Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
I can't login at all at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kempy
Dec 15, 2009

That shop that serves as a hub for all the other shops sounds like a sweet update. Because what? There's: Shop, Arena Store, Ancient Arena Store, Angel Store, Guild Store, Treasure Raid Store and Mystery Merchant / Celesta's store.

I always seem to forget to buy something in one of these places.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
I'm in looking at the stats right, I think heroes can get to 6 star now, but need some kind of orange soul stone

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
So reading up on it only certain heroes can get to 6 stars. They get released in batches of 4 and apparently the first 8 that were released in the Chinese version were rose knight, pyrona, nereida, nightblade, headless horseman, dragon queen, and I'm blanking on the other two. The orange soul stones or whatever they are come from the cross server arena which was allegedly released in version 3.0.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Managed to gently caress myself out of 2x Angel Trial day and the Guild boss because I forgot there was maintenance last night :krakentoot:

On the plus side, 10x Blitz is now free for level 70+!

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Looks like rules are up for cross-server arena, check them out!!

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
If you aren't already using her, Astral Child received an enormous, completely undocumented buff in the newest patch. Her blue ability, Strong Shield, now has a chance at the start of each turn to damage the entire enemy back row and reduce their attack. I'm not sure quite how much it does it by, yet, but it's a hefty amount.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Did everyone get Dark Paladin as part of the patch today or did I actually get lucky?

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Seeing how awesome the mysterious count is I think I should get one. Is he exclusively from the celestial shop?

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I'm assuming Flora is worth getting/levelling.

Also, which do you think is a more effecient buy, the swords for 665 or 5x lunar P for 700?

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
I'm trying out a gimmick 3rd team full of shielding heroes. Right now it's nether knight valk lumia astral child and arcane spirit for damage. Hoping to outlast the other team

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Shields are ridiculously powerful, and Valkyrie appears to be a huge sleeper. One of the counters to tank teams is to put two tank-busters in the same lane (one in the front), and her ult Attack Down makes that a lot harder.

Astral Child is the best of them, though, and she was good a tank as Elder Dwarf in her own way, even before the completely unwarranted buff. Now she's just absurd.

Niton fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 24, 2015

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
When plundering tomorrow make sure to hit Valhalla as much as possible, they were nipping at our heels on tuesday

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
I wish this game had a combat log, or at least a summary of which heroes did the most damage.

Murglor
Jul 9, 2007

Mean green fighting machine.
I'm level 41 and would like to join (in game name also Murglor).

Murglor
Jul 9, 2007

And would also appreciate some advice on where to focus, since I no longer have only 10 characters and it's becoming difficult to just keep everyone maxed out all the time.

I have:

Warriors
Rose Knight (B+1) 3*
Atalanta (B+1) 3*
Berserker Claw (B+1) 2*
Valkyrie (B+1) 1*
Nether Knight (B+1) 2*
Shadowraith (B) 1*

Mages
Pyrona (B+1) 3*
Mermaid (B+1) 2*
Djinni (B) 2*
Blue Witch (B+1) 2*
Byron the Black (G) 1*
Soul Slinger (G) 1*

Archers
Nightblade (B+1) 2*
Green Ranger (B+1) 2*
Grimbow (G) 1*

Angels
Vienna 2*
Nocturna 1*
Lunaria 2*
Athena 1*

I can also unlock Glacia, Loralei or Nyssa if I want to.

Should I upgrade Lunaria (or one of the other 60 angels) past 2*? I'm pretty much using Athena instead since she rocks, but upgrades will be a long time coming (and I was lucky to grab her at ~ level 38 from an Angel Trial run).

What should my primary party be? Is there a secondary party that I'll want to keep up-to-date for the time being?

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015

Murglor posted:

I'm level 41 and would like to join (in game name also Murglor).

Go ahead and apply now and we will get you in. I've turned off the auto accept so you won't instantly get rejected.

Murglor
Jul 9, 2007

Envgard posted:

Go ahead and apply now and we will get you in. I've turned off the auto accept so you won't instantly get rejected.

I've done so.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
My main party for most of the game was elder dwarf (get him ASAP) bezerker claw soul slinger djinn I and pyrona. They work pretty good. Also get working on night sentinel in the arena. He is a monster in single target DPS which seems to be king in this game. AOE only ever seems to build up rage for the other team unless you have all 5 using it all at once

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
applied to GoonSquad as Rubicon. Looks like it's full, though.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Murglor posted:

I can also unlock Glacia, Loralei or Nyssa if I want to.

