Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
When did they add quick exploit? I just noticed it, and it is the best thing ever for wharf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Niton posted:

If you're going to be putting up an Exploit before reset, put up a 12-hour. We only lost to PHREAKISH by about 1500 points Wednesday, we can totally get the 1st place for Saturday.

In other news, I need another single target DPS - my two main ones are Pyrona and Night Sentinel. Any suggestions?

Amazon, Soul Slinger and Berserker Claw are all easy to get and fit the bill. The latter is a must have, in my opinion.

Boozie posted:

What are people eyeing from this weekends outlet?

I really want Astral Hunter and Summoner shards. I have a Summoner somewhat developed and am unwilling to cut my losses.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Niton posted:

In other news, I need another single target DPS - my two main ones are Pyrona and Night Sentinel. Any suggestions?

I'm not an expert, but the more I use Soul Slinger, the more I like him. He has usurped Pyrona as my #1 single target dps. He hits hard enough to often one shot squishy targets, and keeping the tankier ones from being healed or generating rage is invaluable for getting through the front line.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"

revtoiletduck posted:

I'm not an expert, but the more I use Soul Slinger, the more I like him. He has usurped Pyrona as my #1 single target dps. He hits hard enough to often one shot squishy targets, and keeping the tankier ones from being healed or generating rage is invaluable for getting through the front line.

The thing soul slinger and pyrona have that I really like is how much rage they get especially in angel trial. It's always full and once you get them the heart earring it's never not full. It's what's keeping grimbow off my 1st string despite his amazing damage

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I think I'm gonna 6* flora before athena. her B active seems like it will be perfect for breaking annoying tower teams by combining it with grimbow and another AOE that hits the back row

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Is Athena the best angel to focus on when you hit 70?

Yudo
May 15, 2003

revtoiletduck posted:

Is Athena the best angel to focus on when you hit 70?

All around yeah, she is pretty much the best of them.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
She's the ultimate healer Angel, and also performs the best on Auto-Battle - unlike a lot of DPS and Control angels, you're happy when she uses either ability, because they add similar amounts of damage.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Wharf is up, get exploiting!!

Edit: Looks like we will not have any issues this round getting #1

Edit 2: It seems that the daily check in bonus has a super hard on for Pyrona shards, that's the only shards it seems to give and oodles of them

Coolspaz fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 4, 2015

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

picked up mysterious count today from the celestial store, seems like an interesting hero but he starts at 2* and as far as I know the store is the only way to get pieces for him at the moment, so that's annoying

How exactly does the celestial store work. Do certain hero shards only allow purchase of certain other shards? I've been stocking up on eldar dwarf shards hoping to buy the mysterious count, but I only see light envoy and other heroes I already have.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Boozie posted:

How exactly does the celestial store work. Do certain hero shards only allow purchase of certain other shards? I've been stocking up on eldar dwarf shards hoping to buy the mysterious count, but I only see light envoy and other heroes I already have.

Light envoy is always there and the other two heroes are randomly generated

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Ok thanks. Assuming light envoy isn't worth it.

Kempy
Dec 15, 2009

I think you can send her off, blitz another mission, and she will return with different offers for you.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Did the angel trial today, lost my elder dwarf after biting off more than I could chew and holy gently caress is it 300 timer harder with out my god tank taking all the hits

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
So, theory question:

I'm at a point where I can reliably 3* some of the Rank 5 Hero Trials (usually the ones with less than full formations), and i'm wondering if I should be prioritizing them over the rank 2-3 trials that drop gear I have a more immediate need for. Rank 5 vs Rank 2-3 is a lot more XP/Coupons, and the R5 are way harder to get otherwise, but I won't need them for a month or two. What have you guys been doing?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I have been running the rank 2s pretty much nonstop since the late 70s because the swords, helmets, and dragon eyes are required for EVERYTHING. gear is everything when you're trying to maintain 3 teams, it's the real bottleneck eventually. it's pretty easy to keep all your heroes leveled up at that point, so use spare guild/raid/arena points for gear. You still need to raid for soul stones, though, so try to keep 270-540 tickets for tuesday, to raid for stuff you've yet to 5*.

padijun fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 7, 2015

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
What is resilience for? is it to reduce the chance of a crit on ya?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Any particular good deal on this outlet? I'm thinking nereida pieces or books of undead since I seem to need tons of them and they don't come from hero trials, but I don't really know if there's anything better

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
eyes for 665

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Get wharfing!!

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
I'm really hating angel trial these days. Today would be the first day I haven't beat the tower in over two months though its my fault in the end. I got stopped at the 44th floor because on the 42nd floor the 3 star opponent was a whale with a maxed out back line of Hellhound, Minotaur, and Headless Horseman. I managed to beat him but it cost me 5 of my best heroes to barely scrape through because you can still 3 star a floor if your first team dies but your second team beats it with no casualties. Then I got to the 44th floor and there was the whale again. His BR is 128036. The 2 star oppenent was an AI one of 72000. So I figured oh well I'm gonna do the 2 star one...then I accidentally clicked the 3 star whale. My bad.

