Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I can say for certain the DLSS frame generation appears to be completely broken. Turning it on results in a buttery smooth 120fps, in which the games is completely unplayable because it hitches constantly. Turning it off, the game runs fine, so I'm guessing it's a broken implementation.

Goddamn this game looks nice with the next-gen update though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Eyud posted:

It's kinda weird since they're both on REDengine but Cyberpunk is really good about spreading the CPU load across cores while TW3 only really uses one or two. Frame generation actually helps a lot but it's only available on 40 series cards.

IME so far frame generation made it literally unplayable with constant hitching, but it would do 120fps. With frame generation off and everything maxed out it's between 40 and 60fps, but it doesn't hitch at all.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I just ran into some of the Baron's guards reciting dialogue from Pulp Fiction, that was good for a laugh.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

One thing I still haven't gotten used to is that you don't automatically ready your weapon when entering combat, so like 10% of the time Geralt is trying to fist fight a ghost.

Seemingly actions don't queue either so you have to wait for the attack animation to end before you can pull out a sword.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

There should be an option in the gameplay menu that makes you automatically draw your sword at the start of combat rather than doing it manually.

There is, thanks, just found it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

It was called Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I have no direct experience with that card/resolution, but it runs great at 4K with a 4080, with RT and everything maxed out, so very probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Looks like I made the right choice in Reason of State