Should I upgrade Lunaria (or one of the other 60 angels) past 2*? I'm pretty much using Athena instead since she rocks, but upgrades will be a long time coming (and I was lucky to grab her at ~ level 38 from an Angel Trial run).

What should my primary party be? Is there a secondary party that I'll want to keep up-to-date for the time being?

Athena is really good, probably one of the best angels, but you won't be able to get reliable upgrades for her so that's tough. Generally what people do is get Nyssa ASAP and level her until you hit 60. At that point, save all your points for Athena stones because you'll want to beef her up right away.

Regarding your heroes...

Warriors
Rose Knight (B+1) 3* - he's ok. Decent starter tank but elder dwarf and astral child are the popular two right now which are easy to obtain. hold on to him for a while.
Atalanta (B+1) 3* - not worth leveling, bad damage, can't take damage. She's decent early but replace ASAP.
Berserker Claw (B+1) 2* - very useful, his stun is great. I like putting him in the back row actually.
Valkyrie (B+1) 1* - Valk is a good tank, similar skillset to the dwarf. I'd probably level her over the Rose Knight.
Nether Knight (B+1) 2* - ok I guess, I don't use him much but he's kind of annoying in arena
Shadowraith (B) 1* - bad

Mages
Pyrona (B+1) 3* - Pyrona will be a staple for pretty much the entire game. Sheep and her nuke are critical.
Mermaid (B+1) 2* - an ok healer, I wouldn't level her
Djinni (B) 2* - decent starter healer, better than mermaid but really needs to be purple to get the full benefit of her skills. Lunar Priestess is the best healer you can get, and maybe Lumia after that for utility, but Djinni is one of the better ones
Blue Witch (B+1) 2* - worse version of Pyrona
Byron the Black (G) 1* - dunno
Soul Slinger (G) 1* - Gets rage fast, decent single target nuke, and denies rage to your opponents, but your guild money is better spent on the dwarf or astral child.

Archers
Nightblade (B+1) 2* - super annoying at high levels, not sure how she plays early
Green Ranger (B+1) 2* - not great, not terrible
Grimbow (G) 1* - I really like Grimbow, his single target nuke+burn effect is nice, and his active hitting the entire backrow is great too

Angels
Vienna 2* - crap
Nocturna 1* - crap
Lunaria 2* - crap
Athena 1* - good

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Green Ranger is actually really good - as you hit high levels, you can start sticking her in the front line for Trials and abuse Arrow Shadows for +50-75% damage.

I use her for Treasure Raid and i've seen her hit each front-row target for 100k with a single ult use.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015

Rubicon posted:

applied to GoonSquad as Rubicon. Looks like it's full, though.

Oops didn't see your post before I rejected you. Go ahead and apply again. I just booted a couple people at 4 days offline.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Some aoe makes angel trial go a lot faster though. Up until around floor 40, I just pop pyrona/soul slinger to kill the front row, and hecate can oneshot the back row alone and there's still elder dwarf to clean up. The rest of my teams are pretty gimmicky. One stacks nereida + grimbow for back row attack (are there any front rows that attack the entire back row?), and the other has tons of shields because it's funny

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Have not seen a single mysterious count at the celestial shop yet :(

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
alright who wants to be the other co-leader as both engvard and jamwad have abdicated their duty leaving me holding the bag

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I had to do a double take this morning. I don't mind it being me, but if someone actively wants it, that's fine by me.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Looks like you made me vice leader. Gonna try to focus our research. After we work on wharf attack I'm think output boost or maybe boss damage. Thoughts?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I like the merc stat boost, it should help our lower level guys in the wharf because using a merc that's +5 levels, +2%/level attack, defense, hp, and agility seems like a huge leg up. Both the camp upgrades are only 400 right now, but I don't know when the usage goes up by +1. I assume it's at level 4, but I could be wrong. Mercs are also helpful for doing gold/hero trials when your team just needs a little push to beat whatever the next milestone is.

padijun fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 3, 2015

Murglor
Jul 9, 2007

Okay, Elder Dwarf more than lived up to the hype. Wow.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Been checking out the Guild stuff and am a bit overwhelmed.

