Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Vahakyla posted:

European ones.

lol

All I can picture is a bunch of Mr bean looking lanky pasty white sissy boys running around with their tasers and batons because they either don't want to be armed, or are too scared to be. (Sorry bernard, hezzy, much love)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
well i've just had my first inexplicably naked dude in 7 years. popped him into a mental health suite and he was sprawled out on a couch completely stark bollock naked. looked like he was about to say "paint me like one of your french girls"

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I've seen a lot of guys carry their mag pouches like that.

Just seems like a far reach for a reload. I prefer gun on right mag on left and a handcuff case up front right side

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I worked Norwegian Constitution Day yesterday and jesus christ it must have looked like I was carrying an extra baton. Everywhere I turned there were pretty blond 18-25 yearold students walking about pissed. I need to start working those public events again, I got lectured by some bitter fat old Sergeant because apparently having members of the public kiss me on the cheek all day is unbecoming behavior for a Police officer. I told him it was lucky I wasn't smearing them across a mattress

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Can I volunteer to work Norwegian constitution day? I'll even work for free.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Theres plenty of norwegian descendants in the midwest. They are not attractive.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Branis posted:

my grandma disagrees with you.

she happens to know at least one who is VERY HANDSOME.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Branis posted:

They also like lutefisk. :barf:

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

I worked Norwegian Constitution Day yesterday and jesus christ it must have looked like I was carrying an extra baton. Everywhere I turned there were pretty blond 18-25 yearold students walking about pissed. I need to start working those public events again, I got lectured by some bitter fat old Sergeant because apparently having members of the public kiss me on the cheek all day is unbecoming behavior for a Police officer. I told him it was lucky I wasn't smearing them across a mattress

Dealt with a lass from Holland earlier, she had travelled up from London and needed the toilet. Train guard told her "get off the train and go to the toilet" which is what she literally did. Just squatted down, hitched her skirt up and pissed on the platform. Fair play to her.

As standard her and all of her friends were easily 9/10

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Came on duty to 7 holding calls. gently caress you day shift.

:negative:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Can't waif until the media figures out that of the 20 shot in Texas a bunch were probably shot by cops.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Honestly, it won't get that much play cause they were all white racists :nallears:

E: the bikers, not the cops. The cops were probably also white racists but whatev

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Stop white on white racist crime :argh:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

God, Twitter is loving insufferable. HURP DURP WHY ARE THEY ALL SITTING THERE WITH NO HANDCUFFS. UGH WHITE PRIVILEGE.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Isn't it white privilege to be able to complain about poo poo on the internet? Being able to afford internet, and having the free time to search for poo poo to complain about?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
makes u think

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Mike-o posted:

Isn't it white privilege to be able to complain about poo poo on the internet? Being able to afford internet, and having the free time to search for poo poo to complain about?

Ugh, don't you know some of us have to buy $5.00 cups of coffee at Starbuxxx to use their wifi so we can complain

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Whip Slagcheek posted:

God, Twitter is loving insufferable. HURP DURP WHY ARE THEY ALL SITTING THERE WITH NO HANDCUFFS. UGH WHITE PRIVILEGE.

They probably all chilled out pretty quick when the Texas rangers shot up like, 20 of their bros. that's a whole lotta act right.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Rad Lieutenant posted:

They probably all chilled out pretty quick when the Texas rangers shot up like, 20 of their bros. that's a whole lotta act right.

Uh yea. You tend to stop loving around when a bunch of cops open up with AR-15's on your pals.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Uh yea. You tend to stop loving around when a bunch of cops open up with AR-15's on your pals.

Tell that to your main man Barak The Muslim Shock Obummer before he takes my guns

The MRAP is a high water rescue vehicle, I swear :nsa:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Tell that to your main man Barak The Muslim Shock Obummer before he takes my guns

lmbo. I saw that in the news and immediately ran to Facebook. My nuttier coworkers did not disappoint. If you actually read the thing, he's not stopping the transfer of the main thing PD's want which is rifles. He's stopping tracked armored vehicles (wtf who's using a tracked vehicle for SWAT?) and grenade launchers, which uhh.. you can just get CS gas launchers on the regular market. Meet the old boss, same as the news boss.

Also, weaponized aircraft. WTF? Who has weaponized aircraft?

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Whip Slagcheek posted:

He's stopping tracked armored vehicles (wtf who's using a tracked vehicle for SWAT?)

