Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Vahakyla posted:

Trains own hard.

This guy knows what's up.

Justin Godscock posted:

Autism spotted.

Is there any way we can let the anti-vaxxers know they can shut the gently caress up know because we figured out trains cause autism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Branis posted:

I want a president who can throw down not some effeminate white man who throws limp wristed punches like rmoney demonstrated. Thats why in 2016 i'm voting for Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho for president.

A ticket we can all get behind!

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

If MLK had this picture during his speech, all our troubles would be over.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Whip Slagcheek posted:

That is Bandidos support gear. Maybe he was plainclothes/undercover? Or could just be that the cops are talking with this guy. Weird that he still has his weapons on him after that poo poo show.

I'm thinking he's undercover based on the total lack of visible tattoos.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Border Patrol mandated that for trainees. We had to leave that space on the offhand side in front free for OC spray. Once you're done with FTO though you can reconfigure however you want, so I moved my spray back behind my gun where my baton was. I like to have all the force options in one area, and that way all of it is hidden by my body when I'm dealing with someone.

Also, that is easily the fattest DPS trooper I ever saw. Holy poo poo.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Branis posted:

Theres plenty of norwegian descendants in the midwest. They are not attractive.

They also like lutefisk. :barf:

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Whip Slagcheek posted:

He's stopping tracked armored vehicles (wtf who's using a tracked vehicle for SWAT?)

I've seen photos of a few departments with M113s repainted, which is a lovely Viet Nam era aluminum box on tracks that's actually worse than an MRAP, but it has tracks so it's a SCARY MILITARIZED POLICE TANK!!

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I don't think it would serve the interests of local communities very well.

For all the problems people complain about with police accountability, it would be even worse when there is no local or state control over anything and instead if you want to file a complaint you call 1800fuckacop and wait 8-12 months for your issue to work through the bureaucracy.

And if current practice is any indication, absolutely NONE of those complaints would be dealt with without going completely through the entire process, no matter how absurd. So, the real complaints would be buried in a pile of bullshit and the fake complaints would likely be reviewed by some Washington careerist.

To be fair though, it'd mean better pay for a lot of smaller departments.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Reign Of Pain posted:

gently caress those god damned shitheels that are saying the bikers got preferential treatment over the people in Ferguson and Baltishitmore. gently caress em in the rear end until the room stinks and they bleed to death.

Not setting fire to things, looting stores, and not battling the cops definitely gets you preferential treatment. Also, only murdering other criminals.

I also hear that shoplifting gets preferential treatment over armed robbery. Obviously our biased system at work.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Uhm everyone knows the police are the biggest gang in America.

*flips leather jacket collar and flicks cigarette butt*

That's why surplus camo gets people so upset when the police wear it. You're not supposed to show your colors.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

I'm hoping for mass resignations by the Baltimore P.D.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Why resign when you get paid the same whether you bust your rear end or sit on it? Every BPD unit should be sitting behind an abandoned building watching youtube until they get a call, and then take their sweet time getting there.

Oh, I don't think they'd actually do it, for just that reason, but I do think it would be awesome if a significant percentage of them just walked off the job and said "fine, if you think so little of us deal with not having us around." With a work slowdown, the same people presently complaining about their policing will just start talking about how they "Aren't doing their jobs" and "blue wall" and poo poo.

I don't think many cops are likely to actually give up their income just to prove a point, though.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Mike-o posted:

Welp, this just happened last night literally down the street from me. I blame vets for takin yer jerbs, guy was a former MP.

http://www.theolympian.com/2015/05/21/3737619/two-suspected-shoplifters-shot.html

Some shitlord in D&D in their police "discussion" thread is claiming to have actually been there during the store robbery part and ( of course) claims the suspects didn't assault any store employees.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

I shudder to imagine what the D&D definition is.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Didn't he say just a while ago that he gets a little over $16 an hour after 5 years on?

So his reward for 5 years is making a dollar+ more than a McDonalds burger flipper.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Branis posted:

I agree wholeheartedly. It would also make small departmenst able to keep decent people who aren't locals. Small departments like mine turn into academy farms that hire people for 1-2 years, pay to train them and then they leave for bigger places, so you end up always short staffed.

I feel for you bro. I started full time 10 years ago at 16.40 an hour and that was considered piss poor pay in Ohio. I don't understand how they expect you to work for the poo poo they're paying you.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Mod request: Police Lounce 2.1: Do it, Pussy

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Smiling Jack posted:

Chicago pizza is an abomination

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I told you man, I eat that free food at work.

Edit: the key is to eat by yourself and not tell other cops where you go. Mother fuckers are like sharks in water. I've got a rotation of local businesses and chains that hook me the gently caress up.

We had an agent get caught putting on his uniform on his off-duty days to go to places that give BP a discount to get food for his family.

Some fuckers just have to ruin it for everyone.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Vahakyla posted:

They are mostly just stories.

