Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You're telling me McNair only throws 14 passes and he plays the whole game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

the eagles losing streak is the best thing ever and im disappointed that the season cant go to 99 games so that I can see it make it the whole way

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Ross Angeles posted:

:siren: Week Sixteen :siren:

Dallas at Buffalo Dallas wins, 17-13

Well at least it got one thing right

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami missing the playoffs after such a strong shot really would be the most accurate prediction ever

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
There is 0 chance any Colts team from Indianapolis beats the 72 Dolphins unless Peyton Manning goes boss and throws for 600 yards...even then.

Kenton Keith with 109 yards is hilarious.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Athanatos posted:

There is 0 chance any Colts team from Indianapolis beats the 72 Dolphins unless Peyton Manning goes boss and throws for 600 yards...even then.

Kenton Keith with 109 yards is hilarious.

That's Player of the Game: Kenton Keith, to you.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Hey look, someone at CBS is a goon:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25228031/identifying-the-best-single-season-team-in-every-nfl-franchises-history

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

They picked a better Browns year.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

I hope this doesn't die so close to the playoffs :ohdear:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
no i've just been busy with dumb real life stuff

I will get back to this soon

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Okay Hi

:siren: Week Seventeen! :siren:

San Diego at Denver San Diego wins, 23-20
Oakland at Kansas City Kansas City wins, 34-13
New York Jets at Buffalo Jets win, 42-17
New England at Miami Miami wins, 35-17
Baltimore at Cincinnati Baltimore wins, 27-15
Pittsburgh at Cleveland Pittsburgh wins, 31-23
Tennessee at Indianapolis Indianapolis wins, 37-10
Jacksonville at Houston Jacksonville wins, 20-17
Tampa Bay at Carolina Tampa Bay wins, 13-6
New Orleans at Atlanta Atlanta wins, 23-17
Washington at Dallas Dallas wins, 27-19
Philadelphia at New York Giants Philadelphia wins, 24-21
Detroit at Chicago Chicago wins, 23-20
Minnesota at Green Bay Green Bay wins, 20-17
Seattle at Arizona Seattle wins, 20-7
St. Louis at San Francisco St. Louis wins, 31-10

Miami: 11-5, 5-1
New York: 10-6, 3-3
New England: 9-7, 3-3
Buffalo: 5-11, 2-4

Baltimore: 12-4, 3-3
Pittsburgh: 10-6, 5-1
Cleveland: 5-11, 3-3
Cincinnati: 3-13, 1-5

Houston: 10-6, 4-2
Jacksonville: 9-7, 5-1
Indianapolis: 7-9, 2-4
Tennessee: 3-13, 1-5

Denver: 11-5, 5-1
San Diego: 10-6, 5-1
Kansas City: 5-11, 1-5
Oakland: 4-12, 1-5

Washington, 12-4, 5-1
Philadelphia, 7-9, 2-4
New York: 6-10, 3-3
Dallas: 5-11, 2-4

Green Bay: 11-5, 4-2
Chicago: 11-5, 3-3
Minnesota: 7-9, 3-3
Detroit: 6-10, 2-4

Tampa Bay: 12-4, 6-0
New Orleans: 8-8, 1-5
Carolina: 7-9, 4-2
Atlanta: 3-13, 1-5

St. Louis: 11-5, 4-2
San Francisco: 11-5, 4-2
Seattle: 9-7, 3-3
Arizona: 6-10, 1-5

Your Playoff Teams:

1. Baltimore 12-4
2. Miami 11-5*
3. Denver 11-5
4. Houston 10-6
5. Pittsburgh 10-6**
6. San Diego 10-6

1. Washington 12-4***
2. Tampa Bay 12-4
3. St. Louis 11-5****
4. Green Bay 11-5
5. San Francisco 11-5*****
6. Chicago 11-5

