Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many seasons will we make it?
This poll is closed.
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3+ 1 25.00%
It won't even see its first season 3 75.00%
Total: 4 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'd like to do one more breeze over my board now that more players have arrived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Let's get this poppin, son

cletus42o posted:

Waiting for Dubious to join, and going to give the two guys who said they would take spots to hold onto for later (and Mizzou if he resurfaces) at least a couple of days before we start it off officially. So you've got time.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

LSU over Florida, 49-32. It is determined that I can only play this game competently while in a bubble. Tried talking to the gf simultaneously and threw two of the ugliest picks I ever have. Not to mention I took a Russell Wilson worst case scenario kind of sack. Stormed back and started to use play action against the 24/7 run commit. Also had a badass run by my backup but the highlights wouldn't load. GG.

That combo of man blitz and run commit is annoying as gently caress lol.

Dio, every time I play you I have trouble staying connected in the post game. Are you turning your console off as soon as it gets to the end of game menu? It only happens against you.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Speed isn't everything. It means much more on defense than it does on offense. My starting WRs for Nebraska are 84 and 88 SPD. Stats like Route Running and CIT are much more relevant to receivers.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Sorry I went dark for like a month. I moved from DC to Denver so I'm on that Mountain time now. But I've got everything hooked up and ready to go here for the future however long this game lasts.

Woot! I noticed you took yourself off AP and have been playing. Welcome back.

Have you joined the chat groups? It makes scheduling games much easier.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

To your point, Wreckus will not play Tyler or anyone else who's not in the thread because he makes no effort whatsoever to join the GM chat. With Tyler, are you hoping to give him more games, or less because of his recent connections issues?

With that being said, your mind is in the right place if you're thinking about establishing rivals. However, I don't think it's necessary if the result you're really looking for is to get more user matchups. Keep in mind that when you do have a bunch of people in the same division (or even conference) there is a limit to how many times they can be matched up against each other. With things as it may make it a bit easier to schedule OOC games.

I'm certainly not an expert at setting up divisions so you may want to ask ZSB (who's obviously not in this thread).

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm down with consolidation.

Also, I'm leaving town tonight but I'll be back tomorrow afternoon so I should be able to make an advance deadline no sooner than 9pm CT.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I think it's a good idea, but I don't know if it's necessary. I feel like we'll get the same results in that everyone will have 3-4 user games, but some dudes will still go MIA. Regardless, I'm down with whatever as long as it doesn't slow us down too much.

My biggest and only gripe is that last season took foreva.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus, we're up. I think this weekend would be best. I could play early Saturday, maybe around 5-6 that same day as well. Sunday is opening weekend so some time between 5-7 would be best.

E: Unless you could somehow play by 3pm today?

• Locked thread