Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

TARDISman posted:

I am so excited. My Colt just became my first 6* with a random Honor Summon I did for reasons passing understanding.

I want to get him to 7*, but I don't know if my team can hold out against the Mecha dungeons, about what should my average team... star level(?) be for that?

Should average 6* unless you have some very specific units (mix of mitigation, healing, status immune, high hp ideally), then you may be able to do it with a mix of 5 and 6 stars. The mecha gods output a lot of damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Really need to retool my arena squad now that you get bonus points for both win streaks and random rules. Probably should swap in some 7* units for the added stats in the rare cases I get hit by the 'No BB' rule.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

For some reason my available quests in raid battles are all empty, as such I cannot choose a quest to start. Anyone run into the same issue?

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Reading about raids make me sad - I still do not get to select any quests in them. Seems like reinstalling/refreshing data does not work, though reading through some posts in other forums, it may take multiple tries.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Annointed posted:

I got an Aurelia. That, Selena and Ultor makes three guys who I absolutely dread to farm bulbs and mega man robots for. Is there any way to maximize my chance of capturing a bulb? Or it simply get lucky? Also is it ever worth it to empty a unit slot in your team to field a seven star when you can't afford to field a full team? I can evolve my Tora and I'm wondering if that's worth it.

Just luck on the bulb, basically (other than choosing the correct vortex dungeon). And as far as I can tell, 2 six-stars are better than 1 seven-star and 1 empty slot. So filling up your entire team should be better.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

A seven star leader and an empty slot is better than a 6 star leader and 6 star sub usually. Plus you can always toss some 5 star sub in with the 7 star if you need the extra damage. Odds are if you're early enough in content that filling out a team is somethin you lack the cost to do, the 7* unit is going to be pretty much invincible in those fights. A 7 star unit taking maybe 1-200 damage per hit from a boss is going to survive a lot longer than a pair of 6 star units taking 800+ damage there. Before I stopped using my team in Japan it was Kira/Feeva/Darvanshell/Michele. I could've dropped Feeva or Kira to bring in Rigness and Zelnite but rarely was it necessary outside of trials and the later GGCs.

I think Tora is not so great a leader in your typical situations to give up a slot for. You do have a point about seven star leader skill in general though, I guess I was somehow thinking from purely a sub role and a zero sum situation (as you say, can always throw in a 5 star rather than leave the slot empty). I do think that the survivability between a 5->6 star is greater than that between 6->7 star. There may also be some difference in damage? You likely have the 6-stars at SBB10, while a 7-star and a 5-star (which normally is not worth the effort to get BB to 10) may get outdamaged.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Got a breaker Zenia, I guess that means I can stop leveling/evolving my anima Lava?

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Selena Frontier.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Farming middle FH, would love it if more people put their Kiras up.

Kegslayer posted:

Finally managed Trial 7 after I realised that Tridon's shield is still bugged. The first two times I went in blind and had Ark wipe my squad twice cutting through the shield, 140% def buff and Aurelia's rec to def buff. After that, Zenia's UBB made the entire run a joke. I mean just plain attacking with everyone but the mitigator took about 20% of the Ark's health bar so the whole run took about 12 to 15 turns.

Even if they never get Tridon's shield right, I can't imagine there's any content out there that the Global units can't just waltz through.

Bugged how? Also what team/leads did you use for Ark?

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Poala Bear posted:

Add me, VassarLB (2359989278) if you don't have me already. I keep my breaker Kira up during Medal Rush and FH. Otherwise I have Griff, Bestie, Tridon, and Zenia I can put up.

Certain threshold damage attacks will use Tridon's shield to calculate damage instead of your unit's actual HP. So if a threshold attack is suppose to do 150% of your HP, it'll do 4500 damage (150% of the 3k shield) instead of like... 25k damage (for a unit with 15k HP).

Added you. Hmm, did not really notice that, though I also went into Ark blind as well. Might not have shields up when he did the big ST hits.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Finally I can use Lilith again (after a few more months).

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Another advise is that you should usually keep at least a copy of a unit even if it is bad (now). Who knows what future evolution/buffs they will get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Ratmtattat posted:

Update came out with guilds now. I created one called "SA Goons" if anybody is still playing and wants to join. I don't know all the benefits, but it's something to do at least.

Request sent.

• Locked thread