Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
To get the full W3 experience you have take out the pci port cover between the dual 980's and ram your dick in the back of the case underneath the SLI jumper when Yennefer goes topless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
After reading the last 8 pages I feel I have been illuminated. gently caress viral marketing, its time to riot in the streets my brothers

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
5. Day one patches must be mailed to all box set purchases who do not have internet

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
poo poo they downgraded the stability too?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Heliosicle posted:

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/Grafikkarten-Benchmarks-1159196/

After seeing this I'm rethinking my decision to keep my 770 and not get a 970.

ugh my 760 is going to :negative:

i may have to upgrade my cpu/gpu soon and i just put this drat system together

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
goddammit started downloading it this morning, left for work, got back...

computer went into sleep mode after 2 gigs :argh:

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

UberJumper posted:

Two quick questions:

1. Do you not get XP from killing monsters?
2. Is there a fix for the open inventory and game crashes? It seems to happen 1/3 times i go to my inventory.

1. dunno

2. People have mentioned disabling power-saving settings for your gpu

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I'm kind of on the fence about what platform to buy this for, I got a pc, with a i5 4690k not overclocked, 8gb ram and a gtx 760 2gb gddr5. I also have a ps4. I don't really feel like upgrading my video card right now and I feel like that's the only weak part of my computer, do you guys think I would get equal to the ps4 visuals on the pc version at 1920x1200? or not as good?

i have almost the exact same system. using at 750 instead, default settings work great, look good and run at acceptable 50-60+ fps for me. I may bump up some of the effects

Early reports are that console versions grapics can get choppy, friend of mine got it for PS4 and confirmed

edit: my resolution is lower though

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 06:12 on May 20, 2015

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
^^^^^

I just wish they lasted a lot longer, but I've not yet upgraded them so maybe they'll get better I dunno

Arglebargle III posted:

280 new posts on Saturday morning. I think we know what goons are doing with their Friday nights! :roflolmao:

i am at a bar irl keeping up on this thread.

I played like six loving hours today which I almost never do anymore

good game, small gripes aside so far it is amazing. almost too much to do, I love the story quests so far

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 23, 2015

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Broken Cog posted:

This is annoying. I can't find the recipe for White Gull on any merchant or herbalist anywhere, and I need it for just about everything now.

try the herbalist in white orchard? i think that is where I got mine.

she is easy to miss because if you collected buckthorn before the griffin quest it won't show you where she is.

her door is locked before the quest but unlocks after it, yet the herbalist icon does not appear unless you go into the house. it is on the road between he town and the nilfgard camp, surrounded by herb plants cant miss it.

i am not 100% sure if I bought it from her, but I definately had the recepie in white orchard.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Broken Cog posted:

Already checked, but I'm beginning to worry that it's level-bound. It's not that high level of a recipe I believe, but I didn't start buying up every recipe I could see until some way into the game. I could have a look at the inventory of the other merchants in White Orchard though, thanks.

Hmm must have got it elsewhere, I did 100% clear white orchard before going to velen.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Oh poo poo wow, just found maybe an exploit.

I can equip Geralt with an extra piece of armor, kind of like a helmet slot

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Willfrey posted:

Oh poo poo wow, just found maybe an exploit.

I can equip Geralt with an extra piece of armor, kind of like a helmet slot

Its kind of glitchy, note the hair clipping through, but the wood helmet is proper witcher gear

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Broken Cog posted:

I've run into a really annoying and game breaking bug twice now. Geralt suddenly won't grab hold onto ledges anymore, instead he'll just "kick" away from the wall. It stopped me from doing a side quest earlier(I fixed it by reloading a save ~30 min back), but it's come back, and this time I'm not sure I want to backtrack that far.
Anyone else ran into this?

Are you using the kb&mouse? To have geralt grab overhead ledges you have to press and hold the space bar. You really have to read every tooltip

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
so, are there any other respec potions? I drank the one in novigrad, but never bought the one from the mage herbalist chick I banged and now I think she's gone? I didn't object too strongly as I am trying to be a NilfBro, and for the life of me I can't find her hut to check

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I just am waiting for an auto-win gwent mod, I don't enjoy card games but the completionist in me dosen't want to miss out on gwent related content

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

theblackw0lf posted:

So one of the frustrations I had with the ending was that The ending illustrations didn't say what happened with Dandelion and Priscilla, Triss, the Lodge, Zoltan, and many of the other characters. Which was a bit surprising.