* - Wins 2 seed over Denver based on being 4-1 in common games with Denver (2-3). Teams have equal 9-3 conference records
** - Steelers and Chargers win wild card spots, both having an 8-4 Conference record compared to 7-5 for New York Jets. Pittsburgh wins 5 seed over San Diego based on H2H victory
*** - Washington wins 1 seed over Tampa Bay via H2H victory
**** - St. Louis wins NFC West over San Francisco via 2-0 H2H sweep, and wins 3 seed over Green Bay via H2H victory
***** - San Francisco wins 5 seed over Chicago based on H2H victory

Wild Card Matchups:

(6)San Diego at (3)Denver
(5)Pittsburgh at (4)Houston

(6)Chicago at (3)St. Louis
(5)San Francisco at (4)Green Bay

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

:sigh: Of course the Jets are out on a weak tiebreaker like that. Strong end to the season, at least.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Haha gently caress the jets best simulation ever

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Even in a win the Colts run way too loving much.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Never doubt my choices when it comes to silly simulation games again

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

gently caress no Bengals to beat in the first round only to then lose to the Ravens.

Also no Pats (and no Jets) so this is a Pretty Good Sim imo

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I am worried about a playoff versus the Chargers.

That's how computer me would realize that he's living in a simulation.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Never doubt my choices when it comes to silly simulation games again

Pfft, as if you knew Rodney Bradley was going to blow up.

But yah, playoff Flacco. Respect.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Boring rear end dumb NFC first:

at

In this early playoff matchup of two all time great teams, only one can advance.

The Bears dominate the first quarter, taking the opening kickoff 72 yards in five and a half minutes before punching it into the endzone and taking a 7-0 lead. The Rams respond with a drive that stalls near midfield, but on the ensuing drive, the Bears methodically march down the field, and tack on a field goal before the end of the first, leading the game 10-0.

The Bears defense opens up the 2nd quarter by forcing another punt from the powerful Rams offense. The Bears ground game and short passing game starts to take over, going 92 yards in seven minutes, before Jim McMahon scrambles the last ten yards into the endzone, putting the Bears in a commanding lead, 17-0. After a pair of punts from both teams, the Rams finally start to show some offense, but the clock works against them, as Kurt Warner's last ditch hail mary into the endzone falls incomplete as time expires, going into the locker room with the Bears leading 17-0.

The Bears defense starts asserting its will in the third quarter, and the offense is content to try and grind the clock out. The Rams offense never gets closer than the Bears 47 yardline as the quarter is a series of punts and field position for both teams, the quarter ending relatively quickly, still 17-0 Chicago.

The final quarter opens with another tradeoff of punts, but this time the Rams would take advantage of the good field position. With a quick series of passes, the Rams offense finally shows some of its quick strike ability, as Warner finds Azhir Hakim in the endzone for the Rams' first points of the day, cutting the Chicago advantage to 10. It would be quick lived however, as the subsequent drive would see the Bears grind the ball down the field, before setting up for a short field goal to extend the lead to 13. With few options left, the Rams would go to the hurry up offense but to no avail, as the Bears close the game out, beating the St. Louis Rams by a score of 20-17.

Bears win, 20-7

at

In our second NFC Wild Card matchup, the 5th seeded San Francisco 49ers travel to the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field. Over the course of the 90s, the Packers and 49ers had quite a few playoff matchups, with most going the Packers way. Let's see what happens in this game.

The Packers win the toss and immediately start to drive the ball down the field, however, after stalling at the 49ers 35 yard line, the Packers elect to go for it on fourth down, where a Favre scramble is stopped for a turnover on downs. In one fell swoop, the 49ers reverse field position as a Tom Rathman carry gains 50 yards. A few plays later, Joe Montana connects with Jerry Rice in the endzone to put the 49ers up by 7. The Packers and 49ers offense remain fairly quiet after that until the end of the quarter, with both teams trading punts.

