Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Now that he can grow a full beard we just need a trenchcoat and brandy mod so we can really embrace this 1950's noir detective thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

radiatinglines posted:

I have only just gotten to the part where Yen uses the mask and everything about her has made her seem arrogant and generally a pain in Geralt's rear end.

That and a few things coming up are why I'm solidly on Team Triss. So she lied and used you a little. Big deal. At least she wears colors and stuff. Yen is a big old Debbie Downer.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Million Ghosts posted:

Wow Yen is an awful person

She's one step above Radovid...literally the Witcher Hitler.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Scandalous posted:

I found it a little confusing because the letter you find on Hammond's body suggests Karadin wants nothing further to do with him or other illicit dealings, yet in dialogue with Lambert at the inn back in Novigrad, Geralt states that Karadin is still in business with Hammond. So I didn't know what I was supposed to believe from that. In the end I chose to let Lambert kill him - less because of Aiden's death, since I believed at least the debt collection story, but more so because I figured if he's still in the slave trade he's bullshitting about reforming. Couldn't be certain, though, due to the inconsistency between what I read and what Geralt apparently gleaned from the encounter in Skellige.

Bah, Lambert is your Witcher buddy. That's all I needed to know before enabling him on his murder quest. Lambert would be right there for Geralt if he asked for help on a murder quest.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bort Bortles posted:

The Var Attre girl you practiced swordplay with, or bust.

She's Nilfgaardian trash. Like the old saying goes: Northern girls get the pearls, southern belles can go to hell.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I may be one of the only people that misses dice poker. Gwent just ain't my thing. Thank goodness for winGwint(1).

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I really like the Snow White and the Seven Dwarves nod.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Is it true...Nilfgardian women shave their cunnies?"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

NutritiousSnack posted:

Hey I encountered a bug on the PS4 where you can't load your dlc you installed and can't load your saves because of it. Is there a fix?

Yup, buy a PC....BWAHAHAHAHA.

no idea in all seriousness.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Levantine posted:

Yes, but she also cuts the puns short showing she has only a limited sense of humor. -1 points for Yen.

Also, (Triss ending spoilers)Triss lets you live in a house that always smells like cake and you become a kept man that only takes on contracts when you feel the urge. Geralt of Rivia, the Butcher of Blaviken, Giant Killer, and Killer of Kings may be the first witcher to die in his bed. Triss rules.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

But missing one important thing. Cakes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

JetsGuy posted:

There's one I did last night where you run into a Skellige woman who's fiancee disappeared. She claimed a horrible beast took him away and the whole town is laughing at her thinking he just ran off with some other woman. Of course you find out she was right he was taken and torn to shreds by a Ekhidna. The brother in law who hired you asks you to tell her. So you have to swim out to the cliffs she's standing on to tell her her fiancee was torn to bits. Fun times.

Swim? Why not just ride Roach over there and tell her? Takes like 10 seconds. I used Roach like a taxi through nearly all of the game. In fact I loved killing low level monsters/wolves as I rode by in one swipe. Once there was a guy getting attacked by a warg and I just killed it as I was riding by. Sure the other wolves probably got him, but his friendly neighborhood witcher just bought him a few more precious moments of life while he was on his way to sell table knives and fishing poles to the local vendor.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eh, witcher's gotta witcher. Ciri will still be missing when I'm done searching for this leshen in the forest.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Adventure Pigeon posted:

Yeah, this was the only quest that really struck me as poorly written.

Did anyone try to just straight up fight the thing? Maybe that's the better written option, but the "poor" ending. Like, maybe the writers didn't think everyone would be so keen on throwing a baby in the oven even if they knew it was for a trick.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So I just discovered the color-blind friendly witcher senses mode and I absolutely love it. I'm not color blind at all, but I just really like seeing things highlighted in blue instead of red.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I really hope one of the DLCs let you track down and kill Phillipa because they are the worst person and really deserve it.

This all day.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

If Ciri dies when she ends the White Frost, Geralt falls into despair, hunts down and kills the final Crone, and then allows drowners to kill him

Downers? DOWNERS?!?! For shame.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Muffin Rhino posted:

Eskel goes "east" after the Battle of Kaer Morhen. I hope they save him for DLC material, cuz he's a way bigger bro than Lambert.

Team Lambert for life. Eskel is just a less cool Geralt. Also the idiot spilled a bunch of wine and crawled through it, doesn't do hilarious Vesemire impersonations, and doesn't throw down ice burns on Yen any chance he gets.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Sharmat posted:

Nah, it comes off as dismissive and useless instead.

