Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

scary ghost dog posted:

i feel like dandelion is underserved in this game. he doesnt come across as the talented and erudite bard that he is

That's honestly a thing I like about his characterization, but different strokes, obviously. Dandelion and Geralt's whole relationship is based around Legend versus Reality; for all the talk about Dandelion being the most famous and talented bard in the known world, and Geralt being a dashing and daring hero of legend, they're really just a couple of dudes who got very lucky and found a relative amount of success in a crap world. People might expect Geralt to be an emotionless arbiter of justice, but he's really a grumpy dad who likes wolf puns, and Dandelion is a lovesick puppy who still hasn't figured out how to grow up despite being more or less middle aged. That's why they get each other. They're not the legends, they're the people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

The only wrong choice here is killing Dijkstra. gently caress Roche, the fascist genocidal prick.

When I asked for help, Roche came running. Dijkstra just threw me some money.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

fringilla got done real dirty in the show imo

Mousesack/Ermion, too.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

I've replayed Alpha Protocol at least 11 times now, and not only was I still finding new stuff every playthrough, I know of several major revelations and character moments that I've still never figured out how to trigger. I've seen footage! I know it exists! I've still never gotten it on a playthrough.

It's definitely rough figuring out how to play the game in those initial stages, but basically once you get it figured out that pistol shots are useless until you've got a critical lined up and get your stealth leveled up to the point that you're basically The Predator, it's utterly fantastic, in my opinion. Disco Elysium's the only thing that's even come close.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

My heart has never been broken more than hearing the news that Obsidian was making a new RPG based on an animated property, getting worked up for an Alpha Protocol-style Archer video game, and then getting a South Park RPG.

I mean, it was FINE. But it wasn't an Archer game in the AP engine, and that's a CRIME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Fritz the Horse posted:

it's been a while, but there are several hints about it and I think somewhere you find some notes that explicitly say the hunter and the lord's son had a relationship and the lord lost his poo poo

Yeah, some are more explicit than others, they just do a really good job of showing how that story ripples out through multiple characters you bump into.