Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

hopterque posted:

I'm not so sure, what he's trying to do is pretty obvious.

Less than 30 hours left, hold it together thread.

I only have to stay up 19 and then knock out some benadryl, wake up and it'll be ready. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Comrade Flynn posted:

The save games in the OP - do they all have the tattoo? This is important.

None do. There is a save with tattoo on the first page of the thread.

Orv
May 4, 2011

VDay posted:

Are there any monster/quest differences between the difficulties? Or is it just stats? Trying to decide whether to play this on the hardest or second-hardest to start.

They haven't said anything about story changes as a result, and they don't seem like the kind of devs to do that.

E: One of their balance designers said on the IGN streams that there would not be more mobs per difficulty.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

I read in some review or another that on higher difficulties you get less EXP as a whole, but I have no idea how true that is. I've also heard vague rumors about monsters getting more attacks in higher difficulties but way less certain about that one.

I would treat things like that as other-games-have-this presumptions until proven.

Orv
May 4, 2011
There are weapon runes. The only one they've really shown off is % chance to ignite a target on hit, but there are probably quite a few that do less obvious things.

Watching Mel Gibson Murders Everybody seems like an oddly poetic way to pass the time.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Elukka posted:

This is one of my favorite parts. Witcher 3 pretty much seems to have the most realistic medieval armor designs in video games which is kinda amusing. They make good use of colors too.

It's funny, the only armor that's particularly egregious in the fantasy department (that I've seen) is the starting armor, with its bizarre chain spaulders.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hallowed posted:

I rather like the look of it :/

I didn't mean it looks bad! Just from a reality standpoint vis a vis armor vaguely of the period, it's a bit odd.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Anyone know how much of 3 will be monster hunting? Will it be a side thing of a fundamental and necessary part of the game?

It's a good chunk of the side activities; caves, ruins and such usually have a monster nest to destroy. There are at least a few contracts on larger scale monsters, the initial griffon and another giant bird hybrid of some sort I've forgotten the name of. It's a way larger part of the game his time, along with the return to a serious need for preparation for the bigger ones.

Orv
May 4, 2011

GrossMurpel posted:

Yeah I think one review said you should probably play one difficulty higher than you intended to.

There's nothing above Death March. :smith:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Watching CohhCarnage's stream: The PC controls are loving insane. Left Shift + LMB for heavy strikes, Z to lock on, LAlt to short dodge, WASD + Space makes a little more sense for roll at least.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mr E posted:

Will we be able to change the difficulty during the game? Cause if we can I might as well start on hardest.

You can, and it modifies stats of enemies on the fly, no reload necessary.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pigbottom posted:

That sucks. Since we can seamless use both gamepad and kb+m I´m considering using the gamepad for general gameplay and kb+m for inventory management.

I believe you can rebind everything on PC, so it's just the default stuff that's completely crazy.

Orv
May 4, 2011
24 hours motherfuckers. Make peace with your social lives, such as they may be.

Orv
May 4, 2011

VanillaGorilla posted:

Watching this PC stream from earlier - I'm really digging the side quests that have Geralt playing CSI monster hunter. If this game is is basically 100 hours of solving cool monster mysteries and playing Gwent it's going to be the GOAT.

About half monster mysteries and half people mysteries, it's looking. And who are the real monsters there anyway.

It's the trolls.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The best part of that stream as far as I've watched, is the first fight in the game proper, he stumbles past one of the horses and without any enemies nearby the horse lashes out and fucks his poo poo up. He is so confused by it, it's great.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Slate Action posted:

Yes.

Wait, you can be attacked by your own horse? Did I read this wrong?

I don't know the mechanics behind it, but I imagine if you walk behind a horse when the horse is flagged as combat it'll try and kick whatever is behind it, even if that's you.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Man XBox voice recognition is a pile of goddamn poo poo.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pwnstar posted:

I laugh every time at that cutscene where Roche falls off a bridge, rolls to his feet as he yells gently caress and immediately punches a dude in the face.

I didn't think about it until later, but that moment chose my W2 path for me an hour and a half before I knew it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh that's right, that's chapter two, what was I conflating it with? Traveling to Flotsam maybe? He's a snarky rear end in a top hat there.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Looking back at some of those Witcher 2 cutscenes, was the lip syncing really that bad or are the people recording it just lagging? I haven't played in a couple years but I don't remember it being that noticeable.

It wasn't great.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Huh, have they stepped it up with 3?

Some of the best faces and facial animation video games have ever seen.

