Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Dallan Invictus posted:

That was always the schedule, to my recollection.

(except that apparently people are saying Microsoft hosed up again and unlocked the DLC early for Xbox One players.)

I probably can't tell time then but I swear it was set at 5pm EST 3 or 4 days ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Revol posted:

Ugh. Is there a VPN way to get earlier access? I've got the day off today, so I'd be all set to play now. But with 7PM, I really would have no chance to play tonight, since I've gotta watch my team in the Stanley Cup finals.

Well if you have it on the xbox one it might have released early otherwise no. It releases at the same time for everyone

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Are there any big hitter graphics settings I should change to get my framerate closer to 60? I'm on excellent hardware but never quite seem to hold steady.

Also, what new UI? I started playing a few hours ago, presumably before the expansion launched. Do I not get it 'cos I'm an expansionless plebian :(

Largest ones are turning off hairworks if it's on. Ultra shadows down to high (or medium) is another big one. Foliage distance down from ultra to high/medium and grass density down from ultra to high/medium are also larger performance ones.

edit: The new ui should still be there so long as you're on patch 1.20(1.21?). They put in subcategories in the main categories for the inventory. For example under equipment weapons are in one box, armor is next to it, etc. Alchemy items are broken out between bombs, potions, and oils etc and so forth. They also made a metric ton of other changes like making it easier to find new notes/books when you get them (hold down L3 to pop up all unread notes)

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 31, 2016

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I just got to Velen and both my weapons are broke and I can't find anywhere with a smith, this map is loving huge wtf :(

Push come to shove you can always fast travel back to white orchard and talk to that dwarf smith in town.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Horse racing may be broken in general.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Baiard posted:

Like what? I don't see anything except content and DLC folders containing game data files. I have it on GOG so I assume you're talking about steam.

New Comic (Killing Monsters). Some more wallpapers, concept art, and renders too.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Skateboarding Geralt mod is kind of amazing

No really.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

mysterious frankie posted:

I.. can... IGNORE... things?

I don't... what is this, some kind of fanciful utopian dream?

I mean 95% of the ocean ?s are just some gold and treasure or whatever. So yeah you can ignore them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Hobo Clown posted:

Which 5% are worth checking out? I've already been to Tyrion Island.

You probably already went to all the good ones.