Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
So, uh, guys that put wolf hunter poo poo on facebook are pretty awful.

amirite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
If every department mandated fitness standards for all officers, how many cops would be left?

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Hawaii.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Why resign when you get paid the same whether you bust your rear end or sit on it? Every BPD unit should be sitting behind an abandoned building watching youtube until they get a call, and then take their sweet time getting there.

So basically handle the call like an average cop.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

quote:

Hourly wage discussion.

I hate all of you.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Everybody wants their kids to be a special snowflake.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

DrakeriderCa posted:

One of the guys I work with gave his kids "special snowflake" names so I can't even make fun of them at work. :argh:

Do it, pussy.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Untagged posted:

So the entire state of PA?

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I've never had a good slice of pizza outside of the Chicago area. Never had NYC pizza but thin crust is what you order for kids and babies while the adults eat a real deep dish.

I love when I visit a friend or family member in some other state and they're raving about some local pizza joint that's complete amateur level garbage.

What I'm trying to say is if you're not eating Chicago area pizza, you're not eating pizza. And holy poo poo, lol thin crust, you poor idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrqSizC-T-4

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Shut up you probably spend half your shift chatting up the Casey's kitchen worker while eating their 3 hour old pizza rotating under the heat lamp while you top off your drink for free.

Edit - or maybe that's untagged.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Honestly what I miss the most about being in uniform is going into a gas station, pouring myself a cup of coffee, and then walking the gently caress out.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Pilot G2 10 point black for paper.

Pilot G2 5 point black for carbon forms.

Pilot G2 7 point red for supervisory duties.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
So now who's the lowest paid Copgoon?

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Untagged posted:

Got slammed while driving a marked cruiser and was told I wasn't allowed to take the hush money because workers comp would drop me if I had any injuries. Turned out I didn't need anything more than an ER bill. Missed out on a few $K. gently caress you HR.

Whip posted:

:siren: Wear your seatbelt or else you wont get the sweet Workman's Comp money if you get hurt in a vehicle accident. :siren:

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
The shaved head and beard is the creme de la creme of styles.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Pilot G2.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
7p-3a is a pretty boss shift.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Yeah that is a horrid idea for shift times.

Dumbass brass probably got promoted over it.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Cop gay. So What posted:

7p-3a is alright but it's still an 8 hour shift. 10s and 12s are where it's at.

Honestly three days a week is too much time off.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Lol if you worked today

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
One of the reasons leading up to my resignation was the radios. The repeater unit in our radio tower went out. The unit was so old that they stopped making spare parts for it in 2005. Instead of paying the $10k for a new system they tried to have the electronics guru from the maintenance dept fix it. He couldn't. Since no spare parts had been made since 2005. He spent over $2k buying used parts on eBay, which didn't work.

Our comms were limited to line of sight mobile to mobile and cell phones. For three months.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
In jurisdiction A (county) driving towards jurisdiction B (small city). About a mile from B line, get behind reckless/intoxicated operator. Call county, ask for B's dispatch. Am reminded of my location, tell county I will soon be in B so it's their problem. B dispatch answers, tells me I'm in A, starts to transfer me back to A. A and B get in discussion over who has jurisdiction. Finally get fed up and start yelling at B as to why I asked for them. Give location, description of vehicle, and reasons why I called. Have to repeat location three times. Vehicle description two more times. Reason for call an additional time.

Goddamn I haven't worn a uniform in over a year and dispatch still gets on my loving nerve. Why in TYOOL 2015 do po dunk rear end places have their own PSAP? Just use goddamn county.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
gently caress judges. They make stupid decisions. Also ADAs. You know what, gently caress everybody.

Also, I'm drunk.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
The gently caress is affray?

Still drunk. Is this one or ask a cop the drunk thread?

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Grem posted:

Fighting.

Hmm. Still prefer the DisCon blanket.

Shooting Blanks posted:

You should assume that cop posting = drunk posting.

Truth.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
The only thing I do when I hear a 70s cop tell stories is :stare: .

I mean... stay safe sheep dogs wolf hunters whatever the gently caress tshirts say these days.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Cop gay. So What posted:

Nothing in the article suggests that, you can cool it with the hyperbole guys.

"I'm not a ____ but..."

What mentality is that? Wearing a vest? Radioing in your stops? Watch your partners? Retreat and regroup if necessary? Avoid habit patterns? Train constantly?

In what world of law enforcement do you guys live in where these basic things aren't good officer safety tactics?

For all the dumb things in this job to hang your hat on, this article isn't it.

Have any of you guys ever been in a real fight? Do all of you just lock up park gates and patrol corn fields?

Nah occasionally I had to do a property check of the back nine.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Shep is a good guy. With mostly good political views.

I just didn't like the article because the first half seemed anti community policing, and the second half was full of poo poo that you already should know. If you suddenly realize wearing a vest is good because of some PoliceOne article, you are a dumb poo poo who should be stuck working dispatch. Or taking a lieutenant exam. Either way get your rear end off the streets.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Don't gently caress coworkers, you'll always regret it.

What about loving complainants?

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
I was actually a hired thug of the bourgeois and got no union.

Only three officers in the department had email though so my Cpl had to bitch about call ins the old fashioned way.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOTLP9rDiN4

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Are you gonna take advice from somebody who slapped P. Barnes?

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
They weren't afraid. They just didn't want to be liable for the cost.

Don't let them fool you. So long as they don't have to pay for it, they will gently caress poo poo up.

Automatic fire alarm? Roll an engine, a ladder, and roll EMS x2.
Fender bender? Roll a rescue, roll an engine, roll EMS x2, cut battery cables, extract patient with jaws, and roll MedEvac heli.
Oven fire? Roll engine x2, roll rescue x2, roll EMS x2, axe front door, axe kitchen door, hook up to hydrant x3, axe ceiling to vent smoke after fire is out, request outside jurisdictional response.
Working structure fire with flames showing? Shits already hosed up: roll an engine w/ extended ETA.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

And this is how I keep putting people in a cell for littering. Some divots seem to think that by not giving me their name and address that I'll let it slide or that there is nothing I can do. When they find out that they are now going to spend Friday night in a piss sodden cell they get emotional.

My hero.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
That stabilized video doesn't look good, though.

Doesn't matter because after that press conference there's gonna be a change of venir. Not guilty on all counts.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
AFAB

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
IIRC, Texas has a law on the books that anyone, LEO or civilian, may use deadly force to stop a person who has committed a felony involving violence or the threat of violence.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
WTF? Florida charge paperwork is only a page?

In PA the info and charges take three pages and the PC affidavit is another separate form.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Drakerider in...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Tac vests and drop legs?

• Locked thread