The 49ers have the ball to open the 2nd quarter, and drive down just far enough to put themselves in field goal range before the drive stalls. A 44 yard try puts the 49ers up in the game, 10-0. The Packers finally start to get something going on offense in the next drive, but misfortune hits as Edgar Bennett fumbles the ball at midfield, with the 49ers recovering. Luckily for Green Bay, Jerry Rice fumbles the ball on the subsequent drive inside the red zone, with Green Bay recovering. The offense goes cold again however, as a three and out forces the Packers to punt. As the 49ers get the ball back in good field position with just under 4 minutes to go, they quickly move the ball down the field, before the offense stalls at the 30. Another field goal puts the lead to 13 for San Francisco. Another three and out for the Packers, aided by San Francisco timeouts, gives the ball right back to the 49ers with 39 seconds left. Green Bay is unable to stop the 49ers from getting into field goal range yet again, and the 49ers hook in a 53 yard attempt, leaving the score at halftime, 16-0 San Francisco.

Green Bay kicks off to begin the second half, and the defense comes out flying, forcing a punt from the 49ers. The Packers finally get the spark they're looking for, as they return the punt 82 yards and into the endzone for a touchdown, cutting the lead from 16 to 9. The Packers defense holds strong on the next possession, forcing a three and out from San Francisco. Green Bay is on a roll now, moving the ball down the field slowly, until Edgar Bennett rips off a 37 yard run down the sideline, going into the endzone and finally giving us a game, the Packers down now just two points. After two more punts, one from each team, the 49ers give the Packers the break they've been looking for, as Joe Montana throws an ill-advised interception at the Packers 36, giving Green Bay the ball, and momentum as the third quarter ends.

The Packers begin the 4th by driving the ball down to field goal range before the offense stalls, and take their first lead of the game on a 39 yard field goal. The lead would be short lived however, as San Francisco would march right down the field on the next possession, a 30 yard run by Roger Craig capping off a sub 3 minute drive to give the 49ers the lead again, though they would miss the 2 point conversion, the score standing at 22-17. The Packers offense struggles on its next possession, only able to get it out to their own 40 yard line before Favre overthrows a target on 3rd down. San Francisco's special teams awaken, returning the punt down to the Green Bay 5. The Packers defense, to its credit, holds the 49ers out of the endzone and keeps them in the game, as they tack on a short field goal, the score standing at 25-17. With three minutes to go and down 8, the Packers are in trouble. The offense just can't get going, as holding penalty on third down negates a first down, leaving them with a 3rd and 16. A long pass falls incomplete, and San Francisco takes over on downs. At the two minute warning, the 49ers can just burn the clock after a couple of rushes up the middle. But instead, on third and seven, Montana connects with Rice in the endzone for a 21 yard touchdown strike, ballooning the score to 32-17. The Packers try to force the issue on the kickoff, but four straight incompletions give the ball back to San Francisco. After three straight kneel downs, the 49ers can just let the clock run out.

Instead, they kick another field goal with three seconds left on the clock. The 49ers are dicks.

49ers win, 35-17

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Love the write-ups

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Warner: 14 pass attempts. Uh, yeah, I don't think so. This sim is dumb.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Even in a fake simulation I really want Houston to trash Pittsburgh (I know that prob won't happen but).

God I need some rookie interviews from a TC stat.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hawks go 9-7 and miss the playoffs, my childhood is alive and well

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Simulation is sketchy at best, it clearly doesn't factor in 2013 Russell Wilson Bullshit like it should :colbert:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Yep

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ross Angeles posted:

at
After three straight kneel downs, the 49ers can just let the clock run out.

Instead, they kick another field goal with three seconds left on the clock. The 49ers are dicks.

49ers win, 35-17
Hahaha that's great. We need more points!