Mostly

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Vahakyla posted:

Shep is the only real cop and anyone who disagrees with him is not a real cop and doesn't understand anykind of law enforcement. After all, if they would, they'd agree with Shep. He is also the only cop to have ever been in a physical altercation.

He's also one of the only cops that doesn't throw "lol Wolfhunter" at anything he disagrees with.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Whip Slagcheek posted:

when they slap on their lieutenant bare

Whatever you guys and your supervisors are into, keep it to yourself.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Whip Slagcheek posted:

i'm only upset because she's a pretty blonde white girl

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Vahakyla posted:

Though as a stopgap I guess I'd be for halving the amount of patrols, ignoring smaller poo poo as to not overwork the patrols and having cops in pairs for overall good.

This is a ridiculous overreaction to an unusual situation. There is nothing wrong with cops patrolling alone in most places.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Branis posted:

Anybody else getting sick of facebook memes from cops about obama not saying anything about the recent killings? These same retards would be mad if he did say something

You're not wrong, but by the same token if he did say something it would almost certainly be idiotic.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

DrakeriderCa posted:

Yep. Between moronic political posts (including poo poo about Obama we aren't even American wtf) and constant hassle about me not going to the annual formal ball I'm sick of it.

Yesh no poo poo. I just want to semi keep in touch with people from college and places we used to live and for like half of the its endless memes and bad opinions about their pet issues.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Vahakyla posted:

Shep says taxes are nice and get good poo poo. A good post.

I like our new liberal Shep way more.

Taxes are way better when you actually get something for them.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Branis posted:

I miss the days when we hosed around in mexico, and central and south america and not middle eastern poo poo holes. I feel like you'd get a lot more people enlisting if they knew they would get occupation duty in Tijuana rather than Kandahar.

Truth. I'd trade suicide bombers for tequila and weed any day.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

I tried King Cobra once just to see what it was all about. I'm amazed I still have teeth or a stomach lining.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Network42 posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Skilcraft-Government-Retractable-Point-7520-00-935-7135/dp/B0055KSNYK

The preferred pen of the federal jack booted thug, because they're free from the supply cage. Do you guys seriously spend your own money on pens?

Yes. Skilcrafts are for aliens to sign their deportation documents with.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Yea well you guys have fun doing your real police work, I'll keep pulling in six figures. :homebrew:

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Cop gay. So What posted:

36k is more than a 15/hr living wage so I don't know why you're complaining. It's exactly what you guys want.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

it's almost as if 15/hr should be the floor for wages because it really isn't that much money...

:fuckoff:

:ughh:

Because giving people more money to spend without increasing the supply of goods definitely won't drive the cost of those goods up or anything. You're loving the guy that makes $18 an hour when you do this - his prices go up, you push him closer to the wage floor, and what little he does have eventually becomes just another "living wage".

In ten years we'll hear about how $30 is supposedly the new "floor" because it's "really not that much money" never mind that the wages for people presently making $30 or $40 won't also have doubled in that time.

You want to help people? Stop taxing their gas they use to get to work, their basic goods, and the booze and smokes they buy. Using people's needs, minor pleasures in life - or worse, their addictions - and taxing what little they make THAT way while pretending that cutting the income tax they already don't pay is helping them is truly low.

It's almost as if "floor wages" are a terrible idea that is appealing to people with terrible opinions because it's simple to understand. :ms:

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Smoking should be taxed into extinction.

There's got to be a better way of doing that than turning some Wal Mart worker's addiction against them though.

quote:

Also, lol if you think a wage floor solves anything at all except forcing more people into the lower class.

:agreed:

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

would

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Rad Lieutenant posted:

We had a guy fired for that lol

Same.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Yeah and he was about to get caught for embezzling money from his agency's explorer program. gently caress that guy.

Fortunately he took care of that himself.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Close cropped hair, oakleys, under armor shirt, 5.11 pants, drop leg holster.

Yep, can confirm as douchebags.

Edit: can't forget the inconveniently located flexicuffs.

Those aren't drop-leg holsters. 5-yard douchebaggery deduction, repeat 1st down.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

You can see the drop-leg strap clear as day, holster extensions that put it down off the belt 1) aren't that low, and 2) don't have a strap.

If that's their idea of a drop-leg holster, what purpose does it even serve? It's supposed to put it straight under your hand when your arm is fully extended down. Lowering it 2 inches from a normal holster doesn't do anything, strap or no strap. It's on their hips, not their legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Rad Lieutenant posted:

They're just wearing them high, some people prefer them there. Really the point of the drop holster is the put the gun lower than the waist so that a ballistic vest doesn't interfere with the draw. Try wearing armor with plates and getting your pistol out of a regular duty belt/holster.

If you say so but I'll be dogged if I ever saw them that high before. :shrug:

• Locked thread