Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Did they change loot rules in a patch? The way you all are talking about that island makes no sense to how I remember loot works. As I remember it, fancy chests had chances of recipes, high tier crafting stuff, and weapons that roughly match your level. So it doesn't matter if you get to that island and their sunken chests early or leave it until late game, the weapon loot there is adjusted to your level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
How do I activate the alt axii? There must be something I am missing cause I refuse to believe that after all the patching they've done, they still haven't fixed the bug where alt axii doesn't happen if you hold down the key on PC.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I think also that your level has something to do with selling prices at vendors. A bar of dimeritium only netted me like 130 max at one point from the armor merchant in novigrad square (and much less from other vendors around velen/white orchard. Then suddenly it was 358. Either quests or getting to around level 12+ did it. Selling prices for spare crafting items jump by quite a bit after a while, which allows you to come into quite a bit of cash when you have 6 dimeritium bars you will never use until end game, when you will have more than that.

Moral is: Early-ish game and you need a bit of cash? Sell a bit of your crafting poo poo. DO NOT SELL NEKKER HEARTS! Things like.. diamond dust and the such are also somewhat safe (Just don't sell your emerald dust in white orchard).

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah, there's apparently some sort of loading glitch where sometimes shopkeepers won't appear unless you go far enough away from them to "respawn" where they're supposed to be. But even with that, sometimes that damned guy in an Craite's castle just plain won't appear no matter what. Maybe he only works on Tuesdays or something.

Ravenfood posted:

Meditating for an hour usually fixed it for me. Usually.

Yeah, this is the reason why long ago people thought that the guy at the graveyard that bought stuff for full price only did so at certain times of day. It's just a loading error that has been in the game since forever. Meditating a little ways away usually fixes being unable to interact with traders or them not appearing at all.

I'm surprised they never fixed it.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

Also Olgierd genuinely seems that he won't waste his second chance.

You know who else genuinely seemed like he wouldn't waste his second chance? That's right, Hitler The guy tied up next to a river and left to the drowners.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I can't wait to actually play this game beyond Velen. I was like, "poo poo there is this much and there are still two expansions to be released? gently caress that, I'm not going to re-invest hundreds of hours again to do it all a second or third time." Hurry up so I can 100% the game and uninstall it please, it takes up a lot of space.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Did CDP nerf the northern deck between now and sometime before the release of heart of stone? I remember having 3 catapults and an army of blue stripes by the time I was half-way done with novigrad. I found one catapult in the passiflora, and googling tells me I should have picked up another way back in White Orchard. I only have two though now, and what seems to be 4 poor loving infantry, two of which won't stack. I have feeling I've been hit by a bug of some sort if they haven't patched out a few cards.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Is there a way to change or add gwent cards? I've got a bug where the catapult from white orchard was turned into a poor loving infantry. And I've already done the velen quests. I really do not want to start over. I've already put 10 hours into this run.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

poor life choice posted:

I'm level 11 and finally wrapping up side-quests that are below my level and dang, the shrieker contract kicked my butt when I tried it last night. I think I was lulled into a false sense of complacency by chopping the poo poo out of drowners, hags, rotfiends and wraiths lately, gotten used to side-stepping attacks and relentlessly mashing the fast attack option.

Are there any tips beyond what's in the bestiary entry? Guess I should get in a heavy attack or two then wait until a sign lets me stun it again.

Tis weak to fire, Arisen. (Igni and dancing star bombs if you got them, stuns the hell out of him.) Blasting him out o the air with either Aard or igni also works. I had to err on the caution side after getting bleed/poisoned to death a few times. So yeah, waiting until you got an sign to stun it with is a good way to go at it. Fire damage is pretty good if you let it tick a bit before slashing at him.

Does this game have console commands for qwent modification? My catapult was turned into a poor loving infantry in white orchard. I really do not want to replay the game just to get that back.

edit: founds the commands. Now I just need to know if doing this will make it so I can't get achievements filled out for that save file.

Broose fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 28, 2016

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Pellisworth posted:

Ok so here's the dialogue from the troll quest because I'm a huge nerd and love trolls, spoilering in case you haven't done it.

I always got the impression that he killed everyone, soldiers and peasants. Accidentally of course cause he is a good soldiermans.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
"Hmm, it's been over 15,000 posts since I last went into the witcher thread, and it's close to E3, so maybe they will be talking about any cyberpunk 2077 news"

*It is STILL Yen vs Triss chat.*

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I decided to download the GTOY version since I haven't played this game in three years at least. Never played the DLC even though I bought the season pass. Also decided to mod the game this time around since the burn out of getting half way through on death march is still felt.

I read the second post in the thread, but its kinda short on HOW to mod this game and was made in 2017 possibly? So do you use this witcher 3 mod manager? "Vortex" (which i assume has replaced NMM?) from nexus mods? Just drag and drop? Also there seems to be a bit of overlap in lighting mods. Any advice on a certain one to choose in 2019, or is it still STLM? Should I use the HD texture pack? Basically trying to figure out how to properly mod this game is almost draining my will to play and I would greatly appreciate any kind of help.

edit: With more searching I found This Google Doc that explains everything pretty well installation wise. Only thing it left out was to make sure you run the Witcher 3 Mod Manager as admin or else it won't work right. Needed to download Script Merger as well, but that seems to work pretty straight forward.

Broose fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
One thing the show made a point of was the trade off that using magic is. I do not remember that in any of the games, just Triss casually summoning fire (which is also apparently a forbidden magic?) Was that always a thing, just not focused on or am I just not remembering at all?

I really liked the show, and if it follows the books I think I might actually start reading them.