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Ross

Ross.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

2014 Patriots vs 2007 Patriots
Both teams set to pass heavy

2014 team wins 34-31

Player of the game is 2007 Laurence Maroney with 141 yards and 3 touchdowns
Both Tom Bradys combine for 2 touchdowns total
Something called a Cole Stanford gets 7 rushing attempts for 22 yards :iiam:

At least this part seems familiar:

code:
2007 New England (NEW) at 0:37
0:37	1/10	own 25	34 - 31	131	Brady overthrows Welker and the pass is incomplete. 

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Has this ever been done in reverse here, i.e. everyone picks the worst season for each team, and losers advance?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

sean10mm posted:

Has this ever been done in reverse here, i.e. everyone picks the worst season for each team, and losers advance?

I don't know if it was a full season, but SA2K did a Worst Ever Season where, naturally, the 0-16 Lions lost it all.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I would like to see if the Tampa Bay Buccaneers win this tournament please thanks

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
There's too much hope in Miami. A one and done playoff should set us straight.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ok I'll finish this over the weekend.

I'm scared to Sim chargers/broncos

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
There's too much hope in Miami. A one and done playoff should set us straight.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
How did you double post 7 minutes apart

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

@

In this wild card playoff, we see the San Diego Chargers travel to Denver to meet the Broncos for a third meeting this season. The Broncos took the two previous meetings, so let's see how the all important third game turns out.

Denver receives the kickoff to open the game, and sets up at their own 40. After a few quick first downs, the Denver drive stalls at the Chargers 14, which brings out Matt Prater to put Denver on the board first, 3-0. The Chargers however counter with a long drive of their own, before bogging down in the Denver red zone and bringing out Nate Kaeding to boot a short field goal, tying the game at 3. The two teams would trade three and outs before the first quarter would expire, with Denver facing fourth down at the Charger 33.

Prater lines up a 50 yard try to start the second, but it sails wide right, giving the Bolts the ball in good field position. The Chargers would capitalize, taking the ball down the field before capping it off with a 19 yard pass to Vincent Jackson for a touchdown, putting the Chargers up 10-3. After another Denver three and out, the Chargers would manage a couple of first downs before punting the ball back to the Broncos with under four minutes to go on the clock. Denver would be unable to do anything with the ball however, and would put it back to the Chargers with 1:13 left on the clock. Not content to take the 7 point lead into the half, the Chargers would try for more. Unfortuately, Rivers would force a pass into double coverage and would be picked off, Denver taking over at the Chargers 41. With under a minute to go, Peyton Manning would engineer a classic two minute drive, before hitting Decker in the endzone for the tying score with 22 seconds left in the half. San Diego would take the ensuing kickoff and just run the ball, heading into halftime at 10-10.

San Diego would receive the opening kickoff of the half, but despite a six minute drive, would punt at midfield. Denver though, would go three and out and put it right back to the Chargers, would would take over at the 50. And just like that, the Chargers would tack on a touchdown after LaDainian Tomlinson breaks a tackle, and zips the fifty yards right up the middle for the score. The Chargers defense would start to hold, forcing another quick punt from Denver, giving the ball right back to the suddenly hot Chargers offense. They would slowly grind their way down the field and into the Denver redzone as time runs out in the third quarter, the Chargers leading 17-10.

The fourth quarter opens with the Chargers inside the Denver 10, and two plays later, Lorenzo Neal takes it in from 12 yards out, extending the Charger lead to 14. Denver's offense would start to warm up the next drive, crossing midfield and into the Chargers red zone, but would come to a sudden end when an errant throw was picked off by Clinton Hart, giving the ball back to the Chargers with under 10 minutes to go in the game. Content to just run clock, the Chargers would drain precious minutes off the clock before punting the ball back to Denver from midfield with five minutes to go. Denver, whose offense is ice cold, goes four and out and gives the ball right back to San Diego. Three running plays later, the Chargers tack on another field goal to extend the lead to 17 with 2:30 to go. Four straight Denver incompletions later, the Chargers once again take over. Rivers kneels three times to run out the clock, but the Chargers, with three seconds left, kick another meaningless field goal as the game ends, the Chargers emerging victorious, 30-10.

