Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I don't even vote :beerpal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Ask me what it's like to bitch about how worthless several of your commanders are, not realizing one of the people you are speaking to is a commander. In my defense it was off-duty, and they've been a commander in my department forever and as evidence of their worthlessness I had no idea who they were.

Whatever.

:gizz:.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

So. We're both looking for new jobs then: :getin:

JayKay is gonna hook us up yo.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Relative to JayKay's recent promotion this will be me and whip.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

It's all right in front of me on my TacticooLOL vest.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Came on duty to 7 holding calls. gently caress you day shift.

:negative:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

I'd work for the Royal American Mounted Rangers.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Sorry, Cmdr. Shepard wants us all to be Sheriffs and Deputies. You're stuck on jail duty until you cough up your campaign contribution.

Already done. :science:.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

^^
:laffo: You loving pussy.

Well, it's how all most of our commanders seem to obtain and keep their jobs. Fast track baby :v:.

Not that isn't a perfect reason to de-politicize local policing. You know, with a federal agency.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

You two are the cutest couple. :glomp:.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Police Motorcycle Gangs...

1%'s.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

THE MALE COPS HAD NO RIGHT TO TOUCH THESE FEMALES.

Do people really think guy cops can't touch chicks or something? I hear that poo poo all the time and I have no idea where it came from.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Natalie Dormer helping to make my ot shift go faster. Switching between GoT and The Tudors. :fap:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Oh man these comments are a gold mine.

OHHH THAT'S HOW WE SHOULD DO IT GUYS :bravo:

e:

WHY ISN'T POLICING IN THE REAL WORLD HOW IT LOOKS ON THE TELEVISION IN MY PARENTS BASEMENT

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

:siren: Baltimore Officers indicted :siren:

lol Baltimore is going to burn to the ground and their police force isn't going to do poo poo to stop it.

Where you been, it's already started.

The Western District has already surpassed the murder rate from last year in just five months. And 30 plus more murders city-wide compared to this time last year. I don't even think they are counting the number of shootings that haven't resulted in death any more, the stats are off the charts. Buddy of mine that works down there said it's the worst he has ever seen it.

From the Chief's interview yesterday:

"Officers tell me and their supervisors, any time they pull up to respond to a call, they have 30 to 50 people surrounding them," Batts said. "We have to send in multiple units just to do basic police work..."

Untagged fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 21, 2015

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

I need one of these with Baltimore burning in the background as my AV.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Kiryen posted:

Some shitlord in D&D in their police "discussion" thread is claiming to have actually been there during the store robbery part and ( of course) claims the suspects didn't assault any store employees.

I'm glad this is the first reply.

semper wifi posted:

Do you use a real-world definition of assault or the DND definition, though?

Because, well...

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

loving tragic. Glad to see there is a fund for that family already well on the way.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

DOES SOMEONE STEALING A WATERMELON DESERVE TO BE SHOT? I DON'T THINK SO!

I'd hit you over the head with a skateboard if I could. You know, just to see if it makes robbery ok.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Also,

Untagged posted:

I'd hit you over the head with a skateboard if I could.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

http://www.omahapolicefoundation.org/?page_id=40

They also have a fund set up at the local police credit union.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Someone get AB/Eva Braun Blowjobs on this. I want Camden on fire behind this guy.

Look what I found. You know, except Baltimore.

Also,

Heh.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 23, 2015

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

That plus staffing in a lot of areas is worthless. People demand community policing and want cops to be more personable, but then refuse to pay for it. You think I don't want to get out of my car and do a foot beat and play basketball with the kids? I'd love to, but I'm down three reports and calls are holding. Honestly I think one of the best ways to deal with the current perception issues is to raise pay and increase staffing across the board.

It's funny watching the D&D types say we need less police, but advocate for more community policing in the same breath. That is impossible in about 95% of the country.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

ZixTheYeti posted:

The only good thing about "special snowflake" names is that it just makes it that much easier to verify it's the same person listed on the warrant.

Favorite is probably Shithead Johnson. Pronounced "Shi-Thead" of course. Hey poo poo Head! Oh I mean Shithead! You got a warrant!

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

So a NOLA (Housing Authority) cop got waxed just sitting in his cruiser yesterday. Beanie any local details? The one article said they just happened to find the vehicle at 7AM. Wondering if status checks are a thing down there, or if not at least the he should have been off duty at 5AM or whatever I wonder where he is check.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

They'll check our status if we're marked out on a call or something, but that's it. Although we don't usually have hours go by without either radio or MDT traffic so the dispatchers know we're still moving around. My old agency was the every hour after like midnight checks. Although it was usually the dispatcher's discretion, and sometimes it started as early as like 9pm.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

ZixTheYeti posted:

If it's the same CAD as ours (probably not, but I'm sure it's similar), the interval on the status check is not random and is actually set based on the officer's dispatch status. Like in our CAD, once an officer has been on a traffic stop for three minutes he blinks on the screen and needs to be checked on. Everything has a preset timer of one, three, five, ten, etc. minutes but this is more like a reminder to check status and as Untagged mentioned, dispatcher's discretion is a factor. We will often check on our officers before the timer flashes depending on the circumstances of the call or if our Spidey Sense is tingling.

Do you all actually check though? Ours is a timer, but routinely our dispatchers just hit the *status ok* button and don't actually bother checking. I'll be on a traffic stop for a while and never once have a status check, but there in the call notes is two *status ok* updates. Lazy Fuckers.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Branis posted:

I have a cousin who named her kid jameson, which is normal, but she tells everybody its cause she named him after her favorite whiskey.

YOU HAVE FETAL ALCOHOL SYNDROME BECAUSE OF YOUR NAMESAKE

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Just another thing white people took from black people. :viggo:.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

:madmax:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Makes sense.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

A day shifter that didn't hold the call over for 2nds? I'm phone posting otherwise I'd put that suspicious emote here. :crossarms:

Obviously a fake poster. So obligatory MODS?!

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

I'm not inviting anyone from my agency anymore, I tried that once and ended up discovering a redditor who refused to even talk about SA. Some nonsense about GOON SWARM and EVE and SHIPS. It was all A BIG DEAL. :what:

All I was saying was I thought you'd find the website funny.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

See a lot a O.com and Fox News and Drudge in roll call. Although Drudge isn't too bad in the "did anything major happen while I was a sleep all day" sense.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Mezmerize works in one of those lovely speed trap towns where the limit drops from 55 to 25 while on a hill.

So the entire state of PA?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

No knock warrant your beers in style...

http://amzn.to/1dGWE0d

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Shut up you probably spend half your shift chatting up the Casey's kitchen worker while eating their 3 hour old pizza rotating under the heat lamp while you top off your drink for free.

Edit - or maybe that's untagged.

what a dick

and now I feel obligated to say that while this very conversation was taking place I was ordering a lovely slice of pizza from a local shop. although the not really cute but semi ok in the only place that's open kind of way chick that normally works the counter wasn't there. but at least i know the pizza is lovely so whatever. i enjoyed my refill. :colbert:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

most sovereign citizens of that type are suffering from legit mental illness or instability. best thing to do would be wait for backup, then brake the window. no sense in fighting a dude by yourself when the person you are dealing with might be attempting to become king sovereign youtube douchebag and you don't know what he plans after you start the arrest.

but yeah, after about a minute it was clear there would be no lawful compliance and i probably would have retrieved my window pop. ask, tell, show!

Untagged fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 3, 2015

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

I'm just happy the local subway still gives me 10% off. Too many dayshifters ran the 50% off in to the ground. But they get no discount anymore so there's that :ssh:.

• Locked thread