Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

Almost everyone is ultra racist in The Witcher
Makes sense since unlike the real world, fantasy worlds actually have different races with biological meaning.

Anyway, Roche is a loveable rear end in a top hat, but Iorveth is just an rear end in a top hat. Even when he's not trying to be, it comes out that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Roche's Path means no bro-ing out with the Vergeni dwarves or Dandelion, and Zoltan is loving miserable.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Since this game will focus on the Wild Hunt, I wonder if we'll get to see the world that elves rule in? They're complete dicks over there.

Lycus posted:

Roche's Path means no bro-ing out with the Vergeni dwarves or Dandelion, and Zoltan is loving miserable.

This is a big part of why I went with Iorveth, honestly. Why would I pick Roche over them?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

golden posted:

I'm selling a Witcher 3 GOG key. I have no idea if this is the place to do that. I also have no idea if this will result in a ban. $25!

Try SA-Mart

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...

Archimago posted:

Who is Hitler dwarf?

Yarpen. Minor part in TW2 but has a larger role in the books, so who knows. Scroll to bottom for full unwashed combover glory. http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Yarpen_Zigrin

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I know but he straight up beats Roche in a fight before you leave and then lets him live because he "doesn't kill the last of a species". Iorveth's pretty dope too. Roche is cooler but his path is just filled with people I want to murder.

Actually, the winner of that duel is whoever you chose as your routesplit. On Roche's route he's the one that wins.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
That scene is stupid either way, and should've been cut.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

If you do Iorveths path you can find and watch his dream in the Harpy caves. It shows him chilling out in a house in Vergen with a table full of food and smoking a pipe. I think that although he's really good at killing humans, dude just wants to stop now and enjoy some peace. He fights because he has to because that's how it works in this lovely world, fight back or be trampled. Saskia and Iorveth can see that it needs everybody to take a risk and just stop so they all can chillout and become friends and lalalala , something, something, naiveity.

Seriously though, I love the fact that they try it and let this egalitarian idea loose in the world. If it doesn't work for them it'll work for somebody down the line.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Roche is the cooler dude but the Iorveth path has you help do something good for the non-human people, even if it probably isn't going to last.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Archimago posted:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzrCC9Udy84jZGNRSkpRUW9VdXM/view?usp=sharing

-TATTOO PRESENT :siren:
-Scoi'atel Path in TW1 (probably doesn't matter)
-Adda's Curse Lifted in TW1 (probably doesn't matter)
-Aryan Alive
-Iorveth's Path
-Saved girls, Loredo lives (but iirc it's heavily implied he dies later, or runs away into exile?)
-Stennis Alive
-Saskia Alive, but still mind-controlled. Have the quest item dagger (which also means helped keep Iorveth alive when he was on that cart or whatever)
-Saved Triss in Act 3 (all dem Nilfgaardians be dead)
-No Mage blood bath in city afterwards
-Sile Spared
-Letho Spared
-Operator defeated, have his staff
-Completed on Dark, have the dark items (probably doesn't matter)
-Birdman Harpy quest completed (hopefully matters)
-All sidequests completed (it's possible I missed the special armor you get from following the quest you get from the destroyed boat, I can't remember if that was this playthrough or the other one. Probably not important anyway)
-All Trolls spared (I am not a monster, dammit!)

That's all the highlights I can think of. If I failed to mention something important feel free to ask and I can probably remember or load the game up to figure out.

.zip includes two .sav files and their .bmp thumbnails, which I doubt you actually need but threw it in there anyway.

AutoSave_0313.sav is the one you want for import. ManualSave_0312.sav is right outside the door to talk to Letho, so you can load the game up and verify tattoo is there, go through that Letho infodump, or look at inventory/questlog/whatever.

Hope it is of some use to people without save files but who made all the Right Choices. :smug:

I know this is from the first page, but first off thanks for the save file. It mirrors my first playthrough choices minus letting Sile live. However, when I copy the save files in to my save directory I absolutely cannot seem to have them show up in-game. This may or may not be a problem come tomorrow when TW3 unlocks, but should I be worried?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I'm going through the Witcher 2 again and I can't decide what I which path I want more for Wild Hunt more. It will probably end up being Iorveth, but for some reason I always preferred Roche's path.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
So, what's with "plough"?

