 a lot, it's a huge improvement over the previous games and is a really, really good game. However, it's not all perfect, some levels are great, others are bad, so it's a mixed bag, overall. And it does pale in comparison to the next game.

TO BE CONTINUED

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 22, 2015

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
Wow, I know measuring can be hard. 12 inches in a foot. 3 barley grains in an inch. 3 feet in a yard. 628 Coppers in a Scotland yard. Feet in a garden? Depends on how many people are standing there.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

kalonZombie posted:

If you don't show off Keen mooning the player I'm voting this thread 1.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I never found the way to the secret pyramid when I was a child. Probably because that pun doesn't make any sense in my language.

Good job on this LP. It brought up a lot of memories of one of my earliest games I have ever played.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
Fun fact, I've had no memory of anything I said in any of this last run of videos until they've come out, aside from freaking out over dopefish.

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.
Enjoying the LP, really enjoy your conversations, looking forward to Bubsy 3D. Thanks for promising to do that while drunk, Dirty Deeds Done!

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI

Torokasi posted:

Enjoying the LP, really enjoy your conversations, looking forward to Bubsy 3D. Thanks for promising to do that while drunk, Dirty Deeds Done!

You'll never make it stick.

XavierStudios
Feb 26, 2011

I am physics and so can you!

Unless I'm incredibly mistaken, it's avatar sized. Dopefish it up.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh hey, remember that my piece of poo poo laptop needs an external fan to make sure it doesn't overheat? Well that's broken and the new one isn't arriving until Friday most likely, so I cannot do anything LP related until then, not even a 15 minute recording session over Skype, let alone exporting a finished product.

So enjoy this week or so break and praise Dopefish.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
LP curse has struck, the rituals are being performed.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

clearly this is an omen, Dopefish is displeased

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Part 1: Cruisin' For a Bruisin'

This gonna be goooooood.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 28, 2015

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Man, I hate jumping through timed beams. It's part of the reason why I never beat another game in this series. :(

They have a lot of food/candy for a spaceship that's only filled with robots. Or are those purple polehuggers organic?

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 28, 2015

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Again, this isn't all of them until we actually encounter the remaining enemies. There's still quite a number of them left!

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Poil posted:

They have a lot of food/candy for a spaceship that's only filled with robots. Or are those purple polehuggers organic?

They're computers. Their screen says "OW" after they get stunned.

The help text doesn't make this clear, and I don't think Crosspeice has shown it off yet, but as I recall they're harmless when running around on the ground, but will kill you once they are moving up and down poles.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Xenoveritas posted:

They're computers. Their screen says "OW" after they get stunned.

:aaaaa:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Part 2: Amorphous White Blobs

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I can't keep the levels apart, they are so alike. At least Keen 6 is a lot better about that.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

There is a secret Level in 5! You get to it from one of the other levels. I thought it was the alternate exit in the first one, but I guess I was wrong.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

And as a side note, there was one SGA that I missed in Keen 3.

Try and guess what it says.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Most gnarly and tubular, the Volte-Faces are crazy -and- insane!

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008
As a kid I played Keen 4 but not 5. I always assumed that the Shikadi would look like giant ambulatory pieces of toast. Kind of disappointed now.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Telegnostic posted:

As a kid I played Keen 4 but not 5. I always assumed that the Shikadi would look like giant ambulatory pieces of toast. Kind of disappointed now.

Giant ambulatory.. Wuuh? :stare:

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008

THE BAR posted:

Giant ambulatory.. Wuuh? :stare:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It all makes sense now.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Well I'll be..

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI

Not an emptyquote.

• Locked thread