Yet I was listening to a podcast where the person was saying that in his playthrough those illustrations for those characters were actually there.

So did I just get this weird glitch where I was supposed to see ending illustrations for these characters but didn't?

yes I am pretty sure there is a glitch that does not display flashback sequences? Wasn't there one for Letho's sidequest? I remember the screen doing a fadeout but then snapping back to the dialogue, with no sequence. it has happened to me a couple times throughout the game so far

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
huh, annoying bug, when trying to oil blades in combat using a controller it tells me you cannot do that in combat. however if i use the mouse and click and drag the oil on the blade it works...

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ghetto Prince posted:

:golfclap:

I just killed the griffon :black101: , ive just got 5/5 fast strike and picked up focus like someone mentioned earlier in the thread; but now im sitting on three ability points and wondering if the marksmanship time slowdown is more useful than being able to parry arrows?

crossbow is mostly useless imo. i have not tried arrow parry but it seems limited in its application. i would grab the potion tree skill that heightens your tox limit with each learned potion so you can effectively use decotions later

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ravenfood posted:

The bug is that you can do it on the PC. You're not supposed to be able to.

seems strange considering how short the non upgraded ones last. and that you could oil blades on the fly in tw2 iirc

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Nobody Interesting posted:

Okay that makes sense - so a decoction that regens HP for 30 minutes is obviously better than a Swallow that does 20 seconds and needs to be topped up which brings up toxicity even more.

Will need to pay closer attention to the potions skill tree from now, I think.

A tip that worked well for me, if you want to invest mostly in sign or sword trees but want to use decoctions invest 3 points into the one that ups your max toxcicity with each learned potion. at lvl3, with most potions brewed, that skill allows me to have like 3 decoctions going at once, totally worth it imho

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

OAquinas posted:

The Peter Griffin Armor is all about lighting things on fire all day every day, and I'm not ashamed to wear it :btroll:

I prefer the school of the cat turtleneck armor

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 11, 2015

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Arglebargle III posted:

Can anyone confirm or deny that balisse fruit is bugged and no longer drops from plants or appears in herbalist shops? I haven't seen any since 1.04 dropped I think.

I had a hard time finding it too.. It does not grow at all in Velen. Supposedly you can find it in open, treeless areas around Novigraad, or in Skellige. Its a low shrub with purple flowers

Though the only luck I had was in White Orchard, a bunch grows around the herbalist hut, mostly on the opposite side of the road from the hut. Plus the herbalist sells more

on 1.04

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jun 13, 2015

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Razakai posted:

The game has plenty of good bits, but I think the whole Family Matters questline was probably the best thing in the game. One of the best quests I've done in any RPG I can remember. And yeah, the OST is great there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8J9HXcOxrs

my favorite part is when yen uses black magic on that corpse and kills the garden

:stare:

Gave me the heebie-jeebies, this game has drat good writing and voice acting

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
hah! do we ever run into the mage we surprise in the megascope later on?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

In the next witcher game the main protagonist will be a rock troll.

the first story quest kicks off with a troll and his buddies being promised shoes and then getting stiffed

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

This is a linguistics related question, but what's with all the pronoun dropping in the English version of the game? English is not generally considered a pro-drop language.

do vesimir, lambert or eskel have it?

what is lethos accent... sarcerresses

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Scandalous posted:

Gather round, good tavern folk, and let me tell you the tale of Geralt of Rivia, famed witcher, who sought his lover of yore in White Orchard, and awaking from a nightmare and dispatching a pack of ghouls with nary a scratch, was promptly kicked to death by his friend Vesemir's horse

had this happen during the fistfight outside the white orchard tavern, i got punched hard and geralt recoiled a few paces and then got kicked by two horses, whereupon i stumbeled right back into their waiting fists

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Man if you've not tried Alt Yerden give it a shot. Its animation interrupting hits are a godsend, as well zapping flying enemies out of the air. Also nails the boss wraiths when they go into regen mode (provided they are close to the trap) and makes them much more managable.

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jul 21, 2015

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

I'm level 7 and just spoke to Anna Strenger. I'm in Vellen. My weapons and armor presently aren't that great... (Definitely the weapons are not.)

What could I / should I go in search of that I can use now/soon that is awesome?

loot is randomly picked. hard to point you in any direction. The ? marks on the map you want are bandit camps, guarded treasures, and hidden stashes as they more frequently yield gear or crafting recipes.

