Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Roshnak posted:

Other than the fact that the sky is really orange and the roof thatching doesn't look all that great, what's wrong with it?

Foliage looks pretty flat. Lacks shadow.

Do like that the little tree in the background bends with the wind, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It does look better than The Witcher 2, at least. I'll wait till release before I cry downgrade or whatever, but hopefully CDPR isn't just bullshitting whenever they cite YouTube compression or old builds as the reason for some bad looking screens.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I have one question for you all:

Dub or sub?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
How did you spend 600 on a 970? I bought one for almost new at 350.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Utnayan posted:

Stairs. You fucks aren't protected anymore.

I don't know how to respond.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you, gnarly, for getting rid of the dude who acted like an average /v/ poster.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Utnayan posted:

Free at last, free at last! Thank GOD ALMIGHTY - Free at last!

Hey Orv, don't forget to talk about how those MMORPG developers I ripped were unethical fucks and abused their consumer base knowingly.

Can we talk about the NVIDIA promotion yet and how CD couldn't say anything about the complete and utter feature cut of the PC version while NVIDIA mislead their customer base to buy high end video cards where the majority of features were cut from the game?

Or maybe the Youtube video that is now deleted because it showed the PS4/PC comparisons and all you get for your new shiny video card at $349-599 is higher resolution with more frames when most everyone uses V-sync to cap at 60 because otherwise they get screen tearing.

Thank God the administrators here at Something Awful are as tired of the shilliing as I am.

Vanilla Gorilla you have a PhD now? That's rich. In what? How to fool internet forum posters to buy lovely MMORPG's and shout down the people that tell the truth about the industry?

Drifter: You rock. (I mean that)

Carry on folks. Time for Billy Joel at 8pm central.

This will be a good game. Next time? Tell the loving truth about the downgrades and the obvious impact on graphic fidelity, and this won't happen.

>>>/v/

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

iGestalt posted:

Time machine.

He downgraded his probation.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Sedisp posted:

Considering how many shills there are on the Something Awful viral market site I imagine our cuts are going to be very low this time around.

I'm gonna have to kill a few of my fellow shills and take their cuts from this grand scam to get by.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Roche is the cooler dude but the Iorveth path has you help do something good for the non-human people, even if it probably isn't going to last.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Well, downgrade nerds were right, even if they were weird as poo poo. Game doesn't look as good as it did back when the first material for it was released.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Any work around for the inventory crashing bug?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Game crashes a lot whenever I'm in certain areas. Did so in the baths in Novigrad, and now I'm some holy garden of Freya on the Skellige Islands and it's done it like three times in a row now. Game freezes, goes to black, and then finishes off with a CTD. Anyone know of a fix?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
There any reason why installing patch 1.10 has made running the game so much worse? poo poo keeps stuttering constantly.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

GreenNight posted:

Honestly it's worked fantastic for me. Load times are faster, Ultra settings work better.

I recommend just blowing your install away and re-download it fresh. Fresh download has 1.10 built in instead of upgrading your old install.

I'll check their forums, see if they've come up with anything. I'd rather get a quick fix than wait to download 37 GB so I can play again.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Well, reinstalled the game. Still skips frames unbearably. For gently caress's sake, CD Projekt, I thought the new patch was supposed to improve performance, not kill it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Holy moley, I just learned what the gently caress was causing the performance hit: if you hit Continue instead of manually loading a save, it fucks everything up.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pwnstar posted:

The big fight in Iris's Worst Fear seems insane to me, like I got it done after a couple of tries but I dont remember any other bosses being able to kill me in one hit or stunlock me. Maybe its just cause I'm out of practice, I had more trouble in fights than I remember having when I last played.

The trick is to parry him whenever he does a normal attack and hit him with a strong attack when he winds up for one of those red power attacks. That stuns him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

chesnok posted:

European game developer PR guy is not up to date on latest US twatter mental bitch fit.
The horror.

On topic: read the loving books already. You will thank me later.

Oh no, people are mad that some Polish gently caress decided it'd be really funny to coyly joke about the reaction to the Trump admin trying to make it impossible to be legally recognized as transgender in America (thus stripping any trans person of any possible legal protections or rights related to gender). Truly this is tragic, because it disrupts your ability to talk about the dumb loving card game.

gently caress off right winger.