Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finished reading the thread. All i wanna say is that Witcher 3 is the greatest game i ever played. Now im going to do a Gwent run and play the loving thing all over again. Im also reading the books and in Lady of The Lake Geralt is reunited with Yen and Ciri and i dont want to read anymore.

Thanks Andrzej Sapkowski amd CDPR for a wonderful piece of entertainment.

pd: TeamYen or Essi Daven.

pd1:That guy in Vizima is kicking my rear end at Gwent.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It's really not. Just git gud.

I have all the cards from White Orchid. What should i do?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loving Gwent guy in Wyzima. Well, lets see how it goes in Velen.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yen was abused as a child and tried to kill herself. She also was tortured nearly to death by Vilgefortz because of her love for Ciri and Geralt. She is a tough woman who dont take poo poo from anyone, rejected the lodge of sorceress and all she wants to do is retire with Geralt while he makes bagpipes or something like that. She also has shown affection to Dandelion and Zoltan and even forgave Triss for date raping Geralt. I wish CDPR touched more on the backstory of Yen and her relationship with Ciri, thats my only grip on my favorite game ever. So yes, maybe she is a little bitchy sometimes but also she is a fierce woman.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 30, 2016

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

10 Beers posted:

One of my favorite scenes with Yen is when After necromancing Skjall, and killing the tree, the priestesses freak out. Regardless of the choice that you make as Geralt, she immediately steps forward and says "He had nothing to do with this, he tried to stop me, he failed." Whatever she does, even if he's complicit, she doesn't want Geralt catching any flak over it.

Also in the books When Vilgefortz was searching for Ciri mind reading Yen she directs him to Geralt, that was her main memory at the time

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AlternateAccount posted:

Which book does this come from?

So I guess the only conclusion is that Shani is the only not-horrible romance option in some way?

The World of The Witcher chapter III: "The Magic and Religions of the Continent" By Yennefer of Vengerberg and Dandelion.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dammit they patched the bottle seller. Anyone knows what are the best places to sell stuff?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vikar Jerome posted:

i think it's also mentioned in one of the shorts in sword of destiny but i can't remember, it's definitely a earlier book, no later than blood of elves i think.

In The Last Wish Geralt sees trough Yen inmediatly and he realizes she was a hunchback.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Team Ice Queen

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also team death to Philippa

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bort Bortles posted:

This is my kind of team.

I wish I could have just killed her in that cave near the end of the game when we are fetching the Sun Stone or whatever.

Or letting her to rot in Loc Muinne

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
CDPR has been posting job positions for Cyberpunk. Any news about that game? The last thing i knew was that they where upgrading the red engine, right?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drifter posted:

Zero News.

I hope that when CDPR are ready they dont show all the loving game like Kojima did. MGSV is my biggest dissapointment in gaming.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everyone cool in the game and in the books told Philippa to gently caress off: Yen, Ciri and in the game Geralt saved her and in Witcher 3 kicked her rear end. Shes manipulative and her so callled lodge of sorceress is in the process of being killed by Mad King Radovid, hiding or in the North. The game should have let us to also tell her to gently caress off. She is a bad person and her sreentime should have been used in good things like Yen and Ciri relationship. /rant

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Riso posted:

I say again, if I can't be a gumshoe carrying a trusty revolver in the cyberpunk 2020 future I am out!

The game will have create a character or a protagonist a la Geralt?. I didnt like the system used on Shadowrun Returns.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She looks the same to me.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mills Lane Voice: IŽll allow it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fridge corn posted:

It's not like Geralt even has much of a personality. He could easily be an archetypal blank slate character

No jaw Geralt from Witcher 1 has more personality and charisma that everything bethesda and bioware have ever done.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Witcher 2077

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Old man Geralt is a sexy beast.

Anyways i read that Cyberpunk 2077 development is underway and the team is bigger that on the Witcher 3. That game will be awesome.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think dlc is a disservice. They are full expansions to the base game. They are great.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arglebargle III posted:

In other news, I started reading the books and hooooly poo poo is the Witcher world sexist. Makes Ice Queen Yennifer a lot more understandable. She's willing to play the badguy because people seriously treat her like poo poo. No wonder Triss gets pushed around, Triss is way too eager for approval.

