Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

WoodrowSkillson posted:

yeah part of the whole thing with Ciri is she can move between worlds, and the Wild Hunt want to use her powers for their own gain.

Their own gain in this case being "saving our own civilization from dying."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am fond of the theory that if Geralt is a lovely dad Ciri closes the White Frost, survives, but decides to move on with her life and leave the Witcher's world behind.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ciri was pretty independent by the books' end anyway, it is more of ditching her overbearing parents. The final "gently caress you dad".

Of course, the theory sinks if you ask Master Mirror how to help Ciri, since it proves she's dealing with an existential threat to herself.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

loquacius posted:

Question, does the beehive glitch still work? I pushed that fucker all the way over to the blacksmith, and he's just standing there not dying :colbert:

It's been disabled by a patch.

Just go some places of interest and sell junk, or use cheat engine if you must and are on PC.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Not being in the first wave of Gwent invites was the worst thing that ever happened in my life.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, I wouldn't say it is out of character for Emhyr to not be a dick. In the last book he initially tells Geralt and Yennefer to commit suicide to unburden Ciri when he has her in his hands, then when he sees how much the girl is suffering he does a full 180, releases Geralt and Yennefer and lets them go wherever they want to, abandoning a project he had been working on for his entire adult life for the sake of his daughter's happiness. Emhyr is a huge monster whose conscience began to bother him in his old age.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Joey Freshwater posted:

Oh, apologies then I misunderstood. Yeah I'm not going to start a whole new game just for that. I guess I'll just hope this reinstall works and if not I'll finish this game and hope to pick it up in NG+

Use the console mod and just spawn the armor, the game bugged on you so it is not your fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Senjuro posted:

CDPR released a sweet little video for The Witcher's 10th anniversary.

Spoilers if you haven't finished the expansions I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgqz8Je7P0s

Pro-click, alright. It was exactly what I didn't know was missing from the already perfect ending of Blood & Wine.