Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I had a pig with a tophat and his name was Turbo. I spent $7 irl dollars a month on him.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I had a pig with a tophat and his name was Turbo. I spent $7 irl dollars a month on him.

I did poo poo like that too, but lord help you for admitting that unprovoked.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

net cafe scandal posted:

I did poo poo like that too, but lord help you for admitting that unprovoked.
lol dude I spent like $200 a month on gach tickets and then when my online maplebux maxed out for the month I went to target and bought like 4 or 5 $30 cards on top of that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Imagine if the EVE goons trolled this MMO. Maple Goonsquad... incredible laughs!

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
I was unable to play this but you can bet your rear end I will be blaying Maplestory 2 even though it does not look nearly as epic.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Itll be seven to eight years before Maplestory 2 is anywhere near as epic as Maplestory is now.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Whirlwind Jones posted:

lol dude I spent like $200 a month on gach tickets and then when my online maplebux maxed out for the month I went to target and bought like 4 or 5 $30 cards on top of that.

Me too, and then I gave it all away to noobs who I made play twisted games for them, in a very Heath Ledger's Joker-esque way.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Whirlwind Jones posted:

You have issues, my man.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I remember this, OP. Thank you.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Larry Parrish posted:

You have issues, my man.
Yeah, spending a small portion of my hard earned income on a recreational activity that brings be joy. drat I'm a hosed up weirdo.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i convinced a friend to play this w/ me in college. i got sick of it after a week, and he got addicted to it for months, lol

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH
Here's Gachapon.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i tried to play maplestory several times but i couldnt get any friends to stick with the game so there was no point. ive had this happen with most mmos i've tried otu

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I knew a guy who got to the max level in like 2010 and I played for a bit. The mechs were cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's your story.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Game was cool until around the teen levels, where I did not like where the grinding bell curve presented to me was heading.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

in the early 2000s the land was divided into gunbound player and maple story player

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Story Of Maple

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

in the early 2000s the land was divided into gunbound player and maple story player

I played both.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:whitewater:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

sharrrk posted:

i tried to play maplestory several times but i couldnt get any friends to stick with the game so there was no point. ive had this happen with most mmos i've tried otu

you have good friends who are trying to help you

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

elf help book posted:

That, or they hate playing with him.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

elf help book posted:

ok but usually theyre the ones who convince me to play it with them first so im getting mixed signals here

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

sharrrk posted:

ok but usually theyre the ones who convince me to play it with them first so im getting mixed signals here

They're pwning you.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

It's your story.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I remember some people in FYAD used to play this. One had an avatar of Richard Dawson, I think, and he liked Phish. Well, that's my story. Thanks for listening.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

I remember some people in FYAD used to play this. One had an avatar of Richard Dawson, I think, and he liked Phish. Well, that's my story. Thanks for listening.

everybody used to play maple story

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I never took it up and assumed it was an FYAD thing. I stand corrected.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Bicyclops posted:

I never took it up and assumed it was an FYAD thing. I stand corrected.
You missed out.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
my maplestory memory is of reaching a point where i had to slay thousands of pigs, over and over to reach the next level, very early on. i was a child and impatient, and i quit. was that the right choice? i'll never know for fure

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

It's your story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NoF8PHQJqQ

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Personally I like Cave Story more, but this one set me straight, I've never played any MMO's after it.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

played dis poo poo for a week when i was in like 8th grade or something. wound up partied up with some brazilian dude who didn't speak English so we stunlocked stuff while communicating only in anime facial expressions, the true universal language.
that is my maplestory-story

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

The Story Of Maple

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-8JIqTyXoM

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

my maplestory memory is of reaching a point where i had to slay thousands of pigs, over and over to reach the next level, very early on. i was a child and impatient, and i quit. was that the right choice? i'll never know for fure

It was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I was the second-highest leveled thief in the beta

After it ended I couldn't bring myself to play again, I was too burnt out

• Locked thread