So this brings me to why I really hate angel trial. To be in the number one spot you have to be at the highest level which currently there is one rank 83 so as long as he three stars every floor he will be first. As for 2nd place and beyond at the moment to rank as high as possible you have to beat all 50 floors at 3 stars which makes everyone at level 82 tie as far as score goes. The first tie breaker comes in the form of how many angel stars you have collected which means taking no buffs at all on the way to the top. And the final tie breaker comes with who does it first.

So when everyone starts getting to rank 85 whoever wakes up at 5 am and gets there first wins, look forward to it. Now I know this is a long way off for a lot of people but I thought I should just pass it along. I just hit rank 82 today and its 32000 exp to 83 so its taking longer and longer. Also whenever the rank cap gets bumped up to 90 I'm sure that will take forever.

Anyway long story short from all of this I play this game too much.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Angel trial is really loving boring and I just don't do it anymore

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
I think the best Angel Trial goal, unless you're Omega Whale status, is to just hit 20k (for the Score days) and not care otherwise. The rewards drop off pretty quickly if you're not in the top 20, and none of them really compare to getting to the 50F chest with as little fuss as possible. If you do the 3* fights up to wave 32, and the 1* fights the rest of the way, that's enough to get you around 22k in the high 70s.

Semi-relatedly, I think it's actually correct to do the Rank 5 hero trials on the days where you can. As nice as low rank stuff is, it's so much easier to get them on Mondays through 2x Drops, and a Coupon is directly worth 1.2-2.4 stamina. Add in the extra cost of grinding high-rank stuff, and the extra EXP from potions, and it feels like 3*ing the Rank 5s wins out.

Also relatedly, Astral Hunter is insane for Treasure Hunt and you should all level one.

e:

I just spent 400 stamina getting 8/50 pieces of a Chop Dragon scroll. I then spent 400 stamina on Titan Sabers.. and got 24. Even if one of those is particularly bad RNG, it's really obvious how much easier it is to get low-stam gear on double drop days. Definitely sticking with Orange Hero Trials on the days I can 3* them.

Niton fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 10, 2015

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
Yeah I agree on the angel trials but I am able to get top 20 if I don't screw up like I did today. Managed to snag #10 yesterday.

Anyway something helpful since I don't believe its been posted before but here are a couple codes for redemption that anyone can use. Got them off of the official forums. Also you can get a single use code for creating an account and validating your email and then another code for linking a facebook account. Each of these codes is 350 gems plus a bit of gold and potions.

1. 300000LIKES
2. 100SERVERS

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Being at level 75 blows because I'm 1 level away from getting P+3 and 2 levels from P+4, so all the poo poo I get in the angel trial is now impossible to do aside from the chump easy groups

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
I think it might be time to give Chapter 8 another try. I woke up today and Chapter 7 was already completed.

(Also, I know I can solo a blue-quality Wave 7 group by myself, which is about 2x what I could do when we started.)

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
What's the best comp for treasure trial, I just send in my arena/quest team but only pull off around 600K damage a go

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Treasure's about using powerful AoE units with as little healing/tankiness as possible, with a special nod to Night Sentinel for doing completely unreasonable amounts of damage.

The team I use is:

Snow Queen |
Astral Hunter | (Astral Child / Elder Dwarf)
Night Sentinel | (Astral Child / Elder Dwarf / Green Ranger)

Sometimes i'll use 4 DPS and Djinni, but that's my main setup. I should really get around to levelling Grimbow.

That gets ~750-800k on purple, and ~1.2m on the green training dummies.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
I borrowed someone's night sentinel for a gold trial today, and after seeing crit for 65K I think I'm gonna go after him once djinni is 4 star

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Coolspaz posted:

I borrowed someone's night sentinel for a gold trial today, and after seeing crit for 65K I think I'm gonna go after him once djinni is 4 star

my huge regret is I basically waited til I had zwei 3*, djinni 4*, and grimbow 5* before I even started working on night sentinel. for new people, If I had to do the arena heroes all over, it would go something like:

djinni 2*
grimbow 2*
NS 3*
GB 3*
djinni 3*
GB 4*
NS 4*
GB or NS 5*
other one to 5*
djinni to 4*

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

padijun posted:

my huge regret is I basically waited til I had zwei 3*, djinni 4*, and grimbow 5* before I even started working on night sentinel. for new people, If I had to do the arena heroes all over, it would go something like:

djinni 2*
grimbow 2*
NS 3*
GB 3*
djinni 3*
GB 4*
NS 4*
GB or NS 5*
other one to 5*
djinni to 4*

I already have Lunar P so I think I'm going to skip Djinni at least until NS and GB are 5*.

I was thinking about making an AA team that just tanks and tries to stall for 2 min to win by default (on defense only). What do you guys think/who should I put in it? Right now I have mermaid/priestess NK and RK. I have ED in my #1 team, but I could bring him over if I need to. I was debating leveling up either an Astral Child or Guardian for the last spot. If I put the team in a hidden spot I think it could work out against a lot of people that might normally beat me. I could also swap off GB who is almost 4* and get Djinni in there pretty quickly.

