Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Rukus posted:

Not caring for Dandelion's new voice actor at all. Why'd they make him all gruff sounding?

Same guy, according to IMDb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I really apreciate that CDProjekt made a useful horse. Not like DA:I

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Meditating a day or so brings your beard back. :v: It actually took me off guard, I knew it was gonna grow back, but not that quickly.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

My dumb rear end hole horse regularly spawns inside a fenced in area, spins in a circle for awhile, then tramples some random farmer. It's funny but it wastes a lot of time.

Still better than Dragon Age's horse.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

You craft a potion once, you get a potion item with a certain # of charges (I think the charges are affected by your skills). When you meditate, any potions refill their charges if you have alcohol in your inventory, one per potion that needs to be refilled. You still need ingredients later because most potions have multiple upgrades that require the base potion as an ingredient, but you don't need to hoard flowers obsessively. This system is a little weird feeling at first, but it's effectively cured me of my open-world OCD.

EDIT: Herbs also respawn *really* fast so there's no reason to pick every flower.

I still have a lot of trouble finding that one herb I need so I do keep running around and picking up everything.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The game is much more GPU locked than CPU locked. I have an i5 3570k @ 4.2 and a 750ti and I just left it on the default settings the game was at and it's locked to like 30fps

However the game seems to get hardlock and crash happy in menus :\

Yeah I have about the same rig as you and I've purposely dialed everything down lower than it probably needs to be. It seems to reduce the crashes, at least for me.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

The bloody baron is a cool guy. I hope he doesn't end up being a slaver or something down the road, I don't want to kill him. :ohdear:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

looking around online, you can respec if you buy something called a potion of clearance, so I'm not too worried about choosing the wrong skills.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I've been avoiding gwent because I heard it was crashy? Is it like Pazaak in the Kotor games?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Keket posted:

Yeah i am, its that 3 man sword fight in the tavern, i've got it on story and swords, dodge and block and just end up getting murdered every time.

Abuse Quen?

adhuin posted:

Dwarffucker! I've made so many Cat-potions, by destroying the old spent ones and cooking new. I just blamed the new game bugs that left spent items in your inventory.

I must have skipped that particular tutorial.
I don't recall that bit being mentioned.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Important to note that rolling away will use up a bunch of stamina but just dodging won't use up any. You can dodge all you want and still use signs, not the other way around.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Verranicus posted:

In case you all didn't know, F5 is quicksave like in every other Witcher game. No excuse not to tap it before approaching a quest objective/POI.

Do they overwrite each other?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

For anyone that wants to make a little extra: It should be obvious, but always bet the max amount on something you're doing. If you lose you can always just reload.

That's like video game gambling 101

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

1stGear posted:

Death March is so good. Makes me actually feel like a pro as gently caress witcher after every fight.

I feel like I might play on the higher difficulties this game around. The combat is a total improvement once you get used to it.

Solartide posted:

Where did you get the recipe for specter oil? The quest guide told me to apply it to my weapon, but I coulda sworn I didn't have the recipe for it.

You should have it by default, check the alchemy tab.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

Do we know for sure that's Dandelion? It sounds like Vesimir to me. If Dandelion is telling the story though, it would have to be in the future, since he's cleary not with Geralt in the beginning of the game.

are you guys talking about the inbetween narration? because that's totally Vesimir. He's not as good a narrator as Dandelion was yeah.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Feenix posted:

Anyone know where I can find a Dwarven Spirit for the Swallow potion I need for this girl?

Basically any bar.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Contingency Plan posted:

There's definitely been a shift in art direction since W2 and to be honest I find the new focus on bright primary colours to be really incongruous with the grimdark and frequently crass setting of The Witcher. It's jarring for a game to touch on super-serious topics like racism and genocide while using a colour palette right out of Super Mario World.

I have a game here that may suit your interests.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

rocode posted:

If you keep losing an absurd amount of health due to falling, remember that pressing jump just before impact causes you to tuck and roll, reducing or negating damage.

either I missed a tutorial or this was never mentioned.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

This game still has that weird enemy selection problem. No I don't want to fight that drowner just because it wandered into view, I just wanna kill this water hag.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

g-c posted:

Seriously, where da brothels at? I'm tryna get Geralt some box.