E: Skip to 50 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnIxXtthiYw

Orv fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 18, 2015

Orv
May 4, 2011

Drifter posted:

I'm not looking at trailers, but is that a cinematic animation, or an ingame animation? You know the difference I'm talking about, don't argue semantics.

I would never. Cinematic. Characters do actually 'talk' when walking about though. The quality there is less easy to discern but it is noticeable.

Orv
May 4, 2011
poo poo, should have named the thread Etc: Roach & Broche Ride Again.

Orv
May 4, 2011

RentACop posted:

That's pretty much where I'm wavering on save games, Roche is a bro, but I like the idea of Vergen. I think it'll depend on whether 3 tracks Henselt's status

Kaedwen is basically a non-entity in 3.

Orv
May 4, 2011
"Why do people hate elves so much?"

Exhibit A: Elves

Exhibit B: Iorveth

Exhibit C: Xzibit

Orv
May 4, 2011

Anti-Hero posted:

I know this is from the first page, but first off thanks for the save file. It mirrors my first playthrough choices minus letting Sile live. However, when I copy the save files in to my save directory I absolutely cannot seem to have them show up in-game. This may or may not be a problem come tomorrow when TW3 unlocks, but should I be worried?

Are either of you using any sort of mods? Only thing I can really think of.

Also one interesting thing came out of watching that Youtube personalities stream. He seemed to intimate that CDPR will be releasing W2 saves with certain setups on their own. No idea of the truth of that, he said "this is the first save CDPR will be releasing, with the tattoo, getting the dagger for Iorveth and [I forget the rest.]"

Orv
May 4, 2011

Drifter posted:

Plough is used when you want to plant seeds, so it works in context.

We as normal people have tons of euphamisms for fuckin' people, so it's not that dbig a difference. And it's works, especially since they don't use stupid poo poo like 'frak' (gently caress you Battlestar Ga-FRACK-tica!!!).

Frak you Helo, you ploughing gibbon.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is plough a direct translation from a Polish word for gently caress, or something else?

I don't think anyone really says gently caress in the books, so it might be a weird compromise?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Psiharis posted:

I'm positive The Witcher isn't the first place to use 'plough.' I can't think of other examples offhand but it's very graphic in a shakespearean sort of way and calls to mind related terms like 'rutting' so... it's not exactly a stretch.

It's a somewhat common fantasy show/movie/book replacement for gently caress, etymology aside.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

It matters if you're curious about bad language in Polish. Isn't everyone curious about cursing in other languages?

Being a filth polyglot is very important for survival language courses.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ville Valo posted:

I'm playing on XBox One and getting "You cannot save your game right now" way too often. Autosaves seem to have halted, too. I've already lost hours of progress thanks to this poo poo; I'm about ready to return the game.

There's a small buffer of time after state changes that you can't save. Combat, conversations and taking damage are the ones I'm aware of. Might be another issue though.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ville Valo posted:

I've just stood around in town for a few minutes and there's no change; same with running out of town (thought maybe I was too close to something important?) and it won't save there either.

That sounds like a bug. I'd hold off returning it if the Xbox doesn't already have the day 1 patch, but if it does, who knows.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Lord Lambeth posted:

Has the day one patch been applied? Considering it's day -1, perhaps waiting for the problem to resolve itself will work.

The PS4 preload got a secondary update on the day the D1 notes for it got posted, couldn't say for bone.

Orv
May 4, 2011

RatHat posted:

Does the PS4 version unlock at 6 EST or is that just the PC version?

Global across all platforms. 7PM EST

Orv
May 4, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Plough the fuckin' Lilies, how much of the map is set in Temeria?

The lowest quarter of the largest area is the No Mans Land between Redania and Nilfgaard-occupied Temeria. White Orchard is mostly Temerian.

Orv
May 4, 2011

turtlecrunch posted:

He says "witcher's code" like it isn't something he's just making up as he goes along.

Gotta sell it so people stop asking you to murder people.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Comrade Flynn posted:

Ugh. Just now got to Chapter 3 in my 2 playthrough. How much longer?

Two hours if you ignore side stuff.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Stop responding to obvious trolls.

Orv
May 4, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Yep, doesn't matter though, can't play until the official release. GoG refuses to do DRM so the PC version will be very easy to pirate. This is why there are console versions, otherwise Witcher 3 would make no money.

This has never been and never will be true of PC piracy.

They're releasing the day 1 patch for free anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Spikeguy posted:

What about cream cheese. This is very important.

Cream cheese is not a valid choice. Riot in the streets.