I've done all the quick explorations stuff at 6 hours and it looks like it will bring back resources?

I've done a few Palace Vanguard, which just mauls me, but rewards me with 275 coins of something.

What else should I be doing? I wanna start buying Elder Dwarf stones and get him upgraded.

How do I get more Bloody Baroness stones? I really like her, but she's still only 2*

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Rubicon posted:

Been checking out the Guild stuff and am a bit overwhelmed.

I've done all the quick explorations stuff at 6 hours and it looks like it will bring back resources?

I've done a few Palace Vanguard, which just mauls me, but rewards me with 275 coins of something.

What else should I be doing? I wanna start buying Elder Dwarf stones and get him upgraded.

How do I get more Bloody Baroness stones? I really like her, but she's still only 2*

That's pretty much it. Also make sure to donate to the research centre, boost 2 fellow guild members and set up 2 guys as mercs (you still get to use them but it's a daily quest). The most important is exploit in the wharf. You can exploit all 4 islands at once. A side note. 2 3 hours exploits wil yield more than 1 6 hour and 2 6 hours exploits yeilds more than 1 12 hour

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I think I'm burned out of the game.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I just started playing, are there any guides/resources that are recommended? How about guilds/player lists for friends?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Rapner posted:

I just started playing, are there any guides/resources that are recommended? How about guilds/player lists for friends?

Our guild's on Server #11 (BlueWitch), it's worth rerolling there if you haven't played much.

As far as basic tips:

• Pyrona, Green Ranger, and Berserker's Claw are all great "starting units", and are useful through high level content. Focus on them, as well as your personal preference of Rose Knight or Nether Knight.
  • Mermaid is fine at the beginning, but you should replace her with Djinni (from Arena) as soon as reasonably possible.
  • The guild heroes are all really good - Elder Dwarf and Astral Child are the two best tanks in the game, and Soul Slinger is a great DPS. Focus on unlocking Dwarf, then unlock Soul Slinger and Astral Child before 5*ing him.

I should write an updated hero guide, really - maybe i'll work on that tonight or tomorrow.

In the meantime, good heroes to go for include:

Astral Hunter
Valkyrie
Snow Queen
Nereida
King O' Bones (for Trial / Raid)

Arena: Night Sentinel
Ancient Arena: Lumia

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Actually, here's some evaluation for Warriors! A lot of these are based off personal opinion, obviously, but hopefully it helps new players.

Atalanta
A powerful DPS early on, and the first 2* you'll acquire normally. Her ultimate is powerful but completely random, making her a liability to use in close fights. She's amazing against single targets, though, and definitely worth investing in until you get something better. Her big weakness is that she's not capable of tanking at high levels, and she's nowhere near good enough to beat out back line options. 2/5

Berserker Claw:
A strong single target DPS, with enough bulk to be put in the front line from time-to-time. He has one of the only targeted back-row stuns, which is both a blessing and a curse, as it detracts from his burst damage potential. You get him early for free, and he's easy to get shards for, so he's worth levelling no matter what. 3.5/5

Blood Baroness:
A powerful AoE DPS, with a missing hp -> bonus damage conversion. Suffers from a similar problem as Dark Paladin, where she's very expensive to tier up, but a strong choice if she's competitively levelled. 3/5, 4/5 if she's the same star level.

Dark Paladin:
A middling tank, with the ability to ressurect once after death. This is useful early on, but it's completely useless at high levels, since your back line can be targeted until the end of the round. If he was easier to get, he'd be pretty good, but you can only get him by spending tens of thousands of Diamonds. 2/5.

Earthshaker:
A tanky support DPS. Earthshaker lacks the stats to be a main tank, but you can use him in the off-tank position or even as a back row support. His ultimate stun fixates on low-hp targets, which can be nice for sniping, but he's overall pretty solid. 4/5

Elder Dwarf:
A purely defensive tank, with the strongest raw mitigation. All of his abilities help keep him alive, and he's difficult to burst down thanks to his guaranteed shield and fantastic defensive runes. He's easy to get (Guild Shop), and should be the first thing any new player unlocks, since none of the early options can compare to him. 5/5

Hecate:
An interesting support DPS. She's not a great tank, but she's one of the only Warriors capable of healing, and her Ultimate skill is a reliable multi-target stun. She's pretty good when she can hit 3 targets, but unspectacular otherwise. 3.5/5

Headless Horseman:
A DPS with a powerful silence ultimate. He's a grind to acquire, but definitely strong enough to play ball - his major downfall is that he's very slow to acquire, and not hugely better than the easy options. As such, it's really difficult to justify investing into him. 2.5/5, 4/5 if you pull him early.