[e] Meant to ask, do people lvl 75+ plunder potions or equipment?

Boozie fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 14, 2015

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
I have gone up against a couple purely defensive teams and they are a pain. I would say Astral Child over Guardian just because the shield alone can occasionally kill a unit if it is already low on health when the shield pops. Nether knight is a must for the team because unless you get lucky with stuns or silences he can be a pain to remove if he keeps getting his shield. He really requires specific removal and if someone is attacking your hidden team they might not have the units in place for. I would say leave your elder dwarf in your main team and just rose knight as the 2nd tank.

I plunder runes only. Potions are pretty much moot at this point. When I hit 82 I had 14 heroes at 81 and within three days all were capped out on XP. By the time I hit 83 I should have at least 2, maybe 3, more heroes up to 82. I farmed equipment briefly but really the only things holding me back at this point are orange items and then dragon eyes, helms and titan swords. The equipment chests give such a huge range of items I don't really need. Rune levels are the only way I can currently improve a lot of my heroes and are much harder to come by than anything else. I could farm equipment and use the extra pieces in place of runes but I haven't really bothered with that. I could try and see but who knows.

Also I would agree on the list for arena priority though if you manage to say pull lunar priestess I wouldn't bother with Djinni. My route for heroes was Zwei first(mistake), then I picked up Djinni, Grimbow, and then Night sentinel last. However I went NS to 5* first then Djinni to 3, and Grimbow to 5. I won't be bothering anymore with either Djinni or Zwei at the moment and am just holding on to my arena points currently.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Equipment is strictly better than Rune farming as far as rewards, if you can keep BR the same. They have an identical drop rate (~1/15), with the caveat of producing useful pieces occasionally. It's a bit obnoxious to feed so many more items, but there's a huge upside in terms of Stamina when you get low-tier purples or 10-stam scroll pieces like Chop Dragon, Storm Armor or Whale Bridle.

What i've been doing to help alleviate the Helm/Eye/Sword bottleneck, though, is to take Sundays off completely. I leave the rewards from Saturday's demon invasion in the mailbox, do 10 dungeons (Astral Hunter + filler), and use all three days' energy on farming the hell out of Normal dungeons. Even if it's slightly slower levelling, you get so much better value doing it that way.

e: The same goes for Hero Trial, really. Getting 24 extra coupons a day is fantastic for cheating the Double Elite drop day.

Niton fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 14, 2015

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
I hadn't really thought about the 50 piece purple pieces but yeah that does sound better. Oh well I will switch to it tomorrow.

So when you say you use all three days energy do you mean you just collect the dinner and lunch stamina for Saturday and Sunday and just sit above cap minus whatever you spend on the 10 runs?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
What I do is:

- Spend energy normally on Saturday.
- Near Saturday/Sunday Switch (since i'm up late), buy the 100 & 200 Gem stamina (470) & daily bonus (160) energy.
- On Sunday spend ~180 Energy on Astral Hunter shards for dailies, save the rest, and buy weeklies if I forgot to on Monday/Tuesday, then take any stamina I have out of the mailbox.
- On Monday, spend everything that I have, which is around 2500 energy without the VIP0/VIP3 energy purchases.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Now that I have elder dwarf and soul slinger to 5 star how good is the celestial store? Worth getting anyone?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
The Celestial Store offers the following things:

5 Pieces of Light Envoy - 25 Soulstones
5 Pieces of 2 random heroes, including (rarely) Mystery Divine Heroes) - 10 Soulstones
EXP Potions / Rune Crystal - Varies, depending on type
A piece of Purple or Orange Gear - Varies, often 48 (Standalone) or 226 (completed Orange)
Amethyst - 10 Soulstones

It's nice to occasionally get some of the pieces of gear, and it's a nice trickle of some hero pieces if you're lucky.

Light Envoy herself is probably also worth it, but a ridiculous amount of effort to 5*.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Has anyone else been getting connection issues again recently? I've barely been able to do anything for the last 2 days

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Yup. It's horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
New update supposed to be coming out sometime this month. Taken from the official forums.

***New:***
-French language added
-German language added
-Friend System: Add Friends, Friend Chat,...
-League Lvl 86-90 unlocked
-New Map Chapters
-Legendary Hero Quality: All Heroes can be leveled to Legendary(Orange) after Epic(Purple) +4

***Optimization/Modification:***
-Low level rune and potion can be forged into higher level one
-Normal Divination x 10 now turn over cards automatically
-View Blitz result by clicking screen again (Normal & Elite Map)
-Blitz unlock for lv70
-Players can select participants directly in Guild Feast, the remaining spots will be open to other Guild Members
-Lowers the loss of resource percentage in Island Raids
-Gold Trial: Add rewards when total damage reach 4.5MM, 6MM, 8MM, 10MM
-Emblem System now shows the total BR of all ten badges, and can be refreshed to show latest BR.
-Integrated Shop added, in which player can view items in all types of shops

***Bug Fix:***
-Fixed the issue where Prince Nobility's rage has no buff effect to Arena
-Fixed the issue where training provides no stat increase to Angels
-Improved notice for Monday break from Wharf

• Locked thread