It makes sense as a substitute for a naughty word if you're trying to keep the game PG-rated, but then they go ahead and use "gently caress" constantly anyway.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Anti-Hero posted:

I know this is from the first page, but first off thanks for the save file. It mirrors my first playthrough choices minus letting Sile live. However, when I copy the save files in to my save directory I absolutely cannot seem to have them show up in-game. This may or may not be a problem come tomorrow when TW3 unlocks, but should I be worried?

Are either of you using any sort of mods? Only thing I can really think of.

Also one interesting thing came out of watching that Youtube personalities stream. He seemed to intimate that CDPR will be releasing W2 saves with certain setups on their own. No idea of the truth of that, he said "this is the first save CDPR will be releasing, with the tattoo, getting the dagger for Iorveth and [I forget the rest.]"

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Airfoil posted:

It makes sense as a substitute for a naughty word if you're trying to keep the game PG-rated, but then they go ahead and use "gently caress" constantly anyway.
I think it beats the hell out of "gently caress" in the mental imagery department.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Airfoil posted:

Plough is used when you want to plant seeds, so it works in context. It's the pre-modern equivalent to bang, maybe. Since they don't have guns.

We as normal people have tons of euphamisms for fuckin' people, so it's not that dbig a difference. And it's works, especially since they don't use stupid poo poo like 'frak' (gently caress you Battlestar Ga-FRACK-tica!!! I still love you though).

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Lycus posted:

Was it even in the game originally, or was it added in the EE like the patronizing fourth-wall Dandelion narration? It makes no sense at all that Roche would be alone in the forest, nor that Iorveth wouldn't kill him. You can ask Iorveth about Roche in Vergen and all he talks about is how he has to kill Roche, because to the Scoia'tael he's a loving demon, and is only getting better at his job the longer he's alive.

**Incidentally, I love that in the prologue (right after opening the gate for Foltest), when Geralt mentions seeing Scoia'tael, Roche immediately asks where, how many, and what colors they wore.

Cheston fucked around with this message at 04:32 on May 18, 2015

Orv
May 4, 2011

Drifter posted:

Plough is used when you want to plant seeds, so it works in context.

We as normal people have tons of euphamisms for fuckin' people, so it's not that dbig a difference. And it's works, especially since they don't use stupid poo poo like 'frak' (gently caress you Battlestar Ga-FRACK-tica!!!).

Frak you Helo, you ploughing gibbon.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Cheston posted:

Was it even in the game originally, or was it added in the EE like the patronizing fourth-wall Dandelion narration? It makes no sense at all that Roche would be alone in the forest, nor that Iorveth wouldn't kill him. You can ask Iorveth about Roche in Vergen and all he talks about is how he has to kill Roche, because to the Scoia'tael he's a loving demon, and is only getting better at his job the longer he's alive.

No, it was in the game originally; I remember it being a lot harder too. In general, I really dislike the sections (Broche/Coolveth flashback, Ghost battlefield) where you take control of other characters, solely on the basis that they take away roll-dodges and signs. The latter I can understand, but seriously, why rolling? Roche does it all the time! :v:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is plough a direct translation from a Polish word for gently caress, or something else?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is plough a direct translation from a Polish word for gently caress, or something else?

I don't think anyone really says gently caress in the books, so it might be a weird compromise?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I'm going to plough the land and spread my seed far and wide.

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Look at this city slicker

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...
I'm positive The Witcher isn't the first place to use 'plough.' I can't think of other examples offhand but it's very graphic in a shakespearean sort of way and calls to mind related terms like 'rutting' so... it's not exactly a stretch.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

A BIG loving BLUNT posted:

Look at this city slicker
I mean, do Poles usually use their word for plough to mean gently caress or not.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Psiharis posted:

I'm positive The Witcher isn't the first place to use 'plough.' I can't think of other examples offhand but it's very graphic in a shakespearean sort of way and calls to mind related terms like 'rutting' so... it's not exactly a stretch.

