Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm going to have to bow out as well. I have a newborn and I need to condense my involvement. Thanks for a fun year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alucard posted:

Total BS - just Heisman the kid and keep pushing onward!

gently caress it, you've convinced me. Let's light this candle.

Are we still doing that live draft?

Let's look at my abortion of a team:

Contracted Players
Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB (1)
Cunningham, Benny STL RB (2)
Helu, Roy OAK RB (2)
Hyde, Carlos SFO RB (4)
Taliaferro, Lorenzo BAL RB (4)
Williams, Andre NYG RB (4)
Adams, Davante GBP WR (4)
Allen, Keenan SDC WR (3)
Edelman, Julian NEP WR (4)
Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR (1)
Floyd, Michael ARI WR (2)
Smith, Torrey SFO WR (4)
Wilson, Marquess CHI WR (4)
Clay, Charles BUF TE (2)
Kelce, Travis KCC TE (3)
Spiller, C.J. NOS RB (1)

Free Agents
Osweiler, Brock DEN QB
Sanchez, Mark PHI QB
Gray, Jonas NEP RB
Inman, Dontrelle SDC WR
Lions, Detroit DET Def
Mallett, Ryan HOU QB

Expired Contracts
Johnson, Charles MIN WR
Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB
Washington, Nate HOU WR
Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK

Well I don't feel too terrible about the expired contracts and I guess I'll be franchising Lynch again. At least this year I actually have Free Agents to play with.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 20, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Forever_Peace posted:

Awesome, glad to have you back Beer.

I quit the Reddit league, and you guys are active which is cool.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If anyone else is looking for a spot, we need players in the Blounts & Fortes league.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I propose we do a slow draft for both the rookie and the FA draft.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alucard posted:

We would likely have to push up the FA draft by a week to accommodate a slow draft. As it stands, a 12 hour clock slow draft takes about a week with only 3 rounds, and we have many more rounds in the FA.

Set the timer for less time once you reach the later rounds.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alucard posted:

Franchised players can be traded after tags are set, but if you commit prior to assigning extensions, the team receiving the player gets no additional tag slots.
Other commishes care to weigh in with their interpretations?

We have multiple commissioners?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Why do we do a live FA draft again?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I would prefer a slow draft, but if people would prefer the live draft I'll manage.

Franchise Tag: Marshawn Lynch
FA Extension: Dontrelle Inman, Lions

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The draft trades aren't in the system.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh, I forgot rookie picks were done in this thread and not on the site.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Confirmed.

All the loving Rookies. ALL OF THEM!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Well that was unexpected.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Why DeVante Parker, WR - MIA is still on the board is beyond me, but I will loving take him in a heartbeat.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alucard posted:

You'll have to edit that choice beer- commissioners received an email about an extended absence from ninek, and Parker was top on his prioritized list of available choices. He was dumb to forget that Cooper was already taken, but he did have a list for us to (ab)use in his absence.

Yeldon is still okay. Beer is on the clock until 11:43 pm est

Bullshit. That wasn't announced, and if he was dumb enough to forget that Cooper was gone the rest of us shouldn't be penalized for his stupidity. If that was going to happen it should have been announced before I was put on the clock.

Nelson Agholor - WR - PHI then.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Why again are we using this thread and not MFL's draft board? It's not exactly difficult to set up a rookie draft.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Allright, here's the deal for me.

I'm not particularly happy that this happened, for obvious reasons. I'm not going to argue beyond saying that this is fairly ridiculous and I don't think it's appropriate, but I can understand the bind the commissioners are in. From my perspective there was no notice given that ninek was auto-drafting, there are no rules whatsoever given regarding extended absences or what that does to the draft, and more importantly there are absolutely no rules regarding what happens with extended absences when a player fucks up his pick.

So I am requesting two things, and then I will drop this:

1. I am requesting a vote from the Commissioners that they correct this, issue me Davante Parker, and provide ninek with whoever his pick is after him.

2. I am requesting that we never use the forums to draft again and instead next year use the MFL system, which is automatic and when things gently caress up the only person who can be blamed is the player.

From my perspective the commissioner in this case is acting as the drafting player. That Alucard wasn't quick enough to correct ninek's mistake doesn't absolve ninek from making the mistake in the first place.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 17, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

jabro posted:

We can just give Parker to me and move on. I don't have any picks left so that sounds swell to me.

