Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
That's about the framerate my computer would run that, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Wiseblood posted:

Doesn't the hardest difficulty also have permadeath?

Only if you shoot yourself in the head out of frustration.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

VDay posted:

Are there any monster/quest differences between the difficulties? Or is it just stats? Trying to decide whether to play this on the hardest or second-hardest to start.

I doubt highly there are story differences between difficulties.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
gently caress my poo poo, shitfucker, I'm like 15 feet away from people and they STILL manage to hit me with their swords. Motherfuckers.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Okay, so I just finished both chapter 2s. drat, I'm not sure which one I want to make my transfer game.

Roche's path is obviously much more story-related, but Iorveth's path is so much more of a 'make the world a better place with the power of equality and teamwork' type of branch. :ohdear: drat. I don't know.

Also, in Roche's path, Ves tells her story about the king and Dethmold, and Geralt tells Roche that he doesn't trust her. What is that about?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

RatHat posted:

Iirc Geralt thought it was strange Ves wasn't harmed at all but it turns out she was just not telling the whole story because she got raped.

Ah, I had equated the memory of what I was seeing with the story Geralt was being told. Ves said they laughed at her and then let her go, while the memory shows the precursor to her being raped. Got it.

I had kinda just assumed everyone knew about it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - I'll let you know in 24 hours!!!

Yeah, there's a troll that can be killed. Not the two married trolls. :3:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I know you can rebind, but I wonder why they think having those default keyboard settings are okay. It seems so goddamned stupid, to be honest.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Can someone sooth my nonpreordering self. If I have NOT preoredered but pickup tomorrow, or this week, will I still get the free dlc that they didn't have done in time for release?

DLC is for everyone. There's no preorder stuff.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Pwnstar posted:

I laugh every time at that cutscene where Roche falls off a bridge, rolls to his feet as he yells gently caress and immediately punches a dude in the face.

it's just so random and out there and played perfectly straight. :allears: I just experienced it a few hours ago today (barring the first time I played 4 years ago) and because I knew about it I loved it even more than I would have otherwise.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Psiharis posted:

Roche is just masterfully done all around. I mean the game opens with him having you tortured and by the end he's just the best drat buddy a witcher could have.

I never warmed up to Iorveth. His storyline contains more defensibly "good" choices but he goes about it in such a lovely sneering way, and Saskia has so little personality... The most likable person on that path might actually be Hitler Dwarf.

Either way I'm preemptively disappointed that neither of them can possibly have much role in Wild Hunt because player choices would make their characters too different. :( Here's hoping to be wrong!

Iorveth was dope. He totally chilled out over time. He's this century-spanning warrior who has seen his race just get loving punted off to the side and he's trying to fight a losing battle to at least bring them back to equal footing. Saskia's pretty dope, too. She's got this dream of hers and is gonna burn the world to make it happen, all for the wellbeing of the normal dudes and dudettes of the world.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Orv posted:

Some of the best faces and facial animation video games have ever seen.

E: Skip to 50 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnIxXtthiYw

I'm not looking at trailers, but is that a cinematic animation, or an ingame animation? You know the difference I'm talking about, don't argue semantics.

I'm very surprised at myself, but I'm going in to W3 with pretty much zero previous witcher 3 game knowledge aside from a few screenshots.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Yeah, after having done Iorveth's playthrough already, I felt kinda bad after I rescued him in Roche's when he was telling me how Vergen was failed now, and I knew about the dream and hopes of the peasants (especially since literally every person of royalty was such a loving rear end in a top hat).

He was so upset that the status quo was still maintained, because really, it's a poo poo status quo. I was all Dude, just glance over to my other savegame, man. I totally got your back. :ohdear:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yea I didn't have a problem with that. Humans universally poo poo all over elves and Iorveth's been around long enough to watch them be crushed beneath the human civilizations, him hating humans is the 100% understandable. All that said he clearly understands that the best elves can get is a Vergen style nation where they share equality with humans. For being a supposedly inflexible terrorist he's remarkably self aware.

People really just don't like him because he doesn't kickflip off a bridge and punch the poo poo out of someone.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Airfoil posted:

So, what's with "plough"?

It makes sense as a substitute for a naughty word if you're trying to keep the game PG-rated, but then they go ahead and use "gently caress" constantly anyway.

Plough is used when you want to plant seeds, so it works in context. It's the pre-modern equivalent to bang, maybe. Since they don't have guns.

We as normal people have tons of euphamisms for fuckin' people, so it's not that dbig a difference. And it's works, especially since they don't use stupid poo poo like 'frak' (gently caress you Battlestar Ga-FRACK-tica!!! I still love you though).

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Psiharis posted:

It would be nice if preloading could be on the honor system. I know it'll never happen because every system (including Steam and GoG) wants all purchases to be made within their particular walled garden. Or if there was an option to buy CEs with all the doodads but a download code in the box instead of discs, so you could pick it up any time a few days before launch and preload like everybody else...

I mean sure, we've all waited this long, it's not the end of the world. Just one of those petty frustrations that's going to be at the forefront of my mind for those particular five hours tomorrow.

Honor system preloading? I have no idea what you mean. Just download the GOG torrent and register your code/discs when it comes. Get a head start.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Lord Lambeth posted:

It would be nice if physical copies bought online also emailed you a gog code.