Also it's clear in the books that Yen is deeply hurt when Geralt disappears on her to go wandering, and that's the source of her anger at him. She's a bit of a loner herself, Geralt is the only person she's ever opened up to and trusted, and then one day he just disappeared with like a note on the table and didn't see her for three years.

In Witcher 3 he's disappeared again and turned up loving her best friend. So yeah she's got an attitude.

The best is when Yen starts a letter to Geralt with "Dear Friend". The game also has this.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arglebargle III posted:

There are a few episodes in the books I wish the games would do. Geralt gets hired to hash out an argument between a duke and his mermaid girlfriend about who has to transform so they can live together.

The ending of that story. God drat. Team Essi Daven

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arglebargle III posted:

The books are a pretty light read. They're surprisingly funny and the short stories blow by pretty fast. A lot of them are obvious twists on famous fairy tales that only become obvious after you've gotten through it. I think the very first story is Beauty and the Beast and well, if you've played the games you can probably guess a few of the plot points. There's a beast, a beauty, and Geralt is the woodsman/Gaston character. Peasants are disappearing near the castle. Beast is a decent guy. Belle is a bruxa.

Vereena :(. That history is also a punch to the gut.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In the books Yen and Geralt really died?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for the awnsers. I hope someday we will meet really old man Geralt the bagpipes man.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Terminally Bored posted:

Yes. And after the turd called Viper and numerous times Sapkowski dissed the games it was especially funny seeing him publish Season of Storms. Guy's a douche.

Weird thing is that nearly all Polish fantasy writers in recent years (decades even) are rightwing assholes: Piekara, Kres, Ziemkiewicz. So if you think Sapkowski's prose is kinda sexist and stupidly nihilistic then you shouldn't even touch any of the these authors. Also, out of all Polish fantasy authors Sapkowski is most often regarded (and regards himself I think) as high literature. He came close at times but his literary workshop's not that great if you look closely.

Sorry for :spergin: I teach Polish literature and the topic of Sapkowski came back recently because of the games.

Pretty informative post, thank you. So, no more Witcher books then?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1962/ Game Changer right here. Crow's Perch and Hattori Fast Travel

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fire whoever did that insta loss race on Novigrad. For fucks sake.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hotfix 1.31 live on Steam:

Full Changelog:

- Corrects Arabic text in the expansions.
- Corrects Turkish text.
- Repairs holes in Vimme Vivaldi's new clothes.
- Fixes long loading times in dialogues in the vicinity of Hierarch Square.
- Fixes infinite loading screen occurring during the "Pyres of Novigrad" quest when following the thief.
- Corrects credits.
- (Origin) Fixes NPC lipsync issues.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my gwent decks sucks, that little guy at the passiflora is kicking my rear end

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That server with a pithfork is a nice touch.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just won the passiflora tournament and the gwent gog client is ready to download :getin:

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 22, 2016

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

monsters are great

How's the server test?

I cant enter the game, GOG crashes and when i find an opponent the games load forever.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress those guys in the company who helped Ciri. My daughter will not cave to peer pressure and i have the money to buy the drat horses, thank you very much.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Feh, he's a racist. Expropriating his horses is for the greater good.

And don't try and pretend Geralt hasn't stolen from every barrel or box he's ever seen. :colbert:

They didnt gave me the chance to even talk to the guy. Geralt would have axiied him to give them all the horses. But no, the want to pressure my daughter to steal. Not on my watch, pal!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dud root posted:

You want to mind rape AND steal from him?!

yes

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr Cheeto posted:

Does Geralt have a single relationship with a woman that isn't hosed up and toxic?

Essi Daven

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hexenritter posted:

yup, can't remember if it was the bubonic or pneumonic plague but she brought it from our world unless I'm mistaken

The Catonia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also Yen totally cheated on my friend Geralt with Istredd.