This seems like a fair compromise, and an appropriate reward for jabro's actions.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
In the interest of moving things forward don't bother with the vote. I'll take Nelson Agholar, Chip Kelly will demonstrate that he is the most amazing coach in the history of mankind (annihilating my beloved Redskins in the process), and my elite WR corps will dominate the league for the forseeable future.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Brutally Kunnin' Brutality continues its yoof harvest by picking up Devin Funchess, WR, Carolina and David Johnson, RB, Arizona.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Matt Jones, RB, WAS

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Stefon Diggs, WR, Minnesota Vikings

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Forever_Peace posted:

Looks good.

I should have expected this from the #1 spot, but ffoecaf has a great looking draft.

And, as always, Beer.

edit: oh yeah Beer you need to accept our trade from the draft on the site too

Not seeing an offer?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

jabro posted:

The slow draft for Blounts and Fortes goon league works really well through MFL. I know we can't do the rookie draft through them but suggest the FA draft be done this way. Hell of a lot less headaches than doing a live draft.

We could do a rookie draft so long as we follow the honor system and only draft rookies in the first three rounds.

I feel like there has to be a way to permit multiple drafts.

And I agree about the live draft being a headache.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I am down for that.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Dig it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Forever_Peace posted:

Yo we have a pre-draft trade for the commissioners to give their stamp of approval on. Hooray for shuffling bench WRs around!

The Soulful Power Ballads gave up:
Quick, Brian STL WR
Year 2015 Draft Pick 4.02
Year 2015 Draft Pick 6.02

The Brownies Are Rebuilding gave up:
Coates, Sammie PIT WR
Year 2015 Draft Pick 4.06

Also I resent Beer his 1.12 FA pick from this trade because he let it expire again. For the love of god man let me give you this pick already.

I mean, I'll keep it if you really don't want it but you don't get to whine when 1.12 rolls around and stevie johnson is still on the board and the pick is still in my hands. :colbert:

It's not showing up.

EDIT: Because I now have the pick.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Don't forget to unlock the locked dudes before we draft.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Forever_Peace posted:

Uhhhh we're rolling, right? Draft has started?

Supposedly. I didn't get a notification that it had started.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I agree with spacejung on this one.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If jabro wants Cole Beasley then I won't draft him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Taliaferro and Jonas Gray give me warm fuzzies. I am sure I won't be disappointed.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
How about Monday so we get one more week of preseason?

Or better yet next Monday so we can watch Week 3 and get the best chance possible of seeing who else gets hurt who makes the team?

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 18, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alucard posted:

Can't do Monday, need to set contracts and give some time between the drop to 24 and contract setting. I'll email tonight and let people know Friday is the deadline.

It's already an arbitrary change to the rules. It should be decided on by the league. At the very least it should be the 24th. That provides plenty of time to handle free agency, etc.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I understand that, and appreciate the explanation. However by far the most important part of this session is when players decide who to cut and assign contracts. At the very least there should be an equal opportunity for all teams to evaluate all of their players. Cutting things off on a Friday eliminates a significant portion of that evaluation. Personally I don't buy the argument that we concern ourselves with when cuts are made. If someone made a cut too soon that's on them.

Of the periods discussed I feel free agency is the least important. We have already had ample opportunity to select players to check out before contracts. If it were up to me the schedule would be cutoffs due on midnight Monday after the third week of preseason. Contracts due on midnight Monday after the fourth week of preseason. And regular waivers starting either Wednesday Sept 9 or Monday Sept 7 depending on how much time you need for contracts. Thus the part that's reduced is the no lock FCFS portion originally scheduled to go for 11 days.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So I guess we're set on doing things by Friday? I'm really not a fan but if that's what the league feels is best then I guess that's what we do.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Most teams are already down to 24 anyway.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I need to get some space for a kicker. Anyone interested in a trade? Either a 2 for 1 trade, or trading for a draft pick?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
5 Years: Jonas Gray, Charles Clay
3 Years: Carson Palmer
1 Year: Miami DST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Are rosters reset each week, or do we keep the same order until we use a WW pick?

• Locked thread