King o' Bones:
A front-line DPS. Very good when he can hit 3 targets. very bad otherwise. He's good to have levelled, but hardly a priority. Very good at high levels thanks to how Def/MDef scales. 4/5

Nether Knight:
A pretty strong tank, who relies heavily on evasion and RNG. He's really easy to kill with bad luck, and among the hardest to kill with good luck, since his shield also heals him whenever it absorbs damage. He's really popular among high level players, but his inherent randomness and lack of utility make him not quite top tier. 3.5/5

Rose Knight
A utility/damage tank with a solid Ultimate ability. He's easy to get, and probably your best choice to level until you have two real tanks, thanks to his damage and stun potential. 3.5/5

Shadowraith
A RNG-based DPS. Burning is powerful, but he's one of the worst sources of it and his other abilities are terrible. Avoid. 0/5

Valkyrie
A super defensive tank, even more so than Elder Dwarf. Valkyrie has amazing defensive skills and runes, but absolutely no kill potential or utility. One of two Warriors to get both PD and MD runes. If she was easier to get, she would definitely be the best starter tank, but by the time you can start starring her up, you should have 2 real tanks at the same level. 3/5

Zweihander
A strong defensive tank, Zwei looks really powerful, but he's actually quite bad. In order to keep him levelled, you take away from three way more important heroes, and he lacks the crucial MDef runes that other strong tanks have. You should use him if you pull him early, but he's a 1.5/5 for lategame.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Another great tank/support hero is Astral child. With both PD and MD runes and an ult that can hurt a multi dos enemy bad. With the new buff of hitting the back 3 with strong shield she is up there with elder dwarf for tanking

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Just pulled Astral Child and Mysterious Count.

Sounds like Astral Child is pretty good. How is the Count?

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Rubicon posted:

Just pulled Astral Child and Mysterious Count.

Sounds like Astral Child is pretty good. How is the Count?

He's good but takes forever to get shards. I've gotten 10 of the 240 needed to 5 star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murglor
Jul 9, 2007

I finally saved up the diamonds for a 10x super divination pull (my first), and got Lunar Priestess. How does she stack up against Djinni as the game goes on? Right now (level 55ish), it feels like the Djinni's every-other-round heal does a lot more to keep my team alive than the Lunar Priestess' every-other-round rage/attack buff does to end fights.

Team right now, which seems to do pretty well in Angel Trial, PvP, island raids, and clearing new stages:
2* Djinni (P) -- 3* Elder Dwarf (P)
3* Berserker Claw (P)
3* Pyrona (P) -- 3* Valkyrie (P)

Obviously the Priestess (3*, P) can go in for the Djinni if that's the right play.

I also have: 3* Rose Knight (P), 3* Green Ranger (P), 3* Mermaid (B+2), 2* Blue Witch (B+2), 2* Nightblade (B+2), 1* Grimbow (B+1), 3* Atalanta (B+1), 3* Nether Knight (B+1), 2* Shadowraith (B+1), 2* Demon Hunter (B), 2* Byron the Black (G), 2* Soul Slinger (G)

I'm relatively close to having the soul shards for Exorcist, King o'Bones, Guardian, and Astral Hunter, and about 35%-50% of the way to Earthshaker, Nereida, Snow Queen, or Astral Child.

So what's the correct course of action going forward? I'm awfully happy with Elder Dwarf and will continue using him, and I love how hard the Valkyrie is to kill, so I feel like I'm in pretty good shape for tanking. Pryona and the Claw are good single-target damage - I suspect the Night Stalker would be superior, but am a long way from unlocking him. Right now my team mostly stalls out the enemy until my backline damage dealers have the rage to kill an enemy each (which they can do practically from full health), but the all-front attacks on my tanks feel a little out of sync with that strategy. I don't really have a very good idea of what teams have the best synergy between characters.

Murglor fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 10, 2015

• Locked thread