Really the advice I would give you is don't worry too much about your gear early on. around lvl 10 you can wear cool looking nilfgarrd armor (free dlc) bought at the Crow's Nest quartermaster, I actually wore this rather than the better assassins stuff because it didn't make me look like a tard. Around level 12ish I would try to find and craft Griffin witcher gear as it is far better than regular stuff. Though going after witcher gear shoehorns you into only really using witcher gear. Right now I am doing a playthrough purposefully NOT getting witcher gear to see the other armor sets

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 21, 2015

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
my fistfight technique so far is to remain one short dodge length from my opponent. then hit the heavy attack. He either gets hit or blocks. After which I short dodge away and repeat until he ded. Sometimes I have to add a half second lag before I hit heavy attack.

don't know if this works later down the line but so far it has dominated. AI never seems to respond quickly enough after taking or blocking a strong attack. I either catch him blocking, standing unblocked, or just starting to swing by the time I wail on em.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Inverness posted:

Recently I've tended to only play games like this on the weekends. I prefer having a large block of uninterrupted time for stuff like this.

I'm going to need to play this more often or there is no way I'll finish before Fallout 4 releases.

I'm currently level 23 and doing side quests on Skellige. The current main quest is Ugly Baby which I haven't started yet.

if you just focus in on the main story quests and ignore witcher contacts etc, the game is pretty generous with quest xp you can get to level 30 in a hurry.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Voxx posted:

Ugh, 1.10 has a slew of new quest bugs. Wolf armour quest is bugged, guess I can just go back to it later. CDProjekt has been pretty good about fixing the quest bugs so far, though.

What do you mean by bugged? You have to progress the main questline before you can travel to Kaer Moren

I had a bunch of problems with triss getting stuck in her now or never questline, kept getting hung up on doorways or on beggars in the street, had to reload a few times to fix it

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 13, 2015

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
hey admins where do I downvote all these posts

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

So I'm playing the main game again on Death March since that is the last achievement I need to get. Figured it wouldn't take too long if I just played through the main storyline-related quests and not allow myself any distra-

Academic in the First Inn: Wanna become obsessed with Gwent again?
Geralt: Yesssssssssssssssss :stare:

I did the same. Said gently caress it and decided to do a no witcher gear run, was just going to focus on story quests to hit HoS and B&W content asap. Then I crushed the Bloody Baron's gwent deck with little more than the starter deck. Guess I gotta get them heroes for the Skellige deck.....

Also patchnotes said they fixed roach, but i still get tailless horse, guess I am forced to stare at roaches butthole until I hit Skellige

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 16, 2016

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Arglebargle III posted:

No Witcher gear? :catstare:

Figured I could try out other armors, swords. Noticed a lot of high level stuff I never tried because of witcher gear. Plus I found the diagram fetch quests a bit tedious

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'd read an LP where somebody picks all the most rear end in a top hat-ish dialog choices 100% of the time. I tried doing my own playthru like that but always end up caving when tryin to give the sorceresses a hot beef injection

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ainsley McTree posted:

Are there any mods or cheats or anything that either give you an inventory full of crafting mats, or reduce all recipe costs to zero?

I'm on PC and wanting to play this game again, but since I've already played through it the proper way once, I want to just cheat and never have to worry about finding crafting mats for gear and potions on this run, since that was the least fun part of the game to me on the first run.

I didn't find anything on the nexus that was quite what I"m looking for, and it looks like there's a console command that gives you items, but that's less than ideal, since I'd have to cheat them in one at a time...I'm just wondering if there's something I'm missing that gives you everything at once so you never have to think about it again.

get the 9000 lb inventory plus the automatic looting mod. After like lvl 10 you will want for nothing. The auto loot mod is well done and wont auto loot quest stuff and gently caress up the storyline

Most def. cheaty though

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUtquPxjp7w

Pretty drat vague since you don't specify resolution or what card that has in it. Looks like those have GTX 960s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmDLPVy4ZMo

Doesn't look like it wouldn't hold 1080p 60fps on ultra settings. Still better than PS4 though.

I have a gtx 960, on ultra without hairworks i get around the high 20's fps. If i knock down to high settings its buttery smooth and still looks better than ps4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Joey Freshwater posted:

Never played a Witcher game before 3 and I'm starting on 2 now.

Hopefully it's just as good (lol)

It is ok, will definately fill the lore gaps you may of had