Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I am so glad I've booked Tuesday to Friday off work. I don't care how nerdy it is, I'm going to poopsock this game so drat hard. Roll on Tuesday holy poo poo.

The hype is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

For some reason I quite enjoy reading these guides. It's probably because I'm a paid shill for nvidia/CDPR.

They're also a really good way to understand what exactly each setting does, I don't think I'd actually get stuff like AO and anisotropic filtering without the visual comparisons.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Oh man with my 980 at 1440p with everything on ultra except hairworks it's running better than I could have imagined! This looks absolutely lovely and I can't believe I'm finally playing it, god drat.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Fuuuck Skellige is absolutely god drat stunning holy poo poo. The bear armour set is cool as gently caress too.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
It's a sign of a very good game when you get the realisation that it's going to end at some point and you get sad. I unlocked Skellige last night but there's still so much to do in Novigrad and Velen that I'm probably going to hold off exploring much of Skellige until I've got bored of the other places. It's great that each place has a totally different vibe to it.

Safe to say that I will most likely be preordering the expansions as soon as I've finished up the main game, I just don't want to run out of things to do in this world, it's too good.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Arglebargle III posted:

That's what I was asking about earlier: if the "shaved" beard design is static, what's the point of beard growth at all?

If you're talking about the clean shaven option, it's definitely not static for me. I had a shave a while ago and now I've got a full beard without going to a barber.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Where does the enhanced ursine set scavenger hunt quest activate from? Wanna get upgrading this, it's a very cool set.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Broken Cog posted:

I think you find it in the same chest you find the base Ursine set in.

Oh right, I'll have to double check my quest log then haha.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
This game is utterly amazing how it all connects together sometimes. I discovered and killed a monster on an Island/peninsula thing on Skellige without looking at any notice boards, got the mission to go turn it in to a town I haven't been to before, so I head over. I walk into the tavern and get accosted by some xenophobes, manage to turn in the contract, then all of a sudden (side quest spoilers)the xenophobes attack me, I kill them in self defense. Because of this I'm then sent to ANOTHER place I haven't been to before and put in jail, manage to speak to the Jarl who says he'll give me my freedom if I go help his son out on some sort of quest. One thing leads to another and I'm in a cave taking a shitload of hallucinogens and facing Geralt's greatest fear.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Begemot posted:

Man, it really bugs the hell out of me how Triss and Dandelion are apparently the only people in the whole world with flat American accents. Every single other person I've run into is either British or Scottish or whatever Nilfgaardian is supposed to be.

I mean, it's my accent and all, but it really grates on my ears in the middle of that context. I guess Geralt doesn't have an accent either but it doesn't stand out as much with his gravelly batman voice.

But Geralt does have an accent? He's got an American one, just like all the witchers. The north have English/Scottish/Welsh, Nilfgaard have their Dutch/German hybrid and Skellige has their mix of northern and southern Irish accents.

I quite enjoy a lot of the peasants having a proper west country accent though, feels like home to me. Shame no Inns sell scrumpy though, Geralt would be wasted 24/7.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Oh man, Yen and Geralt have a pun run while on Skellige. Haha, I love the conversations in this game.

Quest about the giant on Skellige I wanted to free Ziggi from the cage but Im an idiot and didnt realize the ice patches were giving me away and then the checkpoints saved over each other. What happens if you free him?

As soon as you let him out he charges at the giant and activates the boss fight. He doesn't end up dying (at least in my game anyway).

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Is there a way to roll back the last patch with the GOG galaxy version? I want to play tonight but I also want to get xp.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

NicelyNice posted:

In a game of questionable controls the underwater controls REALLY take the cake. How did these end up so badly? What ever happened to "swim in the direction you're pointing?"

Huh? That's what happens. Using an xbone controller, whatever way I look, I swim.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Arglebargle III posted:

Honestly I think the English VAs for this game are pretty weak. Yeah the guy who does Geralt has gotten better, but he's still not great. The Dandelion guy manages to completely pull me out of the game every time he talks. Ciri's voice actor is doing a lousy English accent for reasons???

Ciri's voice actor, Jo Wyatt is actually English and her accent is fine, what's so lousy about it? She's not the best actor in the game but her accent is totally genuine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
You can really tell that they're all genuine just because of the range of different accents that are in the game, and they all sound like they fit. I especially like how welsh the crones are. They'd totally fit in the valleys.