Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murglor
Jul 9, 2007

Mean green fighting machine.
I'm level 41 and would like to join (in game name also Murglor).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murglor
Jul 9, 2007

And would also appreciate some advice on where to focus, since I no longer have only 10 characters and it's becoming difficult to just keep everyone maxed out all the time.

I have:

Warriors
Rose Knight (B+1) 3*
Atalanta (B+1) 3*
Berserker Claw (B+1) 2*
Valkyrie (B+1) 1*
Nether Knight (B+1) 2*
Shadowraith (B) 1*

Mages
Pyrona (B+1) 3*
Mermaid (B+1) 2*
Djinni (B) 2*
Blue Witch (B+1) 2*
Byron the Black (G) 1*
Soul Slinger (G) 1*

Archers
Nightblade (B+1) 2*
Green Ranger (B+1) 2*
Grimbow (G) 1*

Angels
Vienna 2*
Nocturna 1*
Lunaria 2*
Athena 1*

I can also unlock Glacia, Loralei or Nyssa if I want to.

Should I upgrade Lunaria (or one of the other 60 angels) past 2*? I'm pretty much using Athena instead since she rocks, but upgrades will be a long time coming (and I was lucky to grab her at ~ level 38 from an Angel Trial run).

What should my primary party be? Is there a secondary party that I'll want to keep up-to-date for the time being?

Murglor
Jul 9, 2007

Envgard posted:

Go ahead and apply now and we will get you in. I've turned off the auto accept so you won't instantly get rejected.

I've done so.

Murglor
Jul 9, 2007

Okay, Elder Dwarf more than lived up to the hype. Wow.

Murglor
Jul 9, 2007

I finally saved up the diamonds for a 10x super divination pull (my first), and got Lunar Priestess. How does she stack up against Djinni as the game goes on? Right now (level 55ish), it feels like the Djinni's every-other-round heal does a lot more to keep my team alive than the Lunar Priestess' every-other-round rage/attack buff does to end fights.

Team right now, which seems to do pretty well in Angel Trial, PvP, island raids, and clearing new stages:
2* Djinni (P) -- 3* Elder Dwarf (P)
3* Berserker Claw (P)
3* Pyrona (P) -- 3* Valkyrie (P)

Obviously the Priestess (3*, P) can go in for the Djinni if that's the right play.

I also have: 3* Rose Knight (P), 3* Green Ranger (P), 3* Mermaid (B+2), 2* Blue Witch (B+2), 2* Nightblade (B+2), 1* Grimbow (B+1), 3* Atalanta (B+1), 3* Nether Knight (B+1), 2* Shadowraith (B+1), 2* Demon Hunter (B), 2* Byron the Black (G), 2* Soul Slinger (G)

I'm relatively close to having the soul shards for Exorcist, King o'Bones, Guardian, and Astral Hunter, and about 35%-50% of the way to Earthshaker, Nereida, Snow Queen, or Astral Child.

So what's the correct course of action going forward? I'm awfully happy with Elder Dwarf and will continue using him, and I love how hard the Valkyrie is to kill, so I feel like I'm in pretty good shape for tanking. Pryona and the Claw are good single-target damage - I suspect the Night Stalker would be superior, but am a long way from unlocking him. Right now my team mostly stalls out the enemy until my backline damage dealers have the rage to kill an enemy each (which they can do practically from full health), but the all-front attacks on my tanks feel a little out of sync with that strategy. I don't really have a very good idea of what teams have the best synergy between characters.

Murglor fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murglor
Jul 9, 2007

You just need to ask to join, and the minimum level will be temporarily lowered long enough for you to apply. (at least, that's how it happened for me; I was level 40ish when I joined)

• Locked thread