Then you resell the code and keep the disc and you now stole a copy. or you get a code and then cancel your order and the store has to do all the silly efforts to cancel your code and what not et cetera.

I didn't put much thought into this, but I'm still gonna post! like all of my other posts! Oh-Hoho!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
gently caress, I just realized back when I picked Iorveth's side I didn't kill Loredo and opted instead to rescue to people trapped in the burning building. gently caress. That won't end well for flotsam. :ohdear:

Maybe I'll just have to side with Roche for my transfer game since I killed Loredo directly. Son of a bitch....but, maybe Flotsam is just a mistake Geralt will have to live with, and will haunt him as surely as any spirit from the Wild Hunt.

But dammit, all that cool political scheming and story information in Roche's path...drat.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 18, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
gently caress it. I'm going iorveth!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Kimmalah posted:

I don't think it will matter much. The big thing with Loredo was that he sold Flotsam to Kaedwin. But with the current political climate I doubt that deal has stuck. Witcher 2 also didn't make it a secret that pretty much everyone in Flotsam hates him and is either working against him or hoping for the right moment to kick him out. Iorveth didn't seem to think he was going to be a problem anymore.

What happens if you Kill Loredo? is it the same thing?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Is ROche in Witcher 3 at all? If he is is it just a quick shoutout?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Hahaha, I was fighting some dudes and Geralt did a leaping stabbey thing with his sword off to completely the opposite direction of the soldiers and I heard this shrill cry...turns out he stabbed a cat. Killed it. Cat-sualty of war, man.

nooooo Geralt
:ohdear::catstare::ohdear:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

It's 1 am and it just occurred to me that we are playing the Witcher 3 in like 14 hours.

I'm still not done with Witcher 2. I'll have to wait an extra day, I suppose.

:sigh:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Shakugan posted:

Can I get the GOG discount if I gifted Witcher 1 and 2 to someone else through GOG, but don't have the games on my own GOG account?

No. You have to have it in your account for your account to apply the discount.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

poptart_fairy posted:

At this point the outrage is coming from only a couple of people but nobody can stop loving responding to them.

This exactly.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Stormgale posted:

Man now i'm just worried with Roche and Ves in the game having gone Iorveth path will make things harder dealing with them, my min maxing :ohdear:

Don't worry Iorveth's path brother. We'll manage.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Spikeguy posted:

What about cream cheese. This is very important.

Cream cheese day 1 patch is forthcoming.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

Are people making fake posts to poo poo on the thread in response to the sincere posts made to poo poo on the thread

postception, but for retards.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

jokes, they're called jokes, people are making jokes on the comedy forum that make light of the very serious issue of the 70s-era ascii graphics

jokes, but for retards. Constant repetitive identical retard jokes.

We may as well just be quoting the 'orange you glad I didn't say banana' knock knock joke for 30 pages.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

g-c posted:

Jokes for retards in a thread full of horse retard level posting.

We know about you, but we're also talking about everyone else.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Kimmalah posted:

Man you're not kidding, Geralt looks so weird now!

(Witcher 3 on Ultra Super Duper High Settings)

Is this really what morrowind looked like? loving hell nostalgia's a goddamn monster.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I've never been able to get this whole Witcher 2 quest stuff in Loc Muinne, the runes of power poo poo.
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Rune_rooms

I for serious do not get it.

VanillaGorilla posted:

The loving prime minister stopped by their offices today, apparently.

Like imagine if Obama stopped by Bethesda to high-five them for Skyrim or something.

The PM just wanted to check out a sweet videogame before the Russians shoot down his airplane.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Schurik posted:

Galaxy keeps redownloading 320MB and then failing...

IT BEGINS!!!
GOG GALAXY!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Kimmalah posted:

How did they not get it? The solution to each rune room is in the wiki page they linked, complete with pictures. :psyduck:

Without using the loving cheat sheet, console plebe.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Doesn't the patch auto install? That's pretty lame on GOG's end if it doesn't.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I'm torn on hair works. It sounds cool in theory, but I haven't really seen much to convince me to take the fps hit and use it.

Kimmalah posted:

Then don't link the cheat sheet and generally act like a baby?

What the gently caress is wrong with you? I didn't say it was bad, I just said I didn't understand the quest without using the walkthrough. The only complaining was on your end.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

poptart_fairy posted:

The only thing I think is silly in combat is how enemies will suddenly stop reacting to your attacks in several combos, hitting you for pretty significant damage.

This bugs me too. There's no hint, they don't block, they just stop and lightning attack to kill me.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Is there a way to disable the paragraphs of text beneath the minimap telling you how to do your quest?

Drifter fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 20, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Poetic Justice posted:

There is an HUD option in the options to turn that off, I believe.

Thanks. It was some 'active quest' option in the HUD options. There are so many little options I'd wished they would have had an interactive picture or something telling me what each of those things was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
So when I'm fighting wraiths, apparently I can easily sidestep the sword swings, but their lantern swings are sidesteppable?

This game's combat is so loving weird. Finnicky.

ilifinicus posted:

What's wrong with my computer's that's causing some cutscenes (two so far) to chew down to 20fps for their duration, meanwhile every other cutscene runs at 60fps? And I mean hard locked to 20 fps, it didn't even move below or above (I have the shadowplay fps overlay on always)

It could be cinematic depth of field, if there's an option like that. Try turning that off.