Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Can you not still flick em on using igni or aard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Not technically no. One of her flashbacks has her in her underwear and bandages and you're in a sauna with Skellige women, they're mostly naked and Ciri isn't, but you can see the tattoo if you opted to not use a towel. But you don't see anything else, weirdo.

I could have sworn Ciri had more scars on her because of that scene. Maybe that nude model and the one in the sauna scene are seperate.. I'll wager that Geralt does have a nude model because he did in the last game. He just didn't have a dick.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

What happens to Sile if you spare her? Asking as someone who killed her in the 2nd game.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Schlesische posted:

She dies in the dungeons of the Magehunters while you're in there getting one of Ciri's old instructors out.

Manatee Cannon posted:

She shows up way late. She's captured by the witch hunters and you have the choice of either giving her a merciful death or leaving her there to die, as she's too weak to leave her cell. She asks you to kill her.

Thought it was something like that. My game glitched out and gave me a glossary page for her. Why give me info on a character that's been dead for months? :v:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

GrossMurpel posted:

Well, if Geralt lies about his school affiliation, that's a pretty good indication for the guy that maybe the wolf school isn't on the up and up either.

Geralt does still get accused of being a kingslayer throughout the game.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 2, 2015

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Spikeguy posted:

Is there a way to play this in Polish with English subtitles? In the language section I only see options to change the text but not the voice acting.

you have to download the language pack either through GOG Galaxy or off the website.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Sax Solo posted:

I didn't play previous games and haven't been able to find this in the lore. Why are the Witchers a dying breed? Is there really that much less work for them? Or is it the general disgust at what they have to do to turn kids into Witchers?

Sometime before the games started Kaer Morhen was attacked, killing a great deal of witchers. None who survived knew how to do the full gauntlet of witcher trials, so there are to be no more witchers. Vesemeir was one of the survivors but he was only a fencing instructor and does not know the full process.

The attack on Kaer Morhen in the first game is a entirely seperate thing.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

snip nevermind

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

Can someone give me a link to what I should read to get caught up from witcher 1 and 2 before I play 3?

This Kotaku article is pretty good

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Senjuro posted:

What happens with Triss if you don't pursue the romance or ask her to stay? Does she really leave for the rest of the game?

spoilers for late game:She comes back for the fight at Kaer Morhen

I was pretty amused when (ending slides spoiler)Sigi told me not gently caress Yen because she was too political. But the ending slides reveal that Triss+Geralt went to work for a king in kovir while Yen+Geralt hosed off to the middle of nowhere.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 23, 2015

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

CJacobs posted:

The way Geralt talks actually kind of annoys me. He's the only character in the entire game that doesn't speak in ye olde fantasy setting English and once I noticed it I couldn't stop noticing it. He speaks like he's straight out of a modern detective novel even when he's not doing detective-ing.

I think this is intentional and I've always viewed the game as a low fantasy noir story.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

That and a few things coming up are why I'm solidly on Team Triss. So she lied and used you a little. Big deal. At least she wears colors and stuff. Yen is a big old Debbie Downer.

Yennifer has dog puns. :colbert:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I missed the unicorn sex scene because I thought it was more important to go back to the wake. :flaccid:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Popcornicus posted:

Not reading the thread because it looks like people are posting spoilers and I'm only in Velen. Can someone PM me the best way to get black pearl dust for crafting lesser runestones?

Go find a coast and start swimming for clams.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

KingKapalone posted:

I have a question on story progression and level. I just hit level 18 and I'm still on level 12 main quests in Novigrad since it seems like there was a lot more exploration to do in Velen. I haven't gone to Skellige yet since it's listed as level 16 and I'm just going in order. Anyway, I still have the level 11 quest Following the Thread since I'm supposed to go to Faroe to find Hammond for that other Witcher I ran into. Should I make my way over Skellige?

Yes.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I'm replaying this game on Death March after beating it on Blood and Broken Bones. I did not notice Gretka acting like a monster the first time around fighting the wolf king.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC6W4qBQcUI
:allears: This game.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I play Dragon Age Inquisition to play dress up simulator.

I play Witcher 3 to play dress up simulator and to absorb the fantastic writing.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

You can still do them if they go grey and you'll be obscenely overpowered by endgame regardless of whether you miss some tiny sidequest or not.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Are you suggesting that Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 is anything less than perfection?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I think the key deciding factor for me choosing Yen over Triss when it came to romancing somebody was me not really liking redheads. Also dog puns.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Senjuro posted:

Is there a way to stop the real time beard growth? Kind of a pain in the rear end to have to go to barbers all the time to maintain a certain look.

Pick a beard style that isn't clean shaven and it should stick. I recommend mutton chops.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

Oh wow, I didn't realize that we had all that stuff included. Usually you have to pay for a special edition to get an artbook just by itself, let alone the soundtrack to boot.

CDPR is good people

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I assume they'll be integrated into the main game rather than something you select on a menu.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

For what it's worth I enjoyed W2 way more playing with a gamepad.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Helith posted:

No, Triss's is terrible and really out of character for her. Yennefers is ok but I much prefer her original. I'm trying out Ciri's now. I'm unsure tbh, some bits I like but not too keen on the bare belly.

I don't like the alt outfits because occasionally a pre-rendered cutscene will play and show them in their original outfit and that breaks my ~immersion~

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

Is there even any way to turn the outfits off once you have downloaded them?

Yeah you can switch em off at the main menu. They're under one of the options menus.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

It' almost everybody. Hjalmar can bring his buddy Forlan and Vigi the Loon with him if you saved them on his sidequest.

Still hoping against hope that Iorveth gets added and recruitable at some point. Him, Roche , and Letho being in the same room would be hilarious.

Clearly we need a drunk Letho/Roche/Iorveth scene then. Make it happen Comte.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Is there a god mode for witcher 2 so I can just burn through it? Or is there a mod for an easier setting then easy? Something like "Cinematic" or "every hit kills"

There are a couple of cheat mods on the nexus, just take your pick. Or you could not play the game

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Shani is almost certainly coming back in some way so I will hold onto that hope for Iorveth and Saskia

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Spoiler: Geralt fucks people.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

The fist fights are largely pretty easy because you're only fighting one dude. dodge punch or parry punch your way to victory works for almost every encounter.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So the guy for the Black Pearl quest died to some drowners while I was swimming back to give him the pearl. Is the rest of the quest good/important enough that I should reload a save?

Maybe? Not really for any good video game reason, it's a well written little quest.

spoilers for the quest
He says he can't pay you then and there and asks you to meet him back in novigrad. You meet up with him later and it's revealed that his wife has had hardcore alzhiemer's or whatever fantasy equivalent for years. The veteran is not rich and gives you 20 crowns for your trouble.

That quest hit me real hard because my grandmother has alzheimer's and I honestly wasn't expecting the quest to go that way for whatever reason. :smith:

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jul 28, 2015

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Just because there is fan service doesn't mean it an irremediable terrible game now

Is anyone saying this?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Twobirds posted:

It is on my wishlist so I haven't played it, but Unrest, I think, tries hard to be reactive. Reportedly it suffers a bit due to this and ends up being on the short side.

Unrest manages to be pretty reactive yeah. It had a incredibly small budget though, and it shows.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Glad to hear that Geralt will no longer break his shins after falling down a ladder

edit: I don't see a reason to replay this game but it is nice that they're giving it a bit more love after all these years.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Are any of the people that were responsible for Witcher 3 being good still working at the company even?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I really bought the game to play dress up if I'm being completely honest.