"You don't have to be good at everything" is a dumb platitude. Ciri specifically has to be good at this, or terrible poo poo happens. Why would you choose that over "I know how to cheer you up" or whatever the other option was when Ciri is specifically asking about that?

Ciri also had a right to be upset over Avallac'h.

The first thing parents teach their kids is not to throw temper tantrums. Encouraging her to throw one is stupid.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Taear posted:

Endchat After Roche and Ves came to Kaer Morhen and Djikstra told me to gently caress off - even if you help him all he gives you is gold - I just cannot imagine an outcome where Geralt allows them to die. Like he says all the time he doesn't do politics and letting them die is doing politics.

What does Siggy do if you choose his side in all that?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yen sucks and Geralt shooting her down at the end of the djinn quest is hilarious. I still think Geralt should have wound up with pretty herbalist lady.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Crappy Jack posted:

Except in this case it was literally the only and best course of action. I mean, it's reckless and fucks up an entire community, but without consulting Skjall, who she knows was the last person to see Ciri alive, which is a thing that Yen knows, they would have no leads. Their only remaining witness is dead, and she knows how to get information from a dead person, it's not like she randomly picked a corpse to resurrect.

I really liked that moment. Just the impact of Geralt reacting like "holy poo poo....you really doing this?" really brought out the impact of reanimating a corpse to interrogate about the whereabouts of our universe jumping monster-fighting ninja daughter.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is there any difference if you release the tree demon on the Crones second encounter? Like is there more dialogue or are they not there or anything?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Sharmat posted:

I want this so bad.

Everyone does and therefore we won't get it. A big part of me hopes they just close the door on the Witcher series after this too. No follow up games. No Ciri spin off. Just move on to other games and make them as brilliantly as this one.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

2house2fly posted:

Did you do that one quest where Geralt completely independently investigates some deaths and finds a monster, then after killing it he finds the village it was terrorising and demands that they pay him? lol

Which one was this? I found a Wyvren once just riding around picking flowers once and killed it and GEralt said something about there probably being a reward for it somewhere around there. Was that it?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

The only ending that depends on NOT doing the good dad things is dead Ciri

And even that is well written ending.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If you get the bad dad ending are you still able to go back and do BnW after the game ends? Doesn't seem like that would make much sense.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So I just finished the Hearts of Stone DLC for the first time. I'm a little disappointed in the ending. I challenged O'Dimm and wound up catching him. I think there should have been a way to just answer his riddle since it was obviously "the moon" instead of having a silly chase. Not to mention it was kind of a let down that Geralt just pulls him from the stream and he just sort of goes away without a speech (that I could understand) or anything. What are the other endings like?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Palpek posted:

I just finished Beaulclair Safari and it was hilarious when it turned out that in the Polish version of the game the exhibition curator was voiced by a lady who's very famous for animal documentary voice-overs in Poland (or somebody obviously trying to imitate her voice). I don't know how it sounds in English but basically imagine hearing Sir David Attenborough talk about animal behaviors in the game. That was great.

In the ghost wedding quest in Hearts of Stone there's a little Attenborough joke for a character that over reacts and misidentifies an animal.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Huh, (ending spoilers) so I took Ciri to the Emperor to get the empress ending, but then also sided with Dykstra. So apparently if you do that and did enough "good dad" things you get the witcher Ciri ending. Did not know that.

Guess that means I have to play through it yet another time!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

And because most of everything else in Witcher is a fairy tale, he's quite similar to more classical and more frightening depictions of fairies and Fae folk. He even looks more like an elf than a demon, and his name kind of reminds me of Jack O'Lantern. Like, he's almost like Rumplestiltskin playing on a much larger game.

Hold onto your socks!

Gaunter O' Dimm.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Lone Badger posted:

I hope we're a Sorceress next game.

Puke. Lambert. Lambert is who we should be.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Coughing Hobo posted:

I knew that Yen and Geralt were perfect for each other after their werewolf pun run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEd0yxi89fE

This is absolutely terrible. And that's coming from someone that likes SA pun chains. Make Geralt single. No wife, no strife. Hang at your vineyard chugging wine with your BFF Dandelion and BF(ha!). Toss those empty bottles over by your succubus and doppler decoctions and curl up to sleep under your troll head trophies.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Geralt is going to sound different in the show, and therefore I'm not going to like it at all.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Neurosis posted:

The worst choice that could be made. I laughed harder than I have at any other game I can recall in that scene. A lot of scenes with drunk people in media generally read like the writer has never had more than a bottle of wine in one sitting. The script of TW3 does not have this problem.

Telling Lambert you love him like a brother while you're hammered drunk is so perfectly written that I'm convinced the writers had that exact conversation at least once before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Everyone dead ending for Blood and Wine was good though.