LaDainian Tomlinson earns player of the game honors, with 21 carries for 110 yards and a touchdown

San Diego wins, 30-10

@

Our second wild card game features a game across eras. The Steel Curtain of the 1978 Steelers travels to take on the Houston Texans, a running team in the midst of the golden passing era.

The Steelers waste no time in establishing their offense. After taking the opening kickoff, they start to grind down the field, getting all the way down to the Houston goal line. However, the offense stalls and a penalty pushes the Steelers back so that they have to settle for a 37 yard field goal to go up 3-0. The Steeler defense stands up strong, forcing a three and out and getting the ball back to the offense. They put together another hard nosed drive that resembles the first one, right down to stalling at the 20 yard line and putting up another 37 yard field goal to go up 6-0. The next Houston possession is much like the first, as two running plays are snuffed out, and Jack Ham drops Schaub on third down, forcing a fourth down as time expires in the first half with the Steelers holding a 6-0 lead.

After a punt to open the second quarter, the Steelers quickly cross midfield, moving into field goal range yet again, but fortunes turn when Swann tries to stretch for a first down, fumbling the ball in the process. The Texans take advantage, and orchestrate a 7 minute drive to get themselves into the Steelers red zone, before kicking a field goal to trim the lead in half with just over three minutes to go in the first half. The Steelers offense stalls at midfield in the coming drive, and punts the ball away at midfield. The Texans special teams step up, returning the punt 85 yards for a touchdown, going up with under a minute to go in the half, 10-6. Another punt by the Steelers leaves the Texans with 10 seconds left, and we head into the locker room with Houston leading 10-6.

Both defenses come out strong in the third quarter, as we see three straight three and outs, with Houston punting twice and Pittsburgh punting once. On the Steelers second drive of the quarter, their offense continues to stall, but are aided by a couple of lucky penalties and a fumble recovery. It's all for naught however, and Pittsburgh has to punt the ball away. Houston seizes the opportunity and starts revving their own offense up, moving the ball down the field and to the Steelers 25 as the quarter ends scoreless, Houston still leading 10-6.

The fourth quarter opens with the Steeler defense holding in the red zone, forcing another Houston field goal to extend the lead to 7. The teams trade three and outs after that, and then Pittsburgh punts again, still down 7 with 6:30 left to go and Houston in position to grind clock. Houston is able to take four precious minutes off the clock and cross midfield again before punting again, giving the ball back to the Steelers on their own 15 just outside the two minute warning. The Steelers offense looks completely dead, until Lynn Swann gains a step on his defender, and makes a huge 69 yard catch before being forced out of bounds at the Houston 8. The next play, Franco Harris runs the ball into the endzone to tie the game with 1:30 left on the clock. With just 90 seconds to go, the Steeler defense bogs down and holds Houston to just shy of midfield, letting the clock expire and send this playoff game to overtime.

Pittsburgh wins the toss in OT and returns the kickoff to their own 37. Pittsburgh keeps the ball on the ground, grinding past midfield and all the way down to the Houston 25 before the offense stalls. However, the game winning field goal soars wide left, giving the Texans a shot. The would not relent, using a 37 yard catch to flip field position, and then keep the ball on the ground, Tate and Foster grinding down inside the Pittsburgh 5. On fourth down, Neil Rackers would boot through a 20 yard field goal to end the game, sending Houston through to the next round to face Miami.

Lynn Swann would earn Player of the Game honors in a losing effort, with 6 catches for 136 yards and a touchdown.

Houston wins, 16-13 F/OT

Divisional Round:

San Diego at Baltimore
Houston at Miami

Chicago at Washington
San Francisco at Tampa Bay

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hahaha, the Texans are playing the Dolphins. The team we've never lost to in real life. And in the sim.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah I knew this would happen

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
This sim loving loves it some running backs/run games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
This sim has been pretty bad. Apparently pass heavy means 15 passes a game.

• Locked thread