Probably in the big cities, but nobody has gotten to them yet. :v:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I like the one skill that lets you parry arrows because gently caress are archers annoying in this game.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

The herbalist in valena has a potion of clearance(i.e. a respec potion). You can't really miss her either, she's involved in a story quest.

Sekenr posted:

This is the one witcher contract so far that forced me to abandon the last stage and come back later with more levels and equipment. In other news a certain quest invoving dungeon crawling together with a "witch" was absolutely incredible
Yeah this quest was rad.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

RatHat posted:

Is there any way to respec in this game? I think I'm gonna go the Signs route instead and I'd prefer not to restart if I don't have to.

Look out for something called Potion of Clearance. I saw one in Keira Metz' inventory.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

SpRahl posted:

Someone please confirm or deny that tattoo gets imported?

according to ~the internet~ Ves and Roche actually react to it.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I finally did it. 11 hours in and I finally got my first sex scene. Witcher 1 and 2 started with sex scenes, CDProjekt is slipping. I also bumped into Letho.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 20, 2015

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

For some reason the game won't let me get a screenshot, but does anyone know what a spiral sun insignia means? I see it when I witcher sense look at some highlighted rocks in a ruin in velen but nothing obvious seems to do anything.

You get a item in a story quest that gets rid of it.

Gobblecoque posted:

Game was running fine for a long rear end time last night but tonight it's crashed like 3 times in the span of a couple hours gently caress

edit: also the plot summary whenever you load a save were cool at first but are getting old really quick

Deus Ex: HR just had some text for you rather than narration and I think that works better.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Yennifer is kind of a bitch to be honest. Though I think everyone in the lodge is.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I think this game is better than GTAV. Although GTAV still has the best physics system in the world.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I thin the only rpg to get inventory right was Dark Souls and they basically ignored the problem by giving you a bottomless box.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

GrossMurpel posted:

Clearly you never played any of the Gothic games.

I tried once.

Delacroix posted:

My new favorite thing in the game is knocking people off their horse with Aard, stealing their horse with Axii and riding away. :allears:

You mean knocking them off with Igni and stabbing them so their screams will end. :black101: I got through quite a bit of the game before I realized I could ride horses that aren't Roach.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Doing the races near the Baron's town also net you decent saddlebags, along with a saddle and some blinders for your horse.

I have found the blinders useless so far but hey it was free.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Solartide posted:

Do they lower fear bar generation?

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's what they're supposed to do. Maybe the bonus is small.

Yeah, they should but I either get off my horse right away or get the heck out of dodge, so I haven't noticed much.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Found a barber. :allears:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah I accidentally crafted a silver sword for level 12. I got the diagram around level 6.

Verranicus posted:

Do the areas you clear out at Points of Interest ever repopulate? Like, I just emptied out a bandit camp, will bandits ever be back there?
Abandoned areas get repopulated by peasants.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Did Someone post a way to get rid of that "your control scheme has changed" message? Do you have to fiddle with some files or is it somewhere in the options that I've somehow missed?

it ruined geralt playing hide and seek :(:

In addition I've found a swanky new set of armor

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 08:13 on May 21, 2015

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I don't know why you would want to keep that armor, it makes you stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe that's intentional though. :shrug:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

My performance was massively improved with this patch. :dance: I haven't gotten another freeze, not in game or in the inventory, since.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Do oils just last until you next meditate? I don't know how long before a fight I should apply this stuff.

Reccommended levels for quests are just that, recommendations. It seems like you can tackle whatever quest whenever you want. If you're struggling, you can either reload a save from earlier or just book it out of there.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 21, 2015

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Discovery: If you fall into deep water while riding Roach around, Roach will disappear right from under you. Which means he's basically Yoshi from Super Mario Sunshine, I guess.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Anae posted:

Tech question - my framerate was fine yesterday and I'm worried I'll be one of the people who the patch fucks over. Can I somehow force it not to install?

Open GoG galxy, open Witcher 3 page, open configure, checkmark disable automatic updates. You can also disable dlc this way, it appears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Can anyone confirm yet that the romances are mutually exclusive?
It would be dumb if they were, since they certainly weren't in the previous two games. Although I could see a Triss/Yen choice.