Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You read the topic. Is there any game like this? I realize theres not a whole hell of a lot of ways to make jokes about this one but I'm gonna close the thread as soon as I get my answer, so just cut me a damned break and answer the question please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

To clarify: This is a game where no matter how powerful you get or good at games you are, your AI partner is significantly more so, and you gotta utilize that somehow.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
in the first gothic the town guards are better fighters than you for most of the game, so you can kite stuff into them to have them kill it. however, that doesn't fit every precept of your extremely specific request.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I dont think it's that specific.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
One time in Spider-Man 2: the Game of the Movie I was in a big fight with a bunch of robots that I kept losing until I found a way to hide out of their range and let my AI partner the Black Cat kill all of them for me. She was invincible.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

net cafe scandal posted:

To clarify: This is a game where no matter how powerful you get or good at games you are, your AI partner is significantly more so, and you gotta utilize that somehow.

This isn't quite the same thing, but a friend of mine sorta sucked at video games and played through New Vegas basically hugging Boone's rear end to make up for his horrible skill

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Last Guardian

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

You read the topic. Is there any game like this? I realize theres not a whole hell of a lot of ways to make jokes about this one but I'm gonna close the thread as soon as I get my answer, so just cut me a damned break and answer the question please.

Half life 2.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Solid Snake in MGS2

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In Part 3, Chapter 13 of Radiant Dawn, you have a bunch of NPCs on your side, and the NPCs are all way better than your mostly mediocre army. There's one archer who takes on like ten guys by himself every single time.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
In oblivion, and i think skyrim, guards are always higher level than you. I think there are some companions who scale that way as well.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Fallout New Vegas. One NPC can massacre an entire BOS death squad with their starting weapon wearing leather armor.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Beatrix in Final Fantasy 9 was way stronger than Steiner when she teamed up with him

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland you hire bodyguards to protect you when exploring.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

Beatrix in Final Fantasy 9 was way stronger than Steiner when she teamed up with him

yea,... but then steiner gets trance mode in the last fight and does 9999 dmg with every hit.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Iron Tarkus in Dark Souls ... lets face it... if your summoning the npc guys,... your probably not as good at fighting yet as this guy is

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

Iron Tarkus in Dark Souls ... lets face it... if your summoning the npc guys,... your probably not as good at fighting yet as this guy is

everyone massively overstates tarkus' strength, he's just going up against an ins anely weak boss who keeps falling over and is weak to his attacks (same with Jester Thomas in DS2 vs. the Baneful Queen). imo the summons who capture the 'just better than you' in DS are Transcendent Edde, and Ashen Knight Boyd.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
I haven't played wow since 2007 but we used to have this big pvp raids and we'd try to draw the opponents near town guards who were higher than the level cap and kicked the opposing players' butts.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
in the gamecube fire emblem you get a super strong paladin chick to babysit you

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

koolkal posted:

in the gamecube fire emblem you get a super strong paladin chick to babysit you

you always start Fire Emblem games with an overpowered paladin dude http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Archetype#Jagen

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Dragon Quest V in, well, I'd guess you'd call it the first act, you are accompanied by your father in many key fights and he easily one shots every enemy you come across, often with powerful critical blows. He also has the ability to attack multiple times in a single turn, and his stated level is 20+ higher than yours.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

JRPGs do this well, for instance when you flashback to a scene as Zack in Final Fantash VII to flail uselessly against a large dragon before Sephiroth appears and wipes the floor with your pansy rear end.

Soral
May 30, 2009

the game youre seeking is tingle's rosy rupee land, op

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Evil Genius

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
basically all of your squadmates in Republic Commando could kick your loving rear end if they wanted to

they're way dumber than you but that's why you're the leader :smug:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

i'm playing resident evil revelations right now because it's 9 dollars and the npc helpers are just invincible, they're like yo zombies whatever man i'll keep shooting my pistol as it rubs its gross body all over me

but yeah import tingle's rosy rupeeland from eu/buy it if you are eu dude because it's the game you want

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In TLoU the AI companions aren't stronger necessarily but they can't die and they don't get you detected in stealth sections

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

But seriously the tingle game you actuallly hire bodyguards to fight for you and i dont think you can get closer to what the op is asking for than that.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'll give Tingle a shot. I'm not really interested in turn based stuff, I think a lot of JRPGS have stuff like that. Well, that's it then.. Thank you to everyone who posted in my thread, and Good bye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Topic Locked.

• Locked thread