It's a somewhat common fantasy show/movie/book replacement for gently caress, etymology aside.

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I mean, do Poles usually use their word for plough to mean gently caress or not.

No idea, but plough is an English word so I doubt it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It doesn't matter whether it works in Polish because you're listening to/reading the English translation.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

It doesn't matter whether it works in Polish because you're listening to/reading the English translation.
It matters if you're curious about bad language in Polish. Isn't everyone curious about cursing in other languages?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Farming Simulator 15 comes out on the same day. Sorry, this game is going to be collecting some dust for a while.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

It matters if you're curious about bad language in Polish. Isn't everyone curious about cursing in other languages?

Being a filth polyglot is very important for survival language courses.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Translations aren't one to one.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Anti-Hero posted:

Is your TW2 a Steam version? If so, are cloud saves enabled? If that's enabled, the directory it looks for saves changes, but I'm not sure to where. Probably somewhere in the steam folder. You could try finding that folder or disabling cloud saves.

I was using mods for that playthrough but only texture ones, iirc. Even if I was using some others, it shouldn't affect the save files at all. I'd wager it's the cloud save thing.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

That location would be Steam\userdata\XXXXX\20920\remote

XXXXX being your unique Steam ID

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Lycus posted:

But it's so much fun playing as other characters (with only like 2 lovely basic sword attacks). :downs:

As for plough, like the other person mentioned it's not exactly a euphemism limited to the Witcher. I'd imagine they use it both to give the dialogue some colloquial flavor and so every single character/NPC isn't saying "gently caress" every 5 seconds. They say it constantly and just imagining every instance of plough being replaced with gently caress would sound kind ridiculous and over the top even by Witcher standards. Also takes some of the impact away when it's used as a curse.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Archimago posted:

Is your TW2 a Steam version? If so, are cloud saves enabled? If that's enabled, the directory it looks for saves changes, but I'm not sure to where. Probably somewhere in the steam folder. You could try finding that folder or disabling cloud saves.

I was using mods for that playthrough but only texture ones, iirc. Even if I was using some others, it shouldn't affect the save files at all. I'd wager it's the cloud save thing.

Yes, I'm on the steam version. At one point I used steam cloud, but then disabled it. I found my saves in Steam\userdata\XXXXX\20920\remote but still no luck putting your saves in there and having it show up. Are you on the GoG version?

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Are there any non-retarded streamers for this? Every one I look at has a giant facecam, and some huge fuckoff banner pop up every time someone subs, covering up half the game.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

megalodong posted:

Are there any non-retarded streamers for this? Every one I look at has a giant facecam, and some huge fuckoff banner pop up every time someone subs, covering up half the game.

Welcome to Twitch.tv.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Anti-Hero posted:

Yes, I'm on the steam version. At one point I used steam cloud, but then disabled it. I found my saves in Steam\userdata\XXXXX\20920\remote but still no luck putting your saves in there and having it show up. Are you on the GoG version?

No, steam. You tried putting them in Documents/WItcher 2/gamesaves, right? Make sure it didn't extract to a sub folder and it's just gamesaves/.sav files?

A random thought I just had...You have to beat the game on Hard to get access to Dark, right? I don't actually remember. It may not be showing up because it's a dark save and you never beat the game on Hard? (Assuming that's the way it works, I don't remember.)

I don't even know what happens if you try to load the final autosave, I've never tried. but the manual save should load.

e. ALso, are you copying the .sav files and the .bmp files? I don't know if that matters, but it might.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

megalodong posted:

Yep that's a streamer. Just be glad they don't have some loud obnoxious sound effect that plays every time someone donates money (do they? :ohdear: ).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I'm playing on XBox One and getting "You cannot save your game right now" way too often. Autosaves seem to have halted, too. I've already lost hours of progress thanks to this poo poo; I'm about ready to return the game.