Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

incorporeal posted:

Heard this game looks like a ps1 game now. Confirm or Deny?

Witcher 3 is confirmed for the Amiga and Atari 2600

N-Gage support has been neither confirmed nor denied at this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

This reminds me of the Bloodborne debacle. Just look at this downgrade, it's sickening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn6-pxyjlWg&feature=youtu.be

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man, this sucks. I'm way too antsy to play this to focus on any other game since I got my W2 saves, this thread has nothing to talk about and the entire rest of the internet seems to consist of nothing but repetitive and stupid "downgrade" complaints. Why couldn't this game have released on Friday, gently caress, I'm not gonna have a lot of time to play on Monday due to having work the next day, and here I am, sitting at home in the weekend, with no interest in playing anything else.

Popular games should release on Fridays, IMHO.

Witcher 3 pushed back until Friday, May 22 due to fan outrage

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

They aren't large, it's under 700 pages combining both.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Poetic Justice posted:

She was 13-14 in the books, I believe. I haven't read them, just going off what I've heard elsewhere.

She's around 16 in the last book

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Doubt it

I don't see anything wrong with the trees in this picture

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Almost everyone is ultra racist in The Witcher

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Since this game will focus on the Wild Hunt, I wonder if we'll get to see the world that elves rule in? They're complete dicks over there.

Lycus posted:

Roche's Path means no bro-ing out with the Vergeni dwarves or Dandelion, and Zoltan is loving miserable.

This is a big part of why I went with Iorveth, honestly. Why would I pick Roche over them?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It doesn't matter whether it works in Polish because you're listening to/reading the English translation.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Translations aren't one to one.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Witcher 3 will be 80% off on Steam in like a year or two, if that helps you avoid double dipping.

Honestly if you ever plan to go physical, I think it's smarter to find a place that will break street date than it is to preorder.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Drifter posted:

gently caress it. I'm going iorveth!

Good :colbert:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It's not really archaic in America either. It's not common but people would know what you meant if you said it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Curse you PS4 and your waiting to unlock until you're actually supposed to :argh: Only a minute now. Was that patch I downloaded with the preload last week the day one patch, or will there be another when it unlocks?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Game looks great on PS4

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

When do you make your decisions for a simulated Witcher 2 save? I know I chose to simulate but I'm currently in the inn after you save that guy from the griffon and suddenly I'm not so sure anymore.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Done some quests, killed some ghouls. Game's fun but I'm still just not feeling the combat. I'm pretty ok with the game becoming easy, as I've heard is the case, because, as with The Witcher 2, I'm just not feeling the fighting. I like the game so far though. It's bright, colorful, the world is beautiful (wasn't expecting to run into the edge of the world so easily though - I wonder if the open world is more Dragon Age Inquisition than it is Skyrim), the Batman-esque detective vision stuff for the monsters is great, and Geralt's a cool guy. It's fun.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Minsky posted:

Man this game kept the fun combat from Witcher 2, fixed all the annoying parts about the user interface and mechanics (e.g. medallion spam, sign switching on a gamepad, alchemy being tedious), and then added an open world on top of it. Yep this game is pretty good.

Is it an open world, or is it sectioned off like in DAI? Because I've found the edge of the map already and I can't scroll that far in any one direction when I look at the local map. Maybe it's just like that because it's the first area and it's gating me from leaving the place until I've killed the griffin or what have you.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

1stGear posted:

It's sectioned off into a few different chunks. You can see them if you check the full world map.

That said, each chunk is way, way bigger than DAI's levels.

That's honestly pretty disappointing. Oh well.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

So I'm talking with the herbalist, just getting the Claer dialog out of the way before I complete the On Death's Bed quest when Lena just fuckin walks through the door and lies down. You're not hurt at all, are you lady?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

g-c posted:

Do you ever find out if the swallow potion helps Lena? It's said that it could take a couple days and a couple days later no more info. I'm assuming it did?

No clue but I'm sure she's fine.

I did like the attention to detail on that quest though - it only takes one use of the potion.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bears are absolutely pathetic. Take forever to kill though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Well, I guess I'm not surprised. Bummer but what could you have done?

Also that quest gives 350 experience, gently caress not doing it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

queeb posted:

I'm like 5 hours in and still in the prologue, it's awesome. There's a quest which gives you a disgustingly good matching pair of swords hidden out there.

Where is this quest? I'm looking around before tackling the griffin and I've hit every point of interest/question mark on the map and have no clue where to look next.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Limited inventory space is the only thing that sucks about this game. I hate single player RPGs that feel the need to do that, which I realize is all of them.

Yeah it's lame and really goes against the open world spirit of picking up everything that isn't bolted down. It doesn't add anything, it's just tedious and annoying.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

queeb posted:

There's a bandit camp by the ransacked village in the south. There's a corpse in there with a pattern and a letter which starts the quest.

Is that the Viper School scavenger hunt? No clue where to look for that (it's probably in the camp and I was too lazy to check) but I'll see if I can't find it. Thanks.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jesus emerald dust is expensive. Where can I find this stuff out in the world, where it won't be nearly 600 gold?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

I found one in, I think, a monster nest after I blew it up. I really want to find another one so I can be rocking both Viper swords though.

Can I go back to White Orchard after I advance the plot?

Bummer, I blew all of those up and didn't get one. Though I may have forgotten to loot one so I guess I'll try and find that. Hopefully the loot is still there.

The detective stuff is really cool. Definitely my favorite part of the game so far, I like how it's presented.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Gonkish posted:

Holy poo poo this game is so good. God drat.

My horse is magic and I can just whistle for him and there he is no matter what. Best horse ever. Also, boobs. Game of the Year? Game of the Year 2015: Awesome Horse + Occasional Boobs: the Game

If you whistle for Roach while you're looking at him, he'll disappear and reappear behind you

Also I've killed everything so, unless I wanna wait until things start respawning, I guess I just don't get my second emerald dust :(

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I wonder what the difference between the choices after killing the griffin are? It wasn't that big a deal.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Not long after you kill the griffin

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

GrossMurpel posted:

I can't play this game until thursday :negative:
How did the equipment repairing turn out? Do you have to spend 90% of your coin on constant repairs?

It's not that bad. It's pointless and annoying but you shouldn't be seeing things break on you. Takes a while to whittle your stuff down.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 10:49 on May 19, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

Is there realistically any reason to get a console ver of this over the PC ver?

Personal preference or if you can't run it on PC

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I couldn't even buy two emerald dusts with that much money.

Emerald dust :argh:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

The guy in the lower left is actually one of the wild hunt characters, but he's out of costume- two other wild hunt peeps were here too but not in the picture.

He doesn't seem like nearly enough of a douchebag to be an elf

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Badly Jester posted:

Yeah, I'm probably going to flip-flop between the independent north and Nilfgaard quite a lot. Nilfgaard kind of reminds me of the legion in F:NV, only slightly more humane. They can be dicks, but it seems to be for the the greater good.

Both sides suck, it's just a matter of which side you tolerate the most. Though yeah even in the books it was hard to care about whether the North won or lost the war. The reason Geralt didn't like Nilfgaard was because they were trying to abduct Ciri.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Michaellaneous posted:

The witcher sense mode is really creepy at times. In forests you suddenly hear all those branches and leaves, monsters and wolves, and it abandoned buildings you hear creeks and poo poo.

Spooky.

Maybe my game was glitching out, but I could always hear the branches being super loud. It got pretty nuts when the wind started up.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

You craft a potion once, you get a potion item with a certain # of charges (I think the charges are affected by your skills). When you meditate, any potions refill their charges if you have alcohol in your inventory, one per potion that needs to be refilled. You still need ingredients later because most potions have multiple upgrades that require the base potion as an ingredient, but you don't need to hoard flowers obsessively. This system is a little weird feeling at first, but it's effectively cured me of my open-world OCD.

EDIT: Herbs also respawn *really* fast so there's no reason to pick every flower.

If I want to get caught in an infinitely recurring loop of picking up the same ten flowers forever, you can't stop me. I will have all of the flowers. I'm sure I could use them for something.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CrusherEAGLE posted:

How do I get up to level 4 for the main quest of killing the gryiffin? Do I go around and look for question marks or something? So far I've only encountered a couple of sidequests, not nearly enough for me to level up to 4.

I found and did everything except for a few of the treasure caches and went up to level 3 during the griffon hunt quest. You get experience for parts of it, not just for completing it. You don't need to be level 4 and I think the quest itself asks you be level 3 anyway.

Arglebargle III posted:

Is there seriously nobody else freaking out about these damage numbers? Did nobody else play through the previous games ~4 times with damage numbers turned off?

I like damage numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Metal Bear posted:

Ideally what level should you be when you leave White Orchard? I'm at 3, but I'm seeing a lot of mobs around White Orchard that are 7+, same goes for the quests in Velen. I did all the notice board quests in White Orchard and cleared out a couple of hamlets/shrines.

Level 3 is as far as you're gonna go without spending a year grinding on wolves.

fake edit: when I left White Orchard, I went up to level 4