Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Utnayan posted:

Very correct. Or a purchasing decision on which platform to buy it on.

This happens constantly. But when thousands of people see purchasing 600 dollar video cards based on bullshit that they will get a better experience, that's an issue for me. With the current trend and the common denominator development just buy a console and have the same experience as you would plunking down 1600 for a custom built PC that won't have any advantages.

So buy a console then? Who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Does it really matter how the game looks as long as it's fun?

P.S. Based on all the screens and videos I've seen, the PC version definitely looks better than the PS4.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Utnayan posted:

/\ This goes for you too, hooked on phonics.

I honestly don't give a rats rear end. If I buy it for the PS4, I do so because I can plug in a disc and play the thing on my couch. If I see graphics like I did and think the PC version is way above and beyond, I'll hook my PC into my theater, DVI to HMDI through my receiver, Sound blaster Z through optical, reconfigure a preset so both pass, enter my SB software to turn on DTS/Dolby Live, set a speaker setting to speakers to make sure I get emulated 5.1, move my PC into position, run an XBox Wired Controller to my PC and sit on the couch and enjoy much higher end visuals in a MUCH higher end audio and visual experience than I do on a loving 24" dell IPS in a computer chair. When I see that the developer held back on the information which could have saved me that trouble and I could have just plugged in a disc on my PS4 which is already attached to that theater system? It's a waste of time. And it isn't that hard to tell customers otherwise. And I feel horrible for the thousands of others out there that were asking if SLI 980 GTX cards would be enough to run this bitch in Ultra settings when all that was taken away and I wonder how their recommended settings on a 770 wouldn't blast the game away given a PS4 runs it in the same spec with half the hardware.

With the way gamers are, especially here? Good developers (Like this one) are rewarded for honesty and transparency. The biggest thing missing in this industry when, believe it or not, more money will be made by being honest and humble with your customer base than lying thinking it is going to tarnish a rep. IN this case, the rep was tarnished. The game will still be good. Just give the customers a heads up next time and don't make the same mistake again.

My Advice for the 34 developers from CD reading this.

wait, you're mad because you wasted 10 minutes?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

urea posted:

How can you care so much about barely noticeable graphical differences, but not care at all about literally halving the framerate?

Has to be some kind of troll...

Check his rap sheet. He's insane.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Man I still enjoy playing Morrowind and that game looks like poo poo

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Roshnak posted:

What I don't understand is that in many cases it's clearly the same assets that were shown in those early trailers, but a couple of particle effects are toned down and the color grading is different.

Probably because in that first trailer they were filming only that one scene but in the later stuff they had to render the whole game world

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Lord Lambeth posted:

On topic, I love how igni looks in Witcher 3. It's like a firecracer in his hand :allears:

Even better, it has a bunch of different upgrades. One is like a stream of fire and one is a fireball and there's a couple more too I believe

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
This thread was better without this idiot

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I can't wait to get my check from Comte

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I'm at work so I can't test this but will InputMapper let me map quicksave to the Xbox button on my controller? It's annoying to be using a controller and then have to reach for the keyboard just to quicksave.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
God please release a Gwent app or something so I can play at work. I'm bored out of my mind trying to kill these last few hours before the 3-day weekend.

I might start playing Hearthstone...

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I have only ever used the horse when it was required by a quest. I'm having too much fun running everywhere.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Yeah I sent her to my Witcher base with Letho so hopefully I get to go back there at some point

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Some of the decoctions are ridiculously powerful. Even if you focus on another set of skills, at least grab the mutation one in the alchemy line. My ekkimaras decoction lasts 40 minutes and heals me every time I hit an enemy.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I'm about 25 hours in and just got to Novigrad.

Enjoying the pens and vagina graffiti on the wall next to Triss's house.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

NESguerilla posted:

I don't remember much of TW2, but isn't Letho the bad guy from the beginning? Why are they bros? Also, that quest is p good.

Letho got duped by the Sorceress's.

He wasn't really a bad guy.

Daric fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Feenix posted:

I will admit I have been playing this on and off alongside other games. I still haven't gotten the flow of combat, but my main question is, how long do I have to ride with this Griffin head on my horse? I've already searched the Bloody Baron's house...

[Ed]
And while I'm asking questions, I know the developer has been really good about post release support… Have they mentioned anything about improving controls or animation stutter?

That's your trophy. It gives you benefits based on whatever creature's head you have. Do the witcher contracts and you'll get more trophies.