Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slam flanders
Jan 13, 2015

once I learned dvorak my typing became WAY loving faster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

what's your wpm, op. is it 69, 420, or over 9000

slam flanders
Jan 13, 2015

As a Millennial I posted:

wha???

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Goldmine.

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
the onljne encyclopedia of funny numbers

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'm beginning to think this thread is just a clever ruse.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
duhh *pulls out order of esoteric keyboard layouts membership card*

slam flanders
Jan 13, 2015

I dont even cut and paste boilerplate. I can type it all out in a really short time

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i still use a standard keyboard layout but i guess i'm not hip and cool like you, op

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I use dvorak's chili recipe and it is delicious.

http://dvorak.org/CHILI.htm

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i learned dvorak years ago but it didn't make me type faster and just made everything hard when using other keyboards

it was an interesting mental exercise but its so inconvenient irl because nothing uses it

slam flanders
Jan 13, 2015

akadajet posted:

i learned dvorak years ago but it didn't make me type faster and just made everything hard when using other keyboards

it was an interesting mental exercise but its so inconvenient irl because nothing uses it

could say the same thing about the metric system (is embraced by the scientific community, Neil de grasse Tyson uses it, more logical, etc)

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
people learn dvorak so that when they use your keyboard they can be like "wtf is this qwerty bullshit :smug:"

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Smythe posted:

Goldmine.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

dvorak is not faster in anything except contrived tests, so dvorak users only do it because they're contrarian dickwads

they probably use bsd, a trackball, and sit on one of those stupid kneeling chairs for the same reason

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

trackballs own

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU
I use a trackball, this keyboard, and a custom keyboard layout that's a conglomeration of programmer dvorak and the 10 swap keyboard on this page.

do I win, or do I just lose at life?

Pendragon fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 18, 2015

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

you're into some pretty obscure keyboards. we've probably never heard of them right?

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Sweevo posted:

dvorak is not faster in anything except contrived tests, so dvorak users only do it because they're contrarian dickwads

they probably use bsd, a trackball, and sit on one of those stupid kneeling chairs for the same reason

hey don't insult trackballs. my dad uses one at work and he's a pretty rad guy for his age

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU

Sweevo posted:

you're into some pretty obscure keyboards. we've probably never heard of them right?

my keyboards are so underground that I code using small earthquakes

edit: more on topic I tried dvorak once. it murders the crap out of your right pinky.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

no dvorak only zorak

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

slam flanders posted:

once I learned dvorak my typing became WAY loving faster

so what you're telling us is you didn't know how to type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
I use Dvorak because it makes me better than you.

gently caress those Colemak bastards.

• Locked thread