Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
What a coincidence I will not be going to work tomorrow so I can be an adult and play my fantasy sword stabby monster game. Excellent. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

Admiral Bosch posted:

Can anyone tell me why the GOG.com version of the game is split into 7 loving downloads AND a patch? Am I missing a way to get it all in one go? This is the only game I've ever gotten from GOG; I got it for free by getting an Nvidia card.

GOG Galaxy. I started doing it the way you mentioned and then realized how retarded I was.

I can't believe these comments on graphics. Still milling about White Orchard at the moment and it's everything I'd hoped for thus far. And it's pretty as gently caress. Is everyone blind/trolling?

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Velen is loving huuuuge. I've been milling about for a few hours and I've barely done anything. It's great.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
As a big fan of the music in the previous games I just had to pop in and say the soundtrack is loving great.

Currently doing every side quest I can get my hands on (the one's that aren't level 20+) and wholly poo poo I'm going to be playing this game forever. The fact that every quest actually has some story and character to it is just the icing on the cake. And to extend my play time even further I have a tendency to walk slowly a lot of the time (particularly in towns/ruins/points of interest) so I can soak up the atmosphere.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

Archimago posted:

Wow that Baron questline...

I set the forest spirit thing free because I thought the Crones were tricking me. They called it evil, but Johnny said they referred to him as such so I thought I was being clever. Although the ~dark magics~ feel of the rite that needed to be performed was a bit of an indicator it wasn't some kindly tree nymph...and I was pretty sure I had hosed up when the horsey got evil red demon eyes, but I didn't save scum. Turns out it was, in fact, evil.loving making me eat my decisions--whjat a depressing conclusion.

I actually did kind of feel bad for the Baron. The reviewers that mentioned the quest and how you could "sympathize with a wife beater" and were questioning that design made it sound like "sympathizing" gave you a conversation option to the effect of YEAH MAN SOMETIMES THE WOMENS JUST NEED A HIT OR TWO TO SET EM STRAIGHT" but it was nothing like that. Nothing's black and white in The Witcher universe, as usual.

Also, I don't know if it was a bug or not, but if you free the spirit, the Black Beauty shows up at the end of the Ciri bit when you're running away from the crows. You can't interact with it or anything, it's just hanging around right before the bit ends. Curious if that's foreshadowing of something or just a weird glitch. Since that took place in the past, I'm not sure how it would even be there at all, since I hadn't freed it yet.

I just finished this as well.

I made the same choices as you for the same reasons and felt wrong about it the whole time. That said I've always loved exactly that about the choices in these games. The Baron was really growing on me towards the end despite his obvious and many failings but I think the fact that he was pretty much Robert Baratheon helped a bit That whole quest line was so well done.

Crappers fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 22, 2015

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
It's kinda ridiculous how huge this game is. I'm in Novigrad doing my share of main story and side stuff and I feel like I've made progress and then I see the huge list of witcher contracts I haven't even touched yet because I'm only level 14. I love this game.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Provided you still have the materials to make another? Just trying to get clarification here.

All you need is the alcohol.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

PureRok posted:

This game is very pretty guys. Also, I think I love the Ursine set too much (I liked the basic Ursine armor more, but...).

The long coats look way more bad rear end. Where can I start the Ursine Treasure Hunt? I have a couple pieces already but I think they are the enhanced versions.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Maaaan just sailing around the Skellige isles with that music and my beard flowing in the breeze and gently caress this game is pretty. I probably spend to much time just checking out the scenery in this game sometimes.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

Greenplastic posted:

I'm so happy I'm thick skinned when it comes to annoyances like that. I notice a lot of the same things (like Roach constantly getting stuck) but they just never get under my skin. It was the same with Destiny for me. It allows me to appreciate all the amazing parts while pretty much ignoring the bad ones. I'm blessed. Witcher 3 Game of the Year!

Couldn't have put it better myself. Peoples criticisms are totally valid but I'm quite happy to continue not giving a poo poo while I play my monster hunting/peasant misery simulator game.

I can't wait to see what they do with that Cyberpunk game. :stare: Bioware are gonna have to come up with some magical poo poo to ever grab my attention again.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

Pwnstar posted:

You better believe when I saw the dialogue option to have a riddle contest with some trolls that I hammered the gently caress outta that button.

I must know where this is immediately.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Wholly poo poo that whole Witcher's drinking scene was so good. That was some legit buddy drinking poo poo and I laughed my rear end off. And whoever said Lambert went from being an rear end in a top hat to a likeable rear end in a top hat after that scene was completely right.

Question time: this has very likely been answered many times but this thread is too big. I'm assuming it will be made very clear when I reach the "point of no return" in regards to triggering some sort of end game quest?

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

Swedish Horror posted:

I love how smug Geralt looks when somebody says "We can take on a witcher!"

Gotta give them credit for their confidence. I killed a level 30-something high griffin in front of a bandit wearing nothing but rags and he still attacked me when I was finished.

edit: actually I swear that oval office even shot me with an arrow mid battle. What an rear end in a top hat.

Crappers fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jun 5, 2015

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Just finished. Happy with my ending. I think I could quite comfortably lump this game in with my GOAT list, and near the top of it at that. To many things to praise what a great loving game.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

Meiteron posted:

You can't start dropping links to the Witcher OST and not link to River of Life, c'mon now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKv0rtgI7mw

I'll agree that Witcher 2's OST is kind of forgettable, although their best tracks (the title theme and the sorceress theme) are pretty good, good enough to get remixes in 3 when appropriate.

I do like 3's OST a lot, enough that I'm a bit annoyed some of the more critical pieces aren't on the soundtrack they released, most notably something playing over a cutscene on the Isle of Mists which I hardly need to elaborate if you've seen it. The remix of Assassins of Kings is also really good.

Oh man the nostalgia! Love that track. I've enjoyed all the soundtracks though, but there were some particularly good ones on W1.

edit: always loved this one for it's creepiness factor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5tf0x0jazI

Crappers fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 9, 2015

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Don't even want to play anything else now I'm finished. Thanks for ruining other games CDPR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

FuriousGeorge posted:

Man I really wish the ambient music tracks were included in the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw-ND8eT7I4

That'd have to be my favourite track in the game. Urge to start second play through rising....

Realizing just now for some reason I never bothered to play Gwent. Might give it a whirl on my next game.