I've seen photos of a few departments with M113s repainted, which is a lovely Viet Nam era aluminum box on tracks that's actually worse than an MRAP, but it has tracks so it's a SCARY MILITARIZED POLICE TANK!!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

lmbo. I saw that in the news and immediately ran to Facebook. My nuttier coworkers did not disappoint. If you actually read the thing, he's not stopping the transfer of the main thing PD's want which is rifles. He's stopping tracked armored vehicles (wtf who's using a tracked vehicle for SWAT?) and grenade launchers, which uhh.. you can just get CS gas launchers on the regular market. Meet the old boss, same as the news boss.

Exactly. We actually had a tracked vehicle till about two months ago. It was given to us by a neighboring agency because it was pointless, unwieldy, and difficult to do anything with. It sat in a storage lot for over ten years and we gave it away it another agency because it's still pointless, unwieldy, and difficult to use.

actually, so is the MRAP but to a lesser degree. And they're still gonna give away those lol

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Also, weaponized aircraft. WTF? Who has weaponized aircraft?

Repost what nutty coworkers said. Tia.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
I think morale is just so awful across the LE industry and timing an announcement like this right after police memorial week while we're still seeing cops killed nearly daily combined to create a perfect storm of terrible PR for Obummer.

It was bad timing to make such an announcement, even if I agree that there needs to be regulations and reasons behind why and what kind of equipment the feds are transferring to police agencies.

I think we're only a few democratic presidents/congresses away from a federalized police force complete with a Department of Law Enforcement overseeing national standards for all police agencies, not unlike the dept of education. :tinhat:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Vahakyla posted:

Repost what nutty coworkers said. Tia.

See my above post.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I'd personally love a federalized nationwide law enforcement agency that did patrol.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Branis posted:

I'd personally love a federalized nationwide law enforcement agency that did patrol.

I don't think it would serve the interests of local communities very well.

For all the problems people complain about with police accountability, it would be even worse when there is no local or state control over anything and instead if you want to file a complaint you call 1800fuckacop and wait 8-12 months for your issue to work through the bureaucracy.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

For all the problems people complain about with police accountability, it would be even worse when there is no local or state control over anything and instead if you want to file a complaint you call 1800fuckacop and wait 8-12 months for your issue to work through the bureaucracy.

And if current practice is any indication, absolutely NONE of those complaints would be dealt with without going completely through the entire process, no matter how absurd. So, the real complaints would be buried in a pile of bullshit and the fake complaints would likely be reviewed by some Washington careerist.

To be fair though, it'd mean better pay for a lot of smaller departments.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Based on my RCMP experience, there is good and bad. More efficient in some ways, less so in others. The upside is that it reduces localized corruption (the agencies where the deputies are all relatives of the sheriff or chief) and it makes modernization much easier. You don't have individual CLEO's fighting against change when they're all part of a larger agency.

But your legal system is hosed anyways so how the hell are you going to have a national level law enforcement agency when you have state and federal laws cancelling each other out, and county level case law? :psyduck:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

There should be national standards but not a national police force. :can:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Kiryen posted:

To be fair though, it'd mean better pay for a lot of smaller departments.

I actually think a lot of small towns shouldn't have police forces. They're generally underpaid, under trained, under staffed, under equipped... The sheriff should handle all patrol unless a town has like 3000 people minimum and then they can operate a police force.

Half the time small towns don't even have 24 hour coverage and the sheriff takes over anyways.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
I'd work for the Royal American Mounted Rangers.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Untagged posted:

I'd work for the Royal American Mounted Rangers.

Sorry, Cmdr. Shepard wants us all to be Sheriffs and Deputies. You're stuck on jail duty until you cough up your campaign contribution.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

The fact that you guys want a national police force is so goddamn hilarious and scary at the same time, you should be lucky I'm keeping my composure as well as I am.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Sorry, Cmdr. Shepard wants us all to be Sheriffs and Deputies. You're stuck on jail duty until you cough up your campaign contribution.

Already done. :science:.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

^^
:laffo: You loving pussy.

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

The fact that you guys want a national police force is so goddamn hilarious and scary at the same time, you should be lucky I'm keeping my composure as well as I am.

#wellactually I said I was against a national police force, but national standards would be a good thing.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Local control meant something when we didn't have electricity and it took a week to send a message to the state Capitol by horse messenger. Now you just get thousands of petty kings in their petty castle being anal retentive shitlords because they are mayor/councilman/commissioner. We don't have laptops in our cars because one count commissioner literally said he doesn't believe in email and doesn't see the use and won't approve funding. I'd much rather my local rep have to be more involved than this idiot farmer

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

^^
:laffo: You loving pussy.

Well, it's how all most of our commanders seem to obtain and keep their jobs. Fast track baby :v:.

Not that isn't a perfect reason to de-politicize local policing. You know, with a federal agency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Where's meatsicle?

• Locked thread