Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many seasons will we make it?
This poll is closed.
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3+ 1 25.00%
It won't even see its first season 3 75.00%
Total: 4 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

That's right, a new NCAA 14 dynasty after almost 2 years and EA shenanigans!

So the EA servers have been working perfectly now going on 2 weeks! We lost a lot of people from the SEC dynasty (which will continue running) because of the EA server issues and also some people are not keen about having to work with the coach XP bug if they joined after the start. So I created this dynasty in a drunken stupor the other night after I'd been considering it for a while (and got some of the people who left the SEC dynasty that said they'd be willing to join a fresh dynasty to not have to deal with the XP bug and/or their neglecting their team because of EA).

The dynasty's actual name is "LastChanceYo", but I like DrunkDynasty and wish I could change it but will continue to use the unofficial name cause I created it while drunk and I am from Louisiana to boot.

The basics -

1) This is not a single-conference dynasty. We're limiting it to 4 players per conference though, but you are not required to join any particular conference. If you want to play as a 1* team, or in a conference on your own, that's fine. OOC schedules will match you up against other users. If you choose a team that is most definitely not a powerhouse, scheduling will be set up so you don't end up getting crushed multiple times by other users. If you pick a team that would absolutely not have any user games with the default schedule, you will at least be given 2 user games depending on how strong your team is. If you want to have a light user game schedule, don't pick a 4* or greater team for sure. We'll handle this case-by-case, but I don't think we'll have to worry much about it.

2) CPU game restarts are fine so that we can try to have user CCGs and bowl games, but just get them done ASAP if possible. You can restart as many times as you need to, but please don't do this just to pad stats or to get rid of a minor injury suffered during the game. (if it's a multi-game injury, and since this is possibly our last "new" dynasty, I want it to be as fun as possible, so if you have a giant disparity in ratings between your injured player and his backup, that's fine - I trust you guys to play fair and make the right calls)

3) Games against AP'd users are NOT CPU games. Everything stated in #2 does not apply if you end up having to play a user who is temporarily on AP. If you're not sure if it's temporary, just ask - if someone is going to be AP for the rest of the season, I would consider them a CPU opponent.

4) Difficulty: All American vs CPU, All American vs Users / 6 Minute Quarters / No Recruiting Boosters / Ice the Kicker is On / Homefield Advantage is On / Coaches Start at Level 20

5) If someone is playing like a dick against you, bring it up. If it's becoming a pattern where any particular user is getting complaints, we will handle it and hopefully not lose a player due to it. Not all players in the dynasty are goons. Although most of the non-goons are people we've played against, there may be a few new people, and it's possible they have bad habits and hopefully won't throw a fit if I have to give them a talking-to.

The Teams (will be updating as people join up)

SEC

(West) #14 LSU - John Brown (GT: True Cryme)
(East) Florida - Diodeous (GT: BenedictWong)
(East) South Carolina - Jes/GroupMe (GT: GatorJes)

Big 10

(Legends) #6 Michigan State - cletus42o (GT: cletus42o)
(Legends) Nebraska - Adam/GroupMe (GT: PFunk81)
(Legends) Minnesota - Dubious (GT: Dubious28SS)

ACC

(Coastal) North Carolina - Crowe/GroupMe (GT: JCrowe19)
(Atlantic) #15 Clemson - Tyler/GroupMe (GT: WeenisWrinkle04)

PAC12

(North) #5 Oregon - Texas A. Wreckus (GT: QuikDrawQuincy)

MWC

(Mountain) #23 Boise State - Nick/GroupMe (GT: Venom173)

:siren: :siren:
The GroupMe room for the dynasty can be joined here - https://groupme.com/join_group/14006457/KvqRRz - please join it so scheduling will be easier for everyone!
:siren: :siren:

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I nominate all user games must be played drunk

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I nominate all user games must be played drunk
Wait.. have you guys mostly been sober for our games in all the dynasties?? Not you Dio, but everyone else.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
I'm in as Oregon. I already have 3 other dynasties as my alma mater PSU so I'll rep the Pac 12.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

I'm in as Oregon. I already have 3 other dynasties as my alma mater PSU so I'll rep the Pac 12.
Awesome, glad you're joining!

Is there any way to convince you to join up in the GroupMe room? It's got a phone app if you're into that, or just the web interface. If you go the phone route, just be prepared for times when people may be chatting a lot - if you have notifications turned on, you might decide to kill the app - but you can turn that poo poo off so don't let it dissuade you. But you can get phone notifications from direct messages (so if someone is trying to schedule with you, they might DM you) if you turn the room notifications off.

It will definitely help you schedule with the non-goons - and us goons, too, even. It would really be helpful if you could give it a try. I know you don't seem to mind so much when weeks get advanced on you, but we should have (and you especially being the only Pac12'er so far) fewer user games so I don't want to have to AP you against anyone (for their sake more than yours if I'm being honest!).

Or if there is some other way you can suggest that I can get your attention when you've got a user game and/or you're the last one to play, just let me know and I'd be happy to be the middle-man.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I'll hop in and grab Minnesota tonight.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

I'll hop in and grab Minnesota tonight.
Okay, just waiting on you (you didn't join last night :saddowns:) and then to find out if ZSB is joining, before I extend an invite to one more person.

Was hoping the guy playing Mizzou wasn't going MIA for so long, I thought he would have been a lock to join, but if we are pretty much ready to go this weekend, at least if he joins later he'll start at level 20.

Going to ask one other person I hadn't asked yet once we've got our goons locked in, then any open spots will go to the two guys on GroupMe who said they'd like to join at the start to avoid the XP bug but may be on AP for a few weeks (past school stuff) - or they may not play at all, but they'll just get kicked if we find someone else who wants to join if they're taking up all the slots.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
yea i ended up subscribing to the thread title last night, lol. will do this afternoon when i get home.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'd like to do one more breeze over my board now that more players have arrived.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

I'd like to do one more breeze over my board now that more players have arrived.
Waiting for Dubious to join, and going to give the two guys who said they would take spots to hold onto for later (and Mizzou if he resurfaces) at least a couple of days before we start it off officially. So you've got time.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Once I get in, my body is ready to pass less than 10 times per game! Mitch Leidner is TRASH at throwing footballs :v:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Alrighty, I'm in....

This Minnesota roster is about 10 times worse than when I ran it through 4 seasons of the PS3 dynasty.

Go easy on my scheduling for S1 please, this roster isn't winning poo poo. My fastest player is a DB at 90 speed. My QB has 84 throw power and 74 accuracy, he'll go places!

Got some good recruiting prospects in the sights, and redshirted some guys who should contribute next season. Mainly just really have to get past year one where I'll struggle to beat the CPU because my talent is trash. If I can end the season over .500 i can start recruiting talent.

:getin:

Dubious fucked around with this message at 10:06 on May 20, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Let's get this poppin, son

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Let's get this poppin, son

cletus42o posted:

Waiting for Dubious to join, and going to give the two guys who said they would take spots to hold onto for later (and Mizzou if he resurfaces) at least a couple of days before we start it off officially. So you've got time.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
will we get to play on friday, i'm really excited for this.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

will we get to play on friday, i'm really excited for this.
I'll start working on custom schedules today while my wife and her mom go out to brunch before her graduation.

I won't start until probably Saturday morning, but I'll try. Really just the scheduling and making sure any last people who want to get spots get them secured are going to be the hold-ups.

edit - Current line-up of players. Forgot I had invited Jes, he runs the only other non-goon dynasty I'm still in. He's in the GroupMe room now.

Expecting at least 1 more player who has said he is going with a small school like Utah State or Colorado State, so he won't mess with my scheduling. There are 2 other pending invites out there, which would put us to a full 12 player roster, but I'm not expecting much. Maybe if we wait til Sunday. We'll all make a decision on when to begin very soon!

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 13:21 on May 21, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
sounds good. ill be going to california for the long weekend, but i got my recuiting board set.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 1

#6 Michigan St (cletus42o) vs Florida (Dio) - Chick-fil-A Kickoff
#14 LSU (JB) @ #15 Clemson (Tyler/GM) - Cowboy's Kickoff

#23 Boise St (Nick/GM) @ Michigan (CPU)
Nebraska (Adam/GM) vs #4 Baylor (CPU)

Oregon, South Carolina, UNC, and Minnesota have first week byes (sorry, but you'll thank me later in the season).

Link to full schedules:
http://i.imgur.com/eBmD3cS.png

Tried to make it as fair as possible, though Boise St may have too easy of a road - but if he can get through Florida and UNC (his two user games), that'd be a feat even though he's one of the few ranked teams - not much to gain winning against his conference opponents, but we'll see. I'm possibly going to stick him in the Pac12 next season with Wreckus.

I know Dio and I will try to get our game done this weekend if possible, but Tyler is going to be out of town through Memorial Day. Forgot to check if anyone would be out of town for the long weekend, but I did start the dynasty sooner than I originally thought.

edit - Also, realignment for the Big10 is definitely happening for next season. Didn't realize all 3 of us in it were in the "Legends" division. Schedules next season will be a lot easier to put together.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 23, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#6 Mich St over Florida, 45-24.

Unfortunately for Dio, the Michigan St defense was playing like I couldn't believe, getting 5 picks in the game and just covering his receivers like crazy. And the Florida receivers weren't helping out too much, couple of bad drops.

First quarter was a snoozefest with no points at all, then we each scored a FG starting the 2nd quarter. But after that, Mich St had a KR TD, a pick, a 38 yard screen pass TD, another pick, a 10 yard TD, and then another TD with 3 seconds left in the half - game was 31-10 to start the 2nd half.

Mich St let up on the gas in the 2nd half until Florida scored 2 TDs in the 4th quarter, and then made a bit of a ridiculous 40 yard TD pass to put the final seal on the game with 1:35 left in the game.

Looking forward to trying this team out against JB next week.

In other dynasty news, Nebraska won 31-28 over #4 Baylor, and #23 Boise St took down Michigan 38-10. We're waiting on JB/Tyler (LSU/Clemson) now, little bit of scheduling issues but hopefully that game will get played soon.

I'm out of town in San Antonio all weekend for a wedding, so if they can play this week I can advance it before I leave (6:30am flight on Friday - ouch).

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 2

User Games
#4 Oregon (Wreckus) @ #22 Clemson (Tyler/GroupMe)
#5 Michigan St (cletus42o) @ #12 LSU (JB)
#20 Boise St (Nick/GroupMe) @ Florida (Dio)
UNC (Crowe/GroupMe) @ Minnesota (Dubious)

CPU Games: South Carolina (Jes/GroupMe) @ #9 UGA; #23 Nebraska (Adam/GFroupMe) @ BYU

No byes.

Not sure how we're going to schedule Wreckus and Tyler. Have a feeling that one may go to a sim, but Wreckus, lemme know your schedule and we'll see if we can make it happen.

Dubious, I know Crowe is getting married very soon, so you're just going to have to check with him in GroupMe and hope you catch him at a time he can play.

Lemme know if anyone has any scheduling issues. This first advance took way too long so I really don't want to stretch it out and potentially lose people who we don't already think might be taking sims (Tyler, and then Crowe is going to definitely be spotty pre- and post-wedding, but will hopefully be more regular after that's all done).

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

I'm on almost every night this week from like 9-12 EST

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

I'm on almost every night this week from like 9-12 EST
I'll let him know - that should work out then. He might have left himself on AP, so I'm going to check real quick. Don't play him yet if he did.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I don't feel like I'll be getting a shot at UNC.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

I don't feel like I'll be getting a shot at UNC.
Yeah, things aren't starting off as well as I'd have hoped (starting the dynasty on a holiday weekend and then me going gone for the wedding weekend right after), but the main thing is at least the guys who are already having to take APs don't have the XP bug and ideally that means they're not going to be giving up on the dynasty. They just won't have a great first season. But we all started at level 20 and I put XP progression to slow (since I didn't want either powerhouse teams OR low-tier teams with easy-to-beat school records to shoot ahead with the 3rd+ tier coach upgrades).. so hopefully we're not just going to twiddle down to goons again like in the SEC.

UNC is on AP. He said with his wedding (this weekend), he can't play until Tuesday at the earliest.

I know the Nick/Dio game fell through too, not sure if Dio played him AP'd or not. If you guys want to try to wait in the interest of playing these user games, just give your thoughts here or in GroupMe. I'm fine with waiting but I'm also fine with moving forward.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey Wreckus, Tyler is going out of town Sunday, so look for him.

He never shows up in my friends list as online, but if you log in to the game and load up the dynasty, I think it would show a green box next to him if he's online. So try that before you jump into one of your other games. I'm going to see if he knows a time he'll be online tonight or tomorrow night. (he's usually online past 9-10pm Eastern though if you can just check on your own occasionally) He'll look for you too, he said he added you, but I'm pretty sure I saw you online last night so I dunno if y'all just missed each other or if he mistyped your GT.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 4, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
dumb question but does the No Recruiting Boosters on mean it's a waste of points to buy recruiting packages?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yes

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Dubious, go ahead and play your game. Sorry that it's against the CPU, but your opponent has the best reason for being on AP at least (wedding is today).

Florida/Boise and Oregon/Clemson are going to the sim gods. Dio already said to just sim their game since Boise is away, and Clemson was looking for Oregon the last nights with no luck (though did see that you added him as a friend, Wreckus). So I think that one should go to a sim as well since it appears both parties made an attempt.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Doh. Forgot to update thread.

WEEK 3

User Games
UNC (Crowe/GroupMe) at #22 Nebraska (Adam/GroupMe)

Everyone else with a CPU or BYE.

Hoping Crowe will be able to play by Tues/Wed night.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 4

User Games
#8 Oregon (Wreckus) vs #25 South Carolina (Jes/GroupMe)

Everyone else has a CPU game!

Wreckus, what's your availability so I can let Jes know?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
wonder which week i can get ranked is..took out #20 last week, about to bust up #21.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey Wreckus, any update on when you will be on? Your opponent is asking in the chat, he added you on XBL. I'll have to put you on AP this weekend if we don't hear from you. :(

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 5

Wreckus, you lucked out, your opponent never ended up playing the game and you got the sim win!

User Games
UNC (Crowe / GroupMe) @ Boise St (Nick / GroupMe)

Everyone else has CPU games except for me and Nebraska.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Sorry, I was at Bonnaroo, didnt expect this to move so quickly.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 6

CPU games all around!

I'm out of town this weekend starting in about an hour, so advance won't be until late Sunday/Monday at the earliest - assuming games have been played.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 7

User Game
#1 LSU (JB) @ #19 Florida (Dio)

CPU games for the rest, byes for Dub and Crowe.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

LSU over Florida, 49-32. It is determined that I can only play this game competently while in a bubble. Tried talking to the gf simultaneously and threw two of the ugliest picks I ever have. Not to mention I took a Russell Wilson worst case scenario kind of sack. Stormed back and started to use play action against the 24/7 run commit. Also had a badass run by my backup but the highlights wouldn't load. GG.

That combo of man blitz and run commit is annoying as gently caress lol.

Dio, every time I play you I have trouble staying connected in the post game. Are you turning your console off as soon as it gets to the end of game menu? It only happens against you.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

That run you had in the red zone was pretty incredible, he was shaking tackles and scurrying through the openings. You really shut me down in the second half. The game was very tight until the 4th quarter. Great game.

I always exit the game normally after and then I save and exit, so no, I'm not turning it off immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Wreckus, waiting on you and one of the GroupMe guys to play. Going to advance whenever one of the two games is played.

If you say you can get it done in the next day, I can wait in case he finishes first.

• Locked thread