Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Drifter posted:

Hey, Orv, are those PC screenshots up there the older ones from a year ago, or are they the newer, downgraded shots?
No crayon-pants, obviously pre-downgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Diet Crack posted:

Has anyone who preorded through greenmangaming received their GOG key yet to begin preloading? It's 5 hours to release and still nada :(
CDPR refused to sell any keys to GMG, so GMG is reselling keys they had to buy somewhere else. It's possible that they might not actually have any keys to give out yet.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Levantine posted:

So for reals, what is the PS4 version comparable to graphically on the PC? My setup is fine to run it medium to high according to the Witcher 3 benchmarks, but I don't know at what FPS.

My specs are i7-3820
GTX 760 4GB
16 GB of Ram

My GPU looks like its well below recommended specs though. Will this cause a child to die of cancer?
As far as I know, the only places with the day 1 patch for pc are CDPR (who aren't talking) and a german website which claims that the day 1 patch enables a bunch of ultra effects which were missing on the earlier pc builds. And possibly nvidia, but they just used their version to benchmark different settings on a titan-x sli system because they could. PS4 will probably be a mix of medium and high at 30fps max, but it's really hard to know for sure until the usual spergs sites get their hands on the released PC version to compare it.

Edit: Your processor and video card are both better than the ones in the PS4, so if you can't at least match the PS4's performance then CDPR really messed up.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Ice Fist posted:

So this is basically the game I'll be playing tonight right?
No, shadows had to be removed to enforce console parity.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Mike the TV posted:

I just started and I have the graphics set as high as I can (for a 270) and the grass and leaves are super low-quality. I have texture and grass density set to the highest level and it still looks like I'm wandering around a watercolor painting. Is there a setting that I'm missing?
Even on ultra the foliage has a bit of a watercolor affect going on, I'm pretty sure it's an artistic choice by the devs (and also responsible for a good chunk of the downgrade talk).

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Basebf555 posted:

I don't think I really understood the world map when I was playing last night. The whole beginning area where you get the contract to kill the Griffyn seems fairly large, but then I got to the Vizima Castle portion, and I think I got confused by the fact that the whole thing is self-contained and not really connected to the rest of the world. Now I'm supposed to go to a new area to track Cirri, and I see it on the map but I can't tell if its just a small town or if I'm about to open up a whole new map. Do these icons for other locations on the map open up other, larger areas or are they all self-contained smaller places like Vizima Castle?
Vizima and Kaer Morhen are smaller places, the initial griffon-killing area is a smallish tutorial area, Velen/No Man's Land and the Skellige Islands are much larger open-world maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

PirateBob posted:

Running a i5 2500k and a gtx 660 and getting somewhat less than satisfying fps, no matter if settings are on Low or on Ultra... :confused: Would overclocking the CPU help noticably?

SSAO/HBAO and Hairworks are both off, ofc. So is Anti-aliasing.
The processor is fine, you really need to upgrade your video card to get much improvement.

With that said, why the hell did you buy a 2500K and not overclock? Overclock it already, you're